Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4e PbP]In the Wake of the Plague [IC/Game Thread]

ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Critical Failures
In the Wake of the Plague

A Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Play by Post Adventurganza

Today is the first day of spring, and the beginning of the Dawning Festival, the celebration of the equinox and the renewal of life. The air is crisp and winter’s chill has not been fully chased off by the lengthening days. Most of the town has come out to the western grounds for the first day of the festival. Music can be heard coming from tents, surrounded by dancing villagers. Booths abound offering roasted meats and the winter’s best ales. The winter in Khenua is unforgiving, and the celebration marking its end is met with a kind of revelry only those who had endured its severity could attain.

Each of you is present for the festivities today for your own reasons. Some of you have come to partake, some to observe, some seeking a common thread, another soul willing to accept who you are. As the sun begins to sink over the wheat fields to the west of the fairgrounds, many of those revelers still present are in a state of almost crippling drunkenness. The mood is light and the music grows ever louder as dusk begins to settle on the town.

In an instant, a piercing cry is heard from the western end of the fairgrounds. Panic quickly spreads as a veritable stampede of humanity flees the incoming threat. A handful of goblins can be seen coming from the west, apparently led by a human soldier and a man in heavy black robes. The robed man grabs hold of a fleeing villager and you see her begin to rot in front of your eyes as he chants until her lifeless corpse drops at his feet. Two of the goblins begin firing arrows at the fleeing crowd, felling several unfortunate villagers.

Looking around, you notice only four others not fleeing in panic. It seems you five are all who are left to defend the village.

The Party:

Aria, Human Psion, played by Oloron
PjW71.png

Celgar Pius, Genasi Paladin, played by Fondor_Yards
IVtCP.png

Lilika Silverheart, Halfling Rogue, played by Snowdown
fY5Q0.png

Vimak, Goliath Barbarian, played by Squints
7Fwtd.png

Wil, Half-Elf Ardent, played by OptimusZed
UnN9L.png

D&D [chat] names list for games
XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
**PUUUUUUNCH**
Chanus on
«13456718

Posts

  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Bad Guys:

    Dark Servant (Black-Robed Figure) (DS)
    HP: 38 . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Human Soldier (HS)
    HP: 31 . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Goblin Archer (GA1, GA2)
    HP: 29 . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Goblin Blackblade (GB1, GB2)
    HP: 25 . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11

    Goblin Cutter (GC1, GC2, GC3, GC4) (Minions)
    HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Dkghv.jpg

    The tables and fence provide light cover and would be considered difficult terrain to cross.

    Roll Initiative!

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vimak is hurling drunkards around in the brawling festivities, some of them wrapping around his legs like toddlers trying to take him down. He laughs thunderously as he shakes them off and sends them sprawling into the mud. "I have defeated 22 of you, I hope you bring a few more dozen next time!" The Goliath bellows to the cheering crowd. He helps a few of the men up and dusts them off, "A good battle, my friend. Have ale and be merry!"

    It's then that Vimak sees everyone running away from him. "Is it something I said?" He murmurs before looking over his shoulder, just in time to see the black-robed man fell a villager. Vimak growls and grabs his huge sword and straps on his armor, mud still seeping down over his skin.

    "ENJOY YOUR SENSELESS SLAUGHTER WHILE YOU CAN, GREENSKINS! For now you fight a true warrior that does not run from battle, but to it! As for you, humans, your green meat shields will not be on this living plane to watch me separate your heads from your bodies!"

    With Vimak getting his battle gear on, he joins the battle a bit late:
    Initiative: 1d20+0 5

    Squints on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The day had been an easy one for Lilika. Celebrations always were. The drunken crowd practically begged to be robbed as their lifted possessions fell into Lilika's hands one by one. Purses, jewelery, finery, trinkets and weapons. None were safe from her deft fingers. She even had many a reveler slip her some food or a sip of mead here and there, thinking they were contributing to the merriment of a young child instead of feeding the footpad what just cut their purse strings.

    From her hiding spot under the table Lilika drew the purse of the final drunken lout sitting above her as the first screams of terror pierced the air. In the ensuing stampede, the table was nearly knocked over and Lilika crushed.

    "By Sehanine's bow that was close" she mutters quietly.

    She pondered joining the villagers in their flight, but the promise of the wealth that these raiders carried was too appealing.


    Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10
    Stealth: 1d20+10 = 21

    Snowdown on
  • OloronOloron Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Aria had spent most of the day so far trying to avoid her family and her fiance, Sarron. Not an easy task given the relative prominence in town of her father and Sarron. Normally, she would have enjoyed the festival immensely - she felt a great deal of affection for her town and its people. However, this year all she could think about was how to get herself out of the engagement without disappointing her family.

    She was quite lost in her own thoughts when the first yelling started. Initially mistaking it for cries of laughter or some actors putting on a show for the revelry, she ignored the noise and was very surprised to find herself looking at the approaching invaders with almost everyone else gone.

    Thinking to herself, "I should probably run, but someone from my family should help.", she looked for some way to stop the goblins without exposing her powers.

    Initiative: 1d20+0: 18 [1d20=18]

    Oloron on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I always wondered why more women didn't come at waist height, thought Wil to himself as he watched the halfling slide from under the bench.

    "Careful there, little lady," he says as he reaches down to pull her to her feet, "let me help you. Wobbly knees are kind of my thing."

    Initiative: 1d20+0 12

    OptimusZed on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Celgar sighed in relief as he spotted the town up ahead. He be much willing to trade people spitting dirty looks to have a warm bed and meal for the first time in a week. Pulling his cloak on over his armour, he made sure to cover his 'hair' and as much skin as possible.

    It looked like that wouldn't even be necessary this time though. The town appeared to be in the middle of some sort of festival. Half the town was drunk and the other half was well on the to joining them. If anyone noticed anything funny about him, appeared they put it off on the drink. Settling down at a table with a big ale and big plate of food, he was very much looking forward to the meal.

    Suddenly all the villagers around him started screaming. Celgar sighed, assuming the gig was up, but it seemed like a little much just for him. Then an arrow whizzed by, nail a villager in the back, as another embedded itself into his lamb.

    Turning around, he saw a wave of goblins, back by what appeared to be two humans coming out of the woods. Drawing his sword and shield, he slid over the top of table to take cover on the other side. Glancing around, he saw only a few people hadn't fled from the goblins. A bear of a man who looked like he could take them all with only his hands, a drunk with a halberd that looked like he be as much danger to them as the goblins, and curiously a completely unarmed human female.

    While he might appreciate their courage in staying behind, it looked like all the real work was going to be done by him and the big man.

    Initiative: 1d20+0 13

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The two Blackblades seem to have gotten the jump on the party. Quickly, they charge the party. One catches Wil with a glancing blow and the other approaches Celgar but his swing goes wide.

    The human aims his crossbow at Celgar, firing a bolt that barely penetrates the shoulder joint of his plate armor.
    GB1 Charge vs. Wil (AC): 1d20+5 = 19
    1d6+2 = 7 Damage.

    GB2 Charge vs. Celgar (AC): 1d20+5 = 13
    Miss!

    HS Crossbow vs. Celgar (Reflex): 1d20+6-2 = 21
    1d8 = 3 Damage

    Map:
    pq6Aw.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB1): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 22(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC1): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC3): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC4): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 31(31)

    << Next: Aria | On Deck: Goblin Cutters then Celgar >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • OloronOloron Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Damn, damn, damn... Aria is a bit shaken by the sudden clash of swords and the arrow fire.

    She sees the only other person on her side was hit by an arrow, Is his hair on fire? Did the arrow do that?

    Aria quickly moves to get a clear view of his attacker while making sure to keep the bench between herself and the human archer. Using her mind for the first time in a fight, she concentrates on the goblin attacking the paladin. Unfortunately, the shock of the sudden fight and the fear of her own head bursting into flames is enough to break her focus and nothing happens. Well, at least no one will know...

    Concerned for his safety, she calls to Celgar, "How can I help? Was the arrow on fire?"
    I'm assuming she's never seen a fire genasi before.

    Move to R10
    Mind Thrust on GB2: 1d20+6=9 Miss.

    Oloron on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Goblin Cutters charge wildly at the party, swinging their short swords ferociously. Two charge Vimak, but only one connects with a hit. One charges Celgar, missing by a wide margin, and one charges Aria, hitting her. Lilika notices the goblins seemed to have charged right past her.

    (GC1) Charge vs. Vimak (AC): 1d20+6 = 22
    Hit for 4 damage

    (GC2) Charge vs. Vimak (AC): 1d20+6 = 12
    Miss!

    Charge vs. Celgar (AC): 1d20+6 = 12
    Miss!

