As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

True Blood: Season Finale

• Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    SA wrote: »
    all the episodes are on On Demand but I haven't really kept up with them
    not a huge fan of werewolves

There aren't any werewolves in True Blood. Theres a character that can turn into a dog though.

Um.

Ummmmmm.....

SA have you watched the show

not in a while

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You might wanna watch the show before you say stuff aboot it then eh

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    To be honest they're not really werewolf werewolves in true blood.

Also, I just watched last nights episode and it was awwwweeeeeessssooome.
    We need a gif of the spin-stealin'

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    equal rights?!

Humans are not our equals!

Al_wat on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait. This is actually good?
    My world view is shattered.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I didn't want to like this show, but it's so good.

I'm up to the episode in season three where
    Lafayette's gentleman caller finds out he deals drugs.

Tara is still annoying and I would like her to die.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I can't really stand tara

Kochikens on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't really like Sookie either.

Though, I do like it when Bill says Sookie. Sook-eh.

Eric is awesome.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah, the way bill speaks is awesome and the entire show is making me like southern accents

Kochikens on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shit I still haven't seen last night's episode

I wonder if it's up on Demand yet

Straightzi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    To be honest they're not really werewolf werewolves in true blood.

Also, I just watched last nights episode and it was awwwweeeeeessssooome.
    We need a gif of the spin-stealin'

They're werewolves in the traditional sense, not in the bullshit modern sense

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I really like how theyre brutal and have a stupid pack mentality, it's charming

Kochikens on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does anyone else find this going around and around in their heads over and over?
    "Ah dunnuh who yu thaynk yu arrr but ah knuw thus much is teroooooooo"
    Uh wunna do bayud thuyyyyyyngswithyuuuuuu

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    damnit
    now its in my head

Kochikens on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lafayette is the best, needs more Lafayette

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    Lafayette is the best, needs more Lafayette

a thouand times this

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    also when I say that jason Stackhouse is fucking reatarded, I don't mean to say that he is not an enjoyable character to watch

but goddamn that boy is dumb

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't find him attractive

I was reading a magazine and they had a stackhouse, bill and eric cover and they asked the voters which one they liked best. They voted lafayette.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    yeah, the way bill speaks is awesome and the entire show is making me like southern accents

What I think is even better is that many of the main cast are non-Americans (Bill, Sookie, Jason, and Eric, maybe more).

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wish there was someway I could see the preview for next week.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well first you need a DeLorian.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Just started getting this through Netflix. Pretty good so far.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am decidedly Team-Eric.

Bill can go DIAF.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I just started watching last night's episode

Goddamn shit is real already

I'm so excited

Straightzi on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not the only person who hates Tara, right? Literally, what does she add to anything except being pissed off.

Also, goddamn is Jessica hot.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Everyone hates Tara

I liked her first season a bit, because a cynical balance was a bit necessary

And yes, Jessica is hot and one of the best parts of the show to boot

Straightzi on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OK, I'll agree that she was alright in the first season, but the character is just useless now.

Hunter on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When it looked like
    they were going to kill Jessica a couple episodes ago

I was ready to be so pissed.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Spoilers on the most recent episode
    Alright, this episode is making the fairies seem less like bullshit hippies, which is good, although I'm still incredibly disappointed that they're not going for the classical fairy image, because I love the classical fairy image an awful lot. Here's hoping there are dark evil fairies as well, that would seal the deal for me.

Also, goddamn I love Eric more and more each episode he's in.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Quetzi what were your thoughts about Russell in last night's episode

how hard were you laughing when you saw the last scene

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    gayest show that features tits ever

even gayer than the l word

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Alright, this episode is making the fairies seem less like bullshit hippies, which is good, although I'm still incredibly disappointed that they're not going for the classical fairy image, because I love the classical fairy image an awful lot. Here's hoping there are dark evil fairies as well, that would seal the deal for me.

sidhe are fascinating

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I wasn't actually there yet when I posted that

And I accidentally read a spoiler on it earlier today

That is to say

It was still bomb as hell, but I preferred him caressing the remains of Talbot in the glass jar

Further thoughts:

So happy to see Franklin back, even if for just a brief moment. I knew he was going to be back sooner or later, but I really dig me some insane vampire private eye action. And then he's dead, so, well, the Tara segments will once again be permanently unbearable

Eric as a licensed vigilante is the best thing in the world, also, I fucking love it

Sam is still one of my favorite characters for his bar brawl

Also, interested in seeing where they're going with Tommy, because I really do like him, although he was kinda a crazy son of a bitch (puns!) in this episode

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

sidhe are fascinating

Yes exactly

Like I could understand them not wanting to do a whole Seelie/Unseelie court because the vampires are already rockin' that ridiculous political bullshit

But at least give me something other than boring ol' wood nymphs frolicking and being lesbians

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That is to say

It was still bomb as hell, but I preferred him caressing the remains of Talbot in the glass jar

Further thoughts:

So happy to see Franklin back, even if for just a brief moment. I knew he was going to be back sooner or later, but I really dig me some insane vampire private eye action. And then he's dead, so, well, the Tara segments will once again be permanently unbearable

Eric as a licensed vigilante is the best thing in the world, also, I fucking love it

Also, interested in seeing where they're going with Tommy, because I really do like him, although he was kinda a crazy son of a bitch (puns!) in this episode
    technically that's the second time he's died

they could keep bringing him back and killing him repeatedly if they wanted to get some cheap jokes/angst from Tara

fucker just won't stay dead. he should keep coming back and fucking with Tara's head. in case you couldn't tell by now, i'm in the "hate Tara's guts" category

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That is to say

Further thoughts:

they could keep bringing him back and killing him repeatedly if they wanted to get some cheap jokes/angst from Tara

fucker just won't stay dead. he should keep coming back and fucking with Tara's head. in case you couldn't tell by now, i'm in the "hate Tara's guts" category
    Are you suggesting you actually thought he was dead last time? Because he didn't melt, and the weapon used clearly wouldn't kill him (every other weapon in the rack probably would have, too, we were yelling at the TV when she chose the morningstar)

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, not True Blood, but whatever, on right afterwards

I'm catching up on Hung lately

And
    MIND BULLETS

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That is to say

Further thoughts:

Are you suggesting you actually thought he was dead last time? Because he didn't melt, and the weapon used clearly wouldn't kill him (every other weapon in the rack probably would have, too, we were yelling at the TV when she chose the morningstar)
    his head was mush

i automatically assume that's dead, no matter what species you are

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That is to say

Further thoughts:

his head was mush

i automatically assume that's dead, no matter what species you are
    I'm sorry, have you not seen the death of every other vampire in the series?

It was so obvious he was still alive, irritatingly so

Even Tara knew it, later in the episode when the staking thing is mentioned, she gets this look of fear and knowledge on her face because shit, she did not kill him and she knows it

Straightzi on
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

That is to say

Further thoughts:

Haha, I was doing the same, she couldn't have chosen a worse weapon from that rack. Unless she kept wailing on him until he exploded maybe.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680