As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]tack Dog

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Getting mad at pony for being pony is like yelling at a river for going downstream.

It's like, man, what's the point?

I don't watch PATV either

jesus christ I am just batshit!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    oh dang, I found a pretty simple crepes recipe

I might do some

do it

you won't do it

i double dog dare you to do it

Arch on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Getting mad at pony for being pony is like yelling at a river for going downstream.

i'm gonna whatever this post

whatever, man

you're the one getting insulting because i am uninterested in a thing you like

what is the deal with that

Pony on
    edited August 2010
    i am pretty sick of this avatar but i don't know what i want to change it to

Arch on
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Inq is just being a hotshot because he did pretty well in Monday Night Combat last night

Is that fun on live? I wasn't exactly enthralled by the trial and gave up trying to get into live after trying for 0.2 seconds

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited August 2010
    i might go old-school arch and start using one of the bioshock icons again

Arch on
    edited August 2010
    apparently i'm not allowed to be uninterested in anything without someone insulting me for it

that's pretty lame, guys

Pony on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »

Bobblun.

Sheep on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

That's not really the point.

Guys mudskippers are adorable.

Winky on
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    apparently i'm not allowed to be uninterested in anything without someone insulting me for it

that's pretty lame, guys

you have to like everything; otherwise yous hatin'

Arch on
    edited August 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Bobblun.

no

Arch on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

I am going to be honest

My half-indian roomate made curry all the time and then I was like

you know what? My turn

She said it was better than her mother's

I out-curried an indian woman without using meat products

I'm picturing you now, arms akimbo, chef's hat slightly askew, dramatic backlighting.

Kitchen victory!

Galahad on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I'm not insulting you at all Pony. You need to take things less personally. All I did was inform you is that the series ain't about chiptunes and you said you weren't interested in it but have never watched it, and I said that I think it's silly to write something off without watching it at all, more or less.

So drop the persecution complex, will you please?

Abd: You are bad at trolling. I'm not even sure why you bother.

Inquisitor on
    edited August 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

That's not really the point.

Guys mudskippers are adorable.

Mud-Skipper-Rider-Training-School--47443.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited August 2010
    yessssss

@ galahad

i think actually her mother is just not a good cook, but I took it anyway

according to my friends my roomate makes a wicked curry, but always insists on putting chicken in there so i never try it

Arch on
    edited August 2010
    I think you guys need to acknowledge how adorable mudskippers are.

Winky on
    edited August 2010

that's pretty lame, guys

apparently saying "hey guys this thing isn't really something that interests me" is "being Pony"

which i guess, on some philosophical level, it is!

insofar as anything i say about me is "being me", but that's some really esoteric, Podly-esque bullshit man

Pony on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

100doj.jpg

: D

Frosteey on
    edited August 2010
    Man, I'm not insulting you at all Pony. You need to take things less personally. All I did was inform you is that the series ain't about chiptunes and you said you weren't interested in it but have never watched it, and I said that I think it's silly to write something off without watching it at all, more or less.

Your position earlier wasn't really clear so I was just confused

it did look like you were angry just because he said he wasn't interested

but nevermind!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited August 2010
    is that from that new game or whatever frosteey?

Arch on
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The podcast was WAY better than PATV is. Its worth it just for the conversations that organically arise between the two that could go on for much longer than any of the edited segments of PATV are.

Dr Mario Kart on
    edited August 2010

actually i have watched it in the past which is how i know i am not interested in it

so!

there's no "persecution complex" at work here man. just you making a bunch of assumptions and being kind of a goose towards me because you like a thing i don't

Pony on
    edited August 2010

It is from an old game. He's smoking!

Frosteey on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

muddy+mudskipper.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited August 2010
    Nah, Pony coming in and posting a controversial opinion and trying to rile up the other side and then being all "guys stop persecuting meeee" is pretty much is modus operandi.

Which is what I mean when I say pony is being pony.

