As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Herpes: Going Rogue: TANKS OWN, DEAL W/IT

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crab Spiders are the best. Tons of AoE, Def, Resistance, Health and five pets. Six if you take a PPP pet but I don't know why you'd want to do that. Their spiderlegs of doom are cool too.

Get some KB protection and you're golden.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    On the other hand, Huntsmen get Build Up and Surveillance

I prefer living on the edge as the huntsman :P

Ledneh on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Here is my new Blaster I totally ripped off from one Andrew Hussie. Maybe a little NSFW I guess but it's using the CoH engine so...
    His description, verbatim:
    "Runkford Halton was once a slim nerd like any other. Then shenanigans and he became HUNK RUMP, the most amazing piece of man you've ever seen. His incredible body glows in splendor. This radiance of manly perfection is no mere light, and HUNK RUMP is capable of harnessing it to blow things up, like that new car you just bought. HUNK RUMP must now make the choice to use his newfound powers to create... or destroy. Whatever his choice, it is safe to say you could ricochet a quarter off that buttock and kill a man where he stands."

And the picture.
    hunkrump.gif

(for those curious this is the comic I stole the idea from. slighty nsfw. there are illustrated hunk rumps within)
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/extras/ps000026.html

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, this whole page is why I play the Heroes of a City with you guys.
    We go and pick the most active RP server in the game, and then fill it with characters like what's on this page. Some serious creativity when it comes to dicking around.

Speaking of, that horrible joker above is still annoying me hours later. Mainly because it's SO GOD DAMN EASY to make a really good Joker in this game. Hell, they got sued over nearly this very thing!

Here, look!
    ABetterJoker.jpg
    That took me like...15 minutes of not even serious thought. I could do even more to it if I wanted it to be Super-Creepy Joker, or if I wanted it to be more like a light-hearted one, I could do that too.

This is what the game is practically built around, so to see people not put any effort into shit annoys me.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    if i meet mark hammill i am going to ask him to do the laugh and then i will kill myself because i will never experience a happiness so simple and pure.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Gentlemen I have done a thing

stig_scot.jpg

Some say... he knows two facts about the Scottish; and BOTH of them are wrong

Ledneh on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2010
    He's no true Scotsman.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You try telling him that when he's looking at you with DeathStick in hand

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Not as cool as my evil gay Thor clone.

He wears fishnets and is into bondage.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When does my SoA get to stop wearing this stupid Arachnos gear? It's 20 isn't it.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    edited August 2010
    If you're playing a Crab Spider you have to keep the legs.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ehh may have read that wrong.

At 24 you are forced to respec and you get to choose what you specialize in. Crab Spider or Bane Spider.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I mean like, when creating the character you're limited to certain costume items, you can change that shit later on right?

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I mean like, when creating the character you're limited to certain costume items, you can change that shit later on right?

level 10 for SoA's

Pony on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, here's my newest guy, The Phantasmagorius. He's a Praetorian who is currently living the life redside because it is bestside.

x2a3yf.jpg
    I spent a lot of time working on my magic. Sleight of hand, card tricks, that kind. I wanted to be an entertainer. Marcus the Phantasmagorius! Master of illusions! But living in a place like Praetoria, where Emperor Cole and his Praetors can actually fly around...well 'pick a card' doesn't do much for the populace.

But I found something...a book that promised me real magic, the kind of stuff that would give me some real great tricks for my show. I could entertain, just like I always wanted! I could be a star!

But after I said the words...well I didn't read the whole book, I guess. There's always a catch, huh? But when you're caught up in a moment, well it's hard to take the long view. The powers I got weren't what I was expecting. It wasn't stashing cards up your sleeve. It wasn't razzle dazzle. And what I pulled out of my hat at that little girl's birthday party...it wasn't a bunny at all.

So he lost his soul and is trying to get it back. He had the chance to try and redeem himself and recruit some friends to help him earn it back, but instead, inspired by Cole's command over Praetoria, he's looking to get enough raw power to just take it back from the demon he sold it to. So he's a Loyalist with the Power Arcs. Now he's in the Rogue Isles because it offers a better opportunity to gain the kind of personal power he's after.