    Charge vs. Aria (AC): 1d20+6 = 19
    Hit for 4 damage

    Lilika is hidden (combat advantage for first attack).

    Map:
    C7iZy.jpg


    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB1): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC1): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC3): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC4): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 27(31)

    << Next: Celgar | On Deck: Goblin Archers then Wil >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Gah I'll make that dam bastard pay for that! Coward come over here and fight me like a man!" Celgar curses at both the bolt and the man who fired it. One of the larger goblins charged at him, but despite the pain he easily ducked under the blow. The other ran towards to the two men on his right, but they would have to deal with it.

    "How can I help? Was the arrow on fire?" Glancing back, the unarmed human woman moved a little closer to him.

    Despite himself, he couldn't help but laugh a little at that. But before he could respond, two of the smaller goblins charged at him. The first he easily blocked with his shield, but the other used the open second to run past and attack the woman who came to help him, slashing her with it's small blade.

    Muttering a small prayer to Erathis, Celgar's blade glows as he drives his blade deep into goblin's chest. Stepping on it's torso he kicks the now lifeless corpse off his blade and turns to face the real threat in front of him.

    "No, I'm quite fine it's only a scratch, I can explain the fire later. I also appreciate you coming to help me miss, but you'll be safer back with the rest of the villagers. Stay behind me and I'll make sure no more of these beasts lay a hand on you."
    Anything said in magenta is in primordial

    Minor: Mark GB2 with Divine Challenge
    Standard: Holy Strike vs GC4 AC 1d20+7 =22 Hit!
    Damage: 1d10+5= 12 GC4 is dead

    << Next: Goblin Archers | On Deck: Wil then Dark Servant >>

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Archers stalk forward, one firing at Wil, the other at Celgar. Wil is struck while the other misses Celgar.
    (GA1) Ranged vs Wil (AC): 1d20+6 = 20
    Hit for 1d8+2 = 8 + 1d6 = 1 = 9 Damage

    (GA2) Ranged vs. Celgar (AC): 1d20+6 = 19
    Miss!

    Map:
    rfyEv.jpg


    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB1): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC1): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC3): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 14(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 14(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 27(31)

    << Next: Wil | On Deck: Dark Servant then Lilika >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "GAH! Who in the Abyss do you think you're shooting at?!"

    Specifically not using Ardent Outrage since it would have no actual effect this time.

    His anger and frustration with the turn of events building, Wil lets out a drunken howl of rage and slams his halberd down awkwardly at the goblin who stabbed him.

    My first act as party leader will be to heal myself. Ardent Surge bonus HP: 1d6 2 For a total of 9 hitpoints recovered, and a +1 to all my attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

    Then; Energizing Strike vs AC on GB1: 1d20+6 7 1d10+4 7 Swing and a miss.

    For my move, I'll shift backward to Q8 like the manly man I am.


    "Oh Kark. That was the wrong one. Hey, hey YOU! Yeah, you. The real one. Stand still!"

    << Next: Dark Servant | On Deck: Lilika, then Vimak >>

    OptimusZed on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Dark Servant moves in to attack, but is unable to make it far enough in time to do any harm.

    "Slaathen will have your bones!" he hisses.

    Map:
    iMW4E.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB1): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC1): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC3): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 27(31)

    << Next: Lilika | On Deck: Vimak >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lilika suddenly appears from the shadows, her dagger deftly sliding under the armpit of the goblin. As the blade pierces his artery he collapses; his body spasming once before laying still in the massive pool of blood collecting at her feet. She then quips to Wil "Whassa matta big man? The wittle goblins got your legs all wobbly?" before tumbling deftly under the table in front of her, using it as cover.

    Opening strike vs GB1 (AC 16) 1d20+11 = 31 CRITICAL HIT
    2d4+2d6+5 = 25 Damage
    Lilika is at +4 to all defenses until the end of her next turn.
    Move: Acrobatics 1d20+12 = 17 shift into O,6 using the table as cover.

    (Also hoping that the table, since lilika is a small creature, will provide some sort of cover bonus to her giving her another +2 to defenses)

    AC 22 Fort 15 Ref 22 Will 16 (or 24/17/24/18 with cover also)

    Snowdown on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vimak growls at the cutter that hit him, swinging his sword in retaliation. The sword slips through the goblin from shoulder to hip, cleaving him in twain. The blood spatters onto the barbarian, making him feel alive! Vimak looks to the other cutter, using his finger to draw a " | " in the mud on his body.

