Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Unofficial PAX PRIME Community DVD - AVAILABLE NOW!

ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVDLake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX General Discussion
Prime-2010-DVD-logo-564px.png

finally.png
Too many months in the making, the Unofficial PAX Prime 2010 Community DVD is finally complete!

Click on that big download button down below to grab the torrent containing all nine DVDs that make up this set, along with disc labels for each. The total size is about 66GB, but if you know torrents at all then you are aware that you can choose to not download certain files within a torrent; in this case, certain DVDs. So we've got a list here of what you will find on each disc, in case you only want to see certain things.

If you thought we had some good concert footage from East 2010, this dwarfs it tenfold. And it's only getting better! The concerts were all filmed with anywhere from 2-4 cameras, mostly spread out amongst the front row. The footage turned out great for the most part, but unfortunately that front-most section of Benaroya produced rather horrible vocals, so we apologize for that but there was little we could do about it. The audio however has been extensively worked with, so the music still sounds pretty good!

We hope you all enjoy this, as well as look forward to our future projects. Now that we have assailed the technical problems which delayed this release for as long as it did (and now that we have doubled our post-production staff), releases will come along at a much more rapid pace. We especially look forward to Prime 2011 and East 2012, and we can't wait to get them out there for you all to see!
downloadtorrent.png
Disc 1
Anamanaguchi
The Protomen

Disc 2
Metroid Metal
The Minibosses

Disc 3
Paul & Storm
Jonathan Coulton

Disc 4
MC Frontalot
Musical Guests Panel
All Documented Salmon Security Episodes; otherwise known as the PAX Prank!

Disc 5
Opening Keynote by Warren Spector
Penny Arcade Q&A 1
Roosterteeth panel

Disc 6
8-Bit Soundwaves: A Look into the World of Chiptune Music panel
OC ReMix panel
PAX Late Show Recording Session panel

Disc 7
Penny Arcade Make-A-Strip panel
Pitch Your Game Idea panel
Mega64 panel

Disc 8
Omegathon Round 4, featuring Rock Band on the main stage! Also the Sex Generals!
After Hours with Scott & Kris panel
Blamimations Alive! panel

Disc 9
Gabe & Tycho Media Q&A
Penny Arcade Q&A 2
Omegathon Finale / Closing Ceremony

New to torrents?
Spoiler:

Old Post:
Spoiler:

zerzhul on
ForumBanner1_zpsdb9ed925.png

• jimgoingsjimgoings Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm interested. Thinking about bringing my Panasonic HDC-TM300 with Rode Video Mic. The sound off this mic is terrific. At the very least, I'll shoot with my iPhone 4 which does decent 720p.

How are these videos uploaded to you for the DVD?

• ColdbrewColdbrew PAX Community DVD Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sounds good!

If you upload your video(s) to places like YouTube or Vimeo (among others) you can head over to our Video Submissions Page on our website and submit the video via linking to where it's uploaded.

Otherwise if you don't want to upload it anywhere let us know what ya got here some time after PAX and we can give you access to upload it to our FTP server.

• RaymanRayman Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Sounds good!

If you upload your video(s) to places like YouTube or Vimeo (among others) you can head over to our Video Submissions Page on our website and submit the video via linking to where it's uploaded.

Otherwise if you don't want to upload it anywhere let us know what ya got here some time after PAX and we can give you access to upload it to our FTP server.

Thank you for these DVDs, the last two were so awesome. Love these.

r

• papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User
    edited August 2010
    jimgoings wrote: »
    I'm interested. Thinking about bringing my Panasonic HDC-TM300 with Rode Video Mic. The sound off this mic is terrific. At the very least, I'll shoot with my iPhone 4 which does decent 720p.

How are these videos uploaded to you for the DVD?

I would love you if you did. I've got the HDC-HS300, and we would love to have more of that kind of video quality.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • BoomShakeBoomShake Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Your links at the top and "previous projects" section are all broken in that OP!

edited August 2010
    BoomShake wrote: »
    Your links at the top and "previous projects" section are all broken in that OP!

Fixed, thanks for the heads up.

Gotta love it when the forum adds quotes at random spots in the url, or just adds an extra http:// tag at the beginning...

• VanusVanus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll have my 7D with me. I'll flip the switch over to video mode occasionally, and see if I get anything good.

• RadicalIsotopeRadicalIsotope Registered User
    edited August 2010
    Are you also looking for photos for a PAX Prime Flickr pool? If i remember you had a pool from PAX East this year and was wondering what kind of shots you might be interested in.

• ImperfectImperfect Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will probably send you some terrible iPhone 4 footage.

(Though, that said, the videocamera on that little bugger is surprisingly nice.)

danhulton,wc,pc,days.png
    edited August 2010
    Why yes, we do have a Flickr pool, from which we make DVD menus, Ken Burns montages, and other ssssstuff!
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/paxcommunitydvd/pool/

We also have an EXCEEDINGLY simple and easy-to-use video submission system!
    http://www.paxcommunitydvd.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=3
    Works with Youtube, Vimeo, and a number of other video sites! We prefer those two services though, as we can easily download from them.

• sunnykodasunnykoda Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey people, I'm filming part of a doco on gamer culture at PAX, and you are welcome to use any footage I shoot while I'm there. Tricky part is afterwards I'll be heading straight for Vancouver and I'm filming in HD o the files are huge. If one of you has a PC at the BYOC I could do a dump before leaving the show?