I've always considered the pet names to count as much as everything else with masterminds, so I waited until I was 26 and had all my pets to post any pics. Here they are.

The Demonlings
    2nw2806.jpg

The Demons
    3161zrm.jpg

And the Demon Prince
    ilm9vl.jpg

Narbus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Man that's a really good character concept. I think out of all the packs, the Magic Pack has really helped inspire people to make new guys.
    Specific Emotes, Specific Buffs, CAPES AT LEVEL 1!, they all help to really give your guy something you can identify with.

Speaking of Character Concepts, I've got an awesome concept, complete with Bio and everything.

Except I don't know what powers to pick.
    So I need some help. Mainly, how are controllers these days? I'm thinking of rolling an Earth/Radiation in Praetoria, but I'm always hesitant to start a new one, because I know how annoying it can be to slot powers for them. Each power always feels like it needs one of everything, and it always seems overwhelming.

But I have a backup idea. Some combination of Ice/Stone Tanker seems like it would be fun, but I don't know if Stone is far better as armor than melee, or if it's Ice that's better as melee, or whatever.

I'm thinking of going with a Tanker, because a controller is practically impossible to solo the last time I tried, but maybe it's just me.

Any tips?

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Do you have a Super Strength Brute? Roll one again if you do. Piss on tankers and controllers.

The magic transform thingy is really sweet. The one with the lightning. Reminds me of Captain Marvel.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MM is hell on wheels for solo. Nothing else I've played even comes close to clearing out a mission as easily or as quickly at level 12.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It gets even crazier once you have all 6 pets.

MMs are silliness!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Getting 32 on a bots MM is going from "well this is pretty easy, if maybe a little slow?" to "I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS AND ENDER OF LIVES"

Seriously so much goddamned aoe and burning

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    JohnHam wrote: »

level 10 for SoA's

WORD

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2010
    jeez, I just found the first shot of my main dude I ever took

Isanovaavatar.jpg

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    My first character was named "Spankintor", because I misspelled "Spankinator"

OH, ME

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    zombie mm named cleric apton

Knob on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Power gaming is a lot of fun, but I can definitely sympathize with the people who just don't want to mess with all that bullshit.

powergaming kept me into this game for a lot longer than i would have been otherwise

lot of farming, lot of fucking around with SS/WP builds

loooooooooot of pestering everyone else with my builds to see if they were as autistically perfect as possible

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ... a lot of farming.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    what the fuck, those demon pets rule

i already have too many games to play and no time to play them in

god dammit god dammit god dammit

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    you can also have twin pistols and do some serious john woo shit

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In honor of the thread title and the subject of bad pun names, may I present to you Praetoria's newest Tanker:
    screenshot_100831-22-22-00_1.jpg

Shame I couldn't get any actual Radiation powers in there like I wanted. But what can ya do?

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Going by this thread, people are going to think all we do is make bad characters

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well

um

ha

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    fuck all y'all hunk rump is awesome

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    moocow wrote: »
    Going by this thread, people are going to think all we do is make bad characters

Please, it's SE. People think we're nothing but bad characters already.
    A glowing piece of the radical rock won't change their minds any.

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh man the character description was right outside of my h-scroll the last time I read this thread. That is a great thing, Wex.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    edited September 2010
    bitches can't be thinking all we make is bad characters since I posted my characters in this thread, jeez

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And my characters should give a positive character karma for some time to come

I've got tomorrow off so we should, I dunno, TF something tonight. Or tomorrow. Or both!

Scooter on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well I've downloaded the demo and I'm going to give it a week's work before school starts on Friday to see if this is going to be the game I use to break my free time against.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Here is my new flame/pain corrupter. Gunna try out healing with her.

tranquil.jpg

I like the tattoos and the color combination but I'm not sold on the armbands. They look sort of dumb with bare feet and bald head.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cilla you need to use the bare feet pattern cause those feet look like putty

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I thought I was

Cilla Black on