    Recuperating Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 23 Hit! GC 1 is dead. Vimak gains 3 Temporary Hit Points.

    << Next: Goblin Blackblade | On Deck: Goblin Blackblade >>

    Squints on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The remaining Goblin Blackblade, unnerved by the loss of several comrades, takes a tentative swing at Celgar but misses.

    The Human Soldier hurries forward, dropping his crossbow and switch to a longsword and shield.

    Map:
    IPXeS.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 25(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12
    Goblin Cutter (GC3): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 27(31) +3 Temp HP

    << Next: Aria | On Deck: Goblin Cutters then Celgar >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • OloronOloron Registered User
    edited August 2010
    "Oh. Glad you're fine." Aira gives him a small smile and turns her attention to the goblins in front of Celgar. Pushing images of total defeat into the minds of both goblins, she feels their morale turning. The larger one winces as if physically struck. The fierce look on the smaller's face fades as it clutches its head in a mixture of pain and defeat, falling dead at Celgar's feet.

    Her smile getting slightly more uncomfortable, she steps back a bit. "They seem very, um, intimidated by you. I think I'll stay, but will take you up on the advice to stay behind you."

    Dishearten centered on P12:
    GB2: 1d20+6=23. Hit!
    GC3: 1d20+6=13. Hit! Dead.
    GB2 damage: 1d6+6=10. GB2 now has 15HP.

    Move to R9.

    << Next: Goblin Cutter | On Deck: Celgar >>

    Oloron on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The remaining Goblin Cutter is visibly unnerved by the loss of his companions. He hesitates momentarily, almost whimpering and glancing between the Dark Servant and Vimak as if to say, “Do I have to?”

    Apparently deciding his fear of the Dark Servant overrides his fear of Vimak, he makes a half-hearted attempt at a swing, and hits him lightly, drawing a little blood.
    (GC2) Short Sword vs. AC (Vimak): 1d20+6 = 14
    Hit for 4 Damage

    Map:
    WvwRY.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 15(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 26(31)

    << Next: Celgar | On Deck: Goblin Archers then Wil >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As another goblin arrow thunked into his shield, Celgar was glad he hauled that thing around. It might be a pain, but it always proved it worth. Suddenly the small of the pair in front of him dropped dead, and the larger reeled back, clucking it's head. Puzzled, but willing to accept his good fortune, he took the chance to attack while it had it's guard down. But whatever attack had hit it hit him it seemed, since despite it being unaware his sword went wide.

    Holy Strike Vs GB 2 AC
    1d20+7: 10 Miss!
    1d10+7: 15 Dam, that would have killed it too...
    << Next: Goblin Archers | On Deck: Wil then Dark Servant >>

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Goblin Archers advance on the party and fire, but both shots miss their targets.
    (GA1) Crossbow vs. AC (Wil): 1d20+6 = 14
    Miss!

    (GA2) Crossbow vs. AC (Celgar): 1d20+6 = 15
    Miss!

    Map:
    Rv5Z6.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 15(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 26(31)

    << Next: Wil | On Deck: Dark Servant then Lilika >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Still reeling from the combination of injury, drunkenness and his own momentum, Wil stumbles sideways until he can stumble no more. Confused by the metal wall in front of him, he pokes it, then recoils as he notices that it seems to be on fire. Luckily for the "wall", our tactless leader sees another goblin directly over the obstruction and decides to try and clobber it with his halberd.
    Move to Q9.

    Energizing Strike vs AC on GB2: 1d20+6 22 1d10+4 10 HIT! The "Wall" gets 4 temp HP. But the goblin lives. Dammit.

    Minor: Battlemind's Demand on GB2, marking him so he's at -2 against Celgar and has to incur an OA if he wants to get me.

    "HAHA! Take that you little pieshe of OH CRAP HE'S SHTILL SHTANDING! Man I hope this wall holds."

    "Oh, hey baby", he says, just now noticing Aria. "Did you see? There'sh goblinsh. Wild."

    << Next: Dark Servant | On Deck: Lilika then Vimak >>

    OptimusZed on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Dark Servant runs forward, leaping onto the table. He stares down Celgar with a fanatical look in his eye. “Now you will feel the sting of Slaathen’s power!” A black mist swirls around his short sword as he swings it viciously at Celgar’s neck.

