As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Out of Left Field! -- Age of Empires Online Announced at Gamescon - beta signups open

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
I think beta signups just opened today as well.

An RTS MMO. This should be interesting.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/community/pages/gamescom.aspx
Age of Empires Online
Exciting news from GamesCom! The best-selling real-time strategy series of all time continues with Age of Empires Online! Join friends and friendly rivals from around the world as you create a living, growing online empire. Centered around your unique online capital city, embark on quests, play with or against friends, and immerse yourself in epic tales, quirky characters, adventure, history and strategy. Age of Empires Online will offer free-to-play experiences via Games for Windows - LIVE. Visit the Age of Empires Online site or read the full press release to get more details.

Bamelin on

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bleh.

Man, I love me some AoE games, but I can't get myself to get excited about this. Between the completely unnecessary change to a "stylized" cartoony look, to the jumping on the "online" bandwagon, it just feels forced.

I'd have much preferred the next step in the evolution of the AoE series as where it was headed. I think the next "era" on the list was modern times. Sure, there's other RTS's that have done the past century or so but AoE is just better. Why are they going back to ancient times?

Oh well.

Also for whatever reason the videos won't work for me in firefox. I had to load up IE to get them to show up.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They do this after scuttling Ensemble. Low blow, mang, low.

edit: although I'm now reading that it's being developed by Robot Entertainment, which was started by Ensemble's founder, so I guess close enough, whatev.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Age of Empires Online will offer free-to-play experiences via Games for Windows - LIVE.

Fuck

dat

shit

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if there is any chance of seeing this on the 360 =)

Bamelin on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The new visual style is a huge turn-off. This isn't The Settlers, goddamn.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »
    They do this after scuttling Ensemble. Low blow, mang, low.

edit: although I'm now reading that it's being developed by Robot Entertainment, which was started by Ensemble's founder, so I guess close enough, whatev.

Yeah, from what I know a large portion of Ensemble employees moved over to Robot.

Babble on