Inquisitor on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

that's pretty lame, guys

apparently saying "hey guys this thing isn't really something that interests me" is "being Pony"

which i guess, on some philosophical level, it is!

insofar as anything i say about me is "being me", but that's some really esoteric, Podly-esque bullshit man

I think the intended meaning is that expressing dislike of something is more essential to your character than it is for other people.

Hachface on
    edited August 2010
    The podcast was WAY better than PATV is. Its worth it just for the conversations that organically arise between the two that could go on for much longer than any of the edited segments of PATV are.

Yeah, I liked the podcasts a lot, but the 4th panel episodes are still enjoyable.

Winky on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm really sick of google's new image search, with its anti-stealing code (can't drag images from the js popup) and weird ass use or frames or something that causes me to not be able to scroll the pages I land on after searching.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Jeeps, do you think they would have clove oil at target?

Cinders on
    edited August 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

i dont know what game it is then

that is not my style i dont think

Arch on
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Frosteey, I gotta ask. What's up with the space in your emoticons? Do you find the images that the board puts in that ugly or somethin'?

This is for curiosity's sake, not because I care which way you do it. I just always notice for some reason. "Why didn't the board turn that into an im... ooooooh, spaces!"

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited August 2010
    actually i have watched it in the past which is how i know i am not interested in it

so!

there's no "persecution complex" at work here man. just you making a bunch of assumptions and being kind of a goose towards me because you like a thing i don't

Well you were posting like you'd never watched it, what with thinking the whole series was about chiptunes and all. So, whoops silly assumption on my part, but of course, you are making a bunch of assumptions too so, eh.

Inquisitor on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"
    Yeah, forget separate bathrooms, if I'm ever rich I'm making separate kitchens for my wife and I. It's not so much we cook different things, just our kitchen habits are diametrically opposed. She's pretty haphazard, leaving everything scattered all over the place, I'm more a get all the ingredients out and put each one away as you use it, and use as few pans/pots as possible person.

See, I get enough "following directions" in the day from the lab.

So I usually take recipes more as suggestion than anything else. I am very much from the chaos school of cooking. The fiancee is very much a follow the directions type. So if we are cooking together I'll be, "add some ingredient X" "How much" "A bit" "No, how much." "Just enough, not too much." "WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT!" "Somewhere between a pinch and a palmfull, I dunno, a bit!"

Galahad on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm really sick of google's new image search, with its anti-stealing code (can't drag images from the js popup) and weird ass use or frames or something that causes me to not be able to scroll the pages I land on after searching.
    Right click, view image. Copy/paste.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited August 2010

i once used mudskippers to shoot a hole in a bad creationist argument

dude was like "WHATEVER IF EVOLUTION WAS REAL WE'D SEE FISH THAT WERE STARTING TO WALK ON LAND" and i linked to the wiki article on the mudskipper

he accused me of making up that wiki article and that i should link to a "real" source

it was pretty great

Pony on
    edited August 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

i dont know what game it is then

that is not my style i dont think

I think it suits you : (

Frosteey on
    edited August 2010

Yeah, forget separate bathrooms, if I'm ever rich I'm making separate kitchens for my wife and I. It's not so much we cook different things, just our kitchen habits are diametrically opposed. She's pretty haphazard, leaving everything scattered all over the place, I'm more a get all the ingredients out and put each one away as you use it, and use as few pans/pots as possible person.

So I usually take recipes more as suggestion than anything else. I am very much from the chaos school of cooking. The fiancee is very much a follow the directions type. So if we are cooking together I'll be, "add some ingredient X" "How much" "A bit" "No, how much." "Just enough, not too much." "WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT!" "Somewhere between a pinch and a palmfull, I dunno, a bit!"
    Some recipes that is fine for. Others it just ruins everything. Like using 2% milk instead of whole/cream in a quiche. She ended up with an inedible, soupy mess.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hola [chat].

BobCesca on
    edited August 2010

it is so satisfying to go from "if you don't use exactly 1 ug of this stuff your experiment is shot to hell" to "fuck it dude just put some dang cayenne in there who fuckin cares"

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.