As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Gauging Interest] Dark Heresy One-Shot PbP?

susansusan Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Critical Failures
So I have been reading and absolutely loving the Dark Heresy rulebook, and plan on running an adventure with my regular gaming crew sometime in the next few months. I was looking around the Forum here for an example game so as to do my pre-GM research, and noticed that not only were none currently active, but those in the past never seem to have made it past 5 pages of In-Game action. And so I ask a question:

Is anyone here interest in taking part in a Dark Heresy quick one-shot adventure? I love the short form of the one-shot, and feel it might encourage people to stick around until its end, and also this would give me a chance to test-run this thing as a GM before I wade in for realz (both in RL and possibly on the Forums). Please post your comments and concerns; I'd love to hear from people what they think. Later!

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
susan on

• susansusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Really? Nuthin'? Interesting...

susan on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd give it some more time, perhaps a week. I'd consider it but I'm too busy lately. Every now and then people will jump into a 40k RPG thread and you'll have 4-5 people saying how neat it'd be if somebody ran a DH play-by-post, but almost nobody offers to GM.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You could try posting an announcement in the PbP gaming index thread. I'm not sure how many of the RPG crew are following it, as opposed to just the boardgamers, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Darian on
  • TunnelRunnerTunnelRunner Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I recently bought the Dark Heresy rulebook myself, and have been considering making a recruitment thread as well. So it's a sure thing that I'd be interested.

TunnelRunner on
    Pkmn D FC: 1591 5067 6103 --- KotS
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I first ran Dark Heresy as a PbP here on the forums, and I've gone on to run it for real-life games over the course of many months. It's been a while since I've played/ran the system but I'd love to help another new GM out (and get to play Dark Heresy at the same time!).

I'd like to know what sort of adventure this is going to be before submitting any kind of characters, though.

DarkPrimus on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ooh, interest! Yay!

For those posting, my thought is that the adventure would be a 'Trial By Fire' for the PCs run by an Inquisitor who is looking to recruit a new crew of odd-job personnel. You would be tasked with an assignment and a set of mission parameters. If you succeed, you are hired, given a generous stipend, have access to Imperial equipment and supplies, and are granted the authority of working directly under a very powerful servant of the Emperor. If you fail... You don't want to fail. Any character type would be acceptable, and an assortment of skills and specialties would come in handy in addition to your standard shooting and stabbing. Again, my thought is this would be a one-shot thing, but if it doesn't fizzle and ends up being beloved by all, then who knows?

If people are still interested, I could whip up a recruitment thread. Also, does anyone know of any online Character Sheet hostings for Dark Heresy, or would people just post their stats and the like on the boards in spoilers?

susan on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to play too if possible! I was in one PbP here a while ago, but it sadly petered out.

Wildcat on
  • TunnelRunnerTunnelRunner Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not familiar with any character sheet hosting sites that support Dark Heresy, sorry. Here's a site with pdfs of CSs, though.

TunnelRunner on
    Pkmn D FC: 1591 5067 6103 --- KotS
This discussion has been closed.