    He does not, however, deliver on his promise.

    Map:
    kjhgK.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 5(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)

    Goblin Cutter (GC2): HP: 1 . AC: 15 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 14 . Will: 12

    Celgar: HP: 23(26) +4 Temp HP

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 26(31)

    << Next: Lilika | On Deck: Vimak >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Avandra protect this careless girl", Lilika murmurs as she shifts behind the dark servant. She drives her blade at his back, but it gets caught in his robes and turns at the last second. She then darts past him to hide behind the stack of barrels.

    Combat Actions:
    (Shift 2 (N,8) as part of) Deft Strike vs DS 1d20+11 = 13 MISS
    Move: T,7 taking cover behind the barrels (Drawing OAs from the Human soldier and dark servant)
    Stealth 1d20+10 = 25
    Lilika's defenses are still at 22/15/22/16 for the OAs

    Snowdown on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vimak swings wildly and misses the Goblin cutter. With a grunt of exertion, he swings the sword back towards him and splits him half at the waist! The barbarian adds to his count on his muddy shoulder, "||", and wheels about towards the human soldier! With a roar, he smashes his sword into his target's armor!
    Standard: Recuperating Strike vs GC 2 Recuperating Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 9 Miss!

    Action Point!

    Standard: Recuperating Strike vs GC 2 Recuperating Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 16 Hit!. Vimak gets 3 THP.

    Free Trigger: Swift Charge; Encounter Power: Your attack reduces an enemy to 0 hit points. You may charge an enemy.

    Charge to N7, attacking HS. Howling Strike (At-Will) may be used as charging attack. Howling Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 22 Hit! for 1d10+1d6+7 13 damage.

    Init:
    << NEXT: Goblin Blackblade || ON DECK: Human Soldier>>

    Squints on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As Lilika slips away, the Human Soldier and Dark Servant attempt to take shots at her in a vulnerable position, but their efforts are off-target.
    (HS) MBA vs. AC (Lilika): 1d20+8 = 18
    Miss!

    (DS) MBA vs. AC (Lilika): 1d20+9 = 12
    Miss!

    The text doesn't match the link because I forgot to add +2 for combat advantage for the HS and DS flanking. Didn't make a difference, however.

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Enraged by the attack and taunts of Wil, the Goblin Blademaster cries out and shoves past Celgar to confront his adversary.

    The Human Soldier recognizes Vimak as a worthy challenge and salutes him before making a wicked attack with his longsword.
    (GB2) Bull Rush, Str +2 (-2) vs. Fort (Celgar): 1d20+2-2 18
    Success! GB2 pushes Celgar to P9, shifts to P10.

    Human Soldier marks Vimak.

    (HS) Longsword vs. AC (Vimak): 1d20+6 = 23
    Hit for (1d8+4 = 11 + 1d4 = 2) = 13 Damage

    Map:
    W2L3L.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 5(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)
    Celgar: HP: 23(26) +4 Temp HP

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 38(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 13(31)

    << Next: Aria | On Deck: Celgar >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • OloronOloron Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Aria hears Vilmak's grunt as the soldier's strike hits home. Moving slightly, she focuses all her mental energies on repelling the attacks on him. Unable to get a clear focus on the soldier's mind, all her energies hit the archer causing him to stagger, nearly sapped of his will to fight and shaking his head unable to focus. Trying to cover, she says "You've got the archer scared, Big Guy!"

    Worried about the three attackers hitting her new friend with the curious hair, she focuses one more time pushes a thought directly into the mind of the goblin next to the paladin. The goblin looks slackjawed for a moment, drops it's weapon, and falls dead in front of Celgar. Grinning in encouragement, she says, "Nice job, Red!"

    She also racks her brain for any memory of who or what Slaathen might be.
    Move: R8
    Standard: Dishearten, Augment 2, L7
    GA1: 1d20+6=19. Hit! GA1 takes a -3 penalty to attack rolls until end of my next turn.
    HS: 1d20+6=10. Miss!
    Damage for GA1= 2d6+6=18. (really wish I hadn't missed the soldier...)
    Minor, if allowed: History roll for memory of anything named Slaathen. 1d20+11 = 22
    (up to DM if a this is allowed as a minor in combat, disregard if not)

    Action Point!
    Mind Thrust vs. GB2. 1d20+6=12. Hit! Damage = 1d10+6=8. Dead.