I am filming a documentary about gaming culture and need help from gamers: http://www.sunnykoda.com/L2PUSA/index.html
    edited August 2010
    Nah, we won't be doing BYOC. We'll be out filming, not LANing! I have an ftp server you can access after the fact though if you'd like to share your content with us. We'd certainly love to see it. Just message us after PAX with what you'd like to do. Did you want to send it to us as b-roll, or did you want to edit it first and send it to us afterward? Because it usually takes us a while to make a Community DVD set!

edited August 2010
    We might have a computer in our hotel room, and we will have multiple terabytes of hard drive space, but I'm not sure if we would be able to work anything out. Depending on how much room your footage takes up however, I do have a few friends in BYOC that I might be able to con into taking the footage from ya.

Otherwise, pretty much what Papaprinny said.

Also, on an un-related note, I have scheduled an interview/demo of Guild Wars 2 with NCSoft at 9am Saturday morning. I'm just a huge GW fan, but if anybody isn't able to check the game out or isn't attending PAX and wants to see it, we should have that online at some point that day. I'm way too excited for this.

• killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    you want any help with POST? thats what I do for a living.. is shoot and post commercials, lol. I will be shooting, and will contribute, I'd love to help post it.. maybe some after effects stuff? :D

twitter: @killtrip
    edited August 2010
    Killtrip: YES. YESYESYESYESYES YES. We definitely need help doing post, and would love to have your assistance! How soon can you start? If you like, you can help us get the PAX East Community DVD out the door as well!

• killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    more than happy too! email me at jrquigley@gmail.com and let me know what you're looking for.

twitter: @killtrip
  • thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll be filming stuff from the Prank, which I can't really talk about, other than that I will be filming it. so I'd like to submit that if you don't mind :)

edited August 2010
    I'll be filming stuff from the Prank, which I can't really talk about, other than that I will be filming it. so I'd like to submit that if you don't mind :)

Cool! I'm well aware and informed of the prank and will try to film some of it as well when I get the chance, but I'm glad to hear you will be as well.

• MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    killtrip wrote: »
    more than happy too! email me at jrquigley@gmail.com and let me know what you're looking for.

Dude, you rock!

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
    edited September 2010
    PAX Prime 2010 has been conquered. We had a great time, and hope you all did too. We are incredibly impressed with a majority of our footage from Benaroya Hall and can't wait to show it off to you all. We will slowly get to that, but now it's time to get back to work on the PAX East project.

Now is also the time for you all to submit your photos and videos to us. We'll take pretty much anything, and you will get full credit for everything you submit. Head on over to our website and use the Flikr pool button for photo submissions or Video Submissions button for, well, video submissions.

I've also redone the OP and will update it regularly.

Finally, I want to thank all of you who have helped us out and submitted your stuff to us. We met a lot of really cool people over the weekend and make some new friends and contacts.

So I'll keep updating this when necessary, and hopefully we'll see you guys in Boston next March.

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not done uploading my videos yet. Here's what I got so far:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/stevemcb1982?feature=mhum

You may see that one of them is nearing 50,000 views...

Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: mentok1982 || PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • B for BusinessB for Business Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i have tons of footage to upload, will update this post when it is done.

Xbox Live - Jaxon121906 10k
    PSN - B_for_Business
  • KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    uploaded a bunch of video/pictures this afternoon. Hope you can make use of em. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerJones33?feature=mhum

My Youtube channel with all my PAX videos.

edited February 2011
    Bumping this old thread to let people know that we are slowly getting started on our Prime 2010 project. I still need to get all of our team's footage, but we'll be kicking into full gear soon after East 2011 in a couple weeks. So if any of you still have photos and/or videos you are willing to submit to us, please do so soon!

I see some of you posted links in here already so I'll start going through those soon and talking to you guys.

There's one of our videos up now, it's posted in the updated OP up above. It's a very rough edit but a good look at what you can expect from our concert footage.

Also, thanks to Moe Fwacky for unlocking this thread for us. :P

• KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was going over a bunch of my footage from Prime, and realized I have a ton of footage from the Lucasarts/Bioware panel that I've never posted. Is that something you guys would be interested in?

edited February 2011
    Oh yeah for sure, I actually wanted to attend that. How was it?

• MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Table mics, table mics!" Yeah, this one is gonna be good ^__^.

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
    Bumping an old thread, because...

It's finally finished! And you can all download it now!

We really hope you all enjoy it. Let us know if you have any issues with downloading, viewing, etc.

• zerzhulzerzhul Old General Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    Bumping an old thread, because...

It's finally finished! And you can all download it now!

We really hope you all enjoy it. Let us know if you have any issues with downloading, viewing, etc.

Fantastic! I notice in the OP you don't mention East 2011 in your "upcoming" ..... Should we be worried?

Oh no, it'll be there. We've already got a bit of work done on it already too. I'm personally just barely excited about it compared to Prime 2011 and East 2012. :P

• zerzhulzerzhul Old General Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    Oh no, it'll be there. We've already got a bit of work done on it already too. I'm personally just barely excited about it compared to Prime 2011 and East 2012. :P

I can see why... there's so much more PAX Prank content in the latter set, it HAS to be more exciting! ;)

Indeed there is, but there's much more than that.

• lamelama22lamelama22 Registered User regular
    Oh man... the prime's available too.. damn you Comcast. :(

Again I'll volunteer my services to burn/ship DVDs at cost if I can manage to get a copy...