    << Next: Celgar | On Deck: Goblin Archers >>

    Oloron on
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ((Vimak actually has 16 HP, he had 3 THP))

    Squints on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Feeling a poke in his back, Celgar glances back wondering if one of the little monsters had somehow gotten behind him. But instead it was the drunk man with the halberd. Grinning, probably to himself, he stabs forward, nearly hitting Celgar but somehow nicely hitting the goblin right in the chest.

    "Nice one, but make sure you only point that thing at green blobs and pink blobs from now on, no red ones. I'd like to keep my back hole free."

    The man in the dark robe came forward, the one who rotted away that poor woman. Muttering something about a "Slaathen" he swings his blade at Celgar's neck. Luckily, he swings his own blade up in time to parry the blow aside. "I don't kno..." but before he could finish his response and return the blow, the goblin smashed into his shield arm, not doing any damage but pushing him back a few feet.

    Growling at the annoyance, he turns to face down his original foe, but before he could move a muscle the dam thing also drops dead out of nowhere like it's brothers.

    What in Erathis's name is going on here...

    But still without time to question it, he faces the enemy mage. "As I was saying, I don't know who this pathetic Slaathen is, but his fury is no match for Erathis's!"

    Minor: Mark Dark Servant with Divine Challenge
    Standard: Holy Strike vs DS AC
    Attack: 1d20+7: 24 Hit!
    Damage: 1d10+7: 15 The roll doesn't match because I forgot to add my Wis mod*2* since DS was marked
    << Next: Goblin Archers | On Deck: Wil then Dark Servant >>

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aria seems to recall hearing of members of a cult that worships a deity called “Slaathen”, but that is not the name of any deity she recognizes.

    One Goblin Archer fires at Celgar, but his shot goes wide. The other fires a bolt that sinks into Vimak’s shoulder.
    (GA1) Crossbow vs. AC (Vimak): 1d20+6 = 19
    Hit for 1d8+2 = 8 Damage

    (GA2) Crossbow vs. AC (Celgar): 1d20+6 = 14
    Miss!

    Map:
    z4wKt.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Goblin Blackblade (GB2): HP: 5(25) . AC: 16 . Fort: 12 . Refl: 14 . Will: 11
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 31(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)
    Celgar: HP: 23(26) +4 Temp HP

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: [COLOR=”Red”]11[/color](29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 23(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 8(31)

    << Next: Wil | On Deck: Dark Servant then Lilika >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Shtill with the arrowsh. Sheesh. Hang on, big man. Help'sh a' comin'. Just gotta take care of thish little jerk firsht."

    Wil takes another staggering swing at the Blackblade, nearly taking Aria's arm off in the process.
    Minor: Ardent Surge on Vimak Ardent Surge bonus HP for Vimak: 1d6 6 For Surge +6 and a +1 to attack rolls on his next turn.

    Standard: Energizing Strike vs AC on GB2: 1d20+6 24 1d10+4 9 Hit and dead. Vimak gets 4 Temp HP.

    Move: To R9.

    "WOOHOO! Score one for the Wil'ster!," he shouts, stumbling backward a few steps in triumph.

    << Next: Dark Servant | On Deck: Lilika then Vimak >>

    Fly, Fly my Striker Minions! Bring me his head!

    OptimusZed on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Dark Servant seethes with rage as he takes another swing at Celgar, the black mist trailing behind the arc of his short sword. His swing connects and Celgar can see the wound rapidly beginning to fester.
    (DS) Shadow's Wrath vs. Fort (Celgar): 1d20+5 = 23
    Hit for 1d6+1 = 7 Damage.
    Celgar takes ongoing 5 Necrotic Damage. Save ends.

    Map:
    Llgb7.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Human Soldier (HS): HP: 18(31) . AC: 17 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 12 . Will: 12

    Aria: HP: 18(22)
    Celgar: HP: 20(26) (15 at start of his turn)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 11(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)

    Dark Servant (DS): HP: 23(38) . AC:16 . Fort: 14 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 21(31) +4 Temp HP

    << Next: Lilika | On Deck: Vimak >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ((Human soldier is also down to 18 HP))

    Squints on
  • OloronOloron Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Aria killed GB2 on her turn - post #28. Not sure what that means for Wil's attack on the already dead GB2 in post #32. DS would have been in range of the same attack?

    Oloron on
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lilika stands from her hiding spot and whips a dagger at the Dark Servant. The dagger is imbedded into the Dark Servant's neck. Celgar is covered as blood sprays from the wound and the Dark Servant slumps to the ground. She then pulls another dagger and disappears from sight(?) and moves up towards Vimak, intending to aid him when she can.

    Combat Actions:
    Standard: RBA vs DS with CA 1d20+11 = 27 HIT
    1d4+2d6+5 = 17 Damage to DS, He's dead with Wil's attack redirected.
    Minor: Draw another dagger
    Stealth: 1d20+10 = 14(might not be hidden to some people's passive perception)
    Move: (Q,7)

    Vimak is up

    Snowdown on
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Current Map:
    bfD7N.jpg

    << Next: Vimak | On Deck: Human Soldier then Aria >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
  • SquintsSquints Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vimak finds an opening in the Human Soldier's defenses. That big sword is swing horizontally, lopping off his head! The swing was so violent that the barbarian left himself open to future attacks.

    "Remember how I told you I would kill you last? I lied." He then draws "| | |" on his shoulder.
    Avalanche Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 25 hit for 3d10+10 22 damage, and HS is dead. Until the start of Vimak's next turn, any attacker gains a +4 bonus to attack rolls against him.

    << Next: Aria| On Deck: Celgar then Archers >>

    Squints on
  • OloronOloron Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Looking at the goblin closest to her, Aria asks in Common "What do you and Slaathen want with our village?"

    To the other defenders, she points at GA2 and says, "If we can, let's question that one."

    She tries to also throw a psychic attack at the other archer, but is apparently having difficulty talking and fighting at the same time.
    Mind Thrust on GA1: 1d20+6=9. Miss!

    << Next: Celgar | On Deck: Archers then Wil>>

    Oloron on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Stabbing forward, the robed man got his revenge, slicing his arm between his shield and armour. But before he could return the favor, he keeled over dead, this time with a small dagger sticking out of his back.

    Gah who keeps killing all of my enemies! Are the rest of these guys wizards or something? This is bullshit man...

    Annoyed, he turns to face the archer on his left who is now all alone. But before he could move, a sharp pain in his arm distracted him. Look down at what he though was just a minor cut, the wound began to fester and rot. He could smell his dying flesh, if he didn't do anything soon he might lose the arm.

    Letting out a roar, he charges down at the terrified looking goblin, but the pain in his arm distracts him and his swing goes wide.
    Take ongoing 5 damage. Down to 15 HP.
    Move: P9 to P12
    Minor: Divine Challenge on GA 2
    Standard: Holy Strike vs GA 2 AC
    Attack: 1d20+7: = 8 Fail!
    Saving Throw vs ongoing 5 Necrotic Damage
    = 8 Fail!

    Well this was a shitty turn....

    << Next: Goblin Archers | On Deck: Wil then Lilika >>

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • ChanusChanus capreseRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As Celgar’s attack misses, the Goblin Archer takes a step back. He then runs to put some distance between himself and what he perceives to be a giant wall of flaming terror. Turning, he fires off a bolt but his terror overcomes his ability to keep a steady hand. The bolt just whizzes by Celgar.

    The other archer retreats a bit and fires a bolt at Vimak. He grins with satisfaction as the bolt hits its mark.
    GA2, as an immediate reaction to the miss, shifts to O14.

    GA2 moves to K13.

    (GA2) Crossbow vs. AC (Celgar): 1d20+6 = 19
    Miss!

    GA1 moves to G7.

    (GA1) Crossbow vs. AC (Vimak): 1d20+6 = 17
    Hit for (1d8+2 = 10 + 1d6 = 2) = 12 Damage

    Map:
    9z9w8.jpg

    Initiative Order:
    Aria: HP: 18(22)
    Celgar: HP: 15(26) (10 at start of his turn)

    Goblin Archer (GA1): HP: 11(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12
    Goblin Archer (GA2): HP: 29(29) . AC: 17 . Fort: 13 . Refl: 15 . Will: 12

    Wil: HP: 23(30)
    Lilika: HP: 22(22)
    Vimak: HP: 13(31)

    << Next: Wil | On Deck: Lilika >>

    Chanus on
    D&D [chat] names list for games
    XCOM Name File with [chat] First Names - All Countries, M&F | Or Shivahn's with gendered names
    Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    **PUUUUUUNCH**
«13456718
Sign In or Register to comment.