As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Now an old thread.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was just watching the episode of SNL when J. Geils appeared and thought 'Duh! Should be in the game!' So that's pretty cool.

Definitely the addition of keyboards means a larger selection of '80s tunes that might otherwise be largely a bad idea for RB1/RB2.

And here's the list of RBN songs for PS3. No real surpris-
    And here are the PS3 tracks coming on Aug. 24th:
    · Lemon Demon - "The Ultimate Showdown (RBN Mix)"

· Scale the Summit - "The Great Plains"

· Rodrigo y Gabriela - "Buster Voodoo"

· Cate Sparks - "Whatever Happened to You"

· Dappled Cities - "The Price"

Cate Sparks? Dapples Cities? Um, okay?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And here's the list of RBN songs for PS3. No real surpris-
    And here are the PS3 tracks coming on Aug. 24th:
    · Lemon Demon - "The Ultimate Showdown (RBN Mix)"

· Scale the Summit - "The Great Plains"

· Rodrigo y Gabriela - "Buster Voodoo"

· Cate Sparks - "Whatever Happened to You"

· Dappled Cities - "The Price"

Cate Sparks? Dapples Cities? Um, okay?

I'm assuming one or both of those will be T-Mobil artist of the arbitrary time-span.

metaghost on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JyrenB wrote: »
    So Harmonix responded to the setlist leaks.

http://vimeo.com/14293335

It took me a minute to figure it out, but awesome :winky:

a5ehren on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's as good an explanation as any. Maybe some labels are easier to deal with when licensing for the PS3. They're decent enough songs, but not really impressive performers. Whatever Happened to You ([vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOAcVosrsNc]Ten month old autoplay[/vidurl]) has a little over 200 registered scores and The Price ([vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2j1IQXL43g]Guitar[/vidurl], [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBJab4kKpE]Drums[/vidurl]) has barely over 100.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    From what I remember, the issue is that Sony is limiting them to 5 songs per update. If Harmonix could, they'd release every single song on RBN on PS3.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, but there are far better performing songs that haven't made the jump. And there are still songs that came out before The Price that haven't as well. It's more than just the PS3 limit. Obviously it's more than just sales numbers, but those last two are just really random.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I'm on all kinds of an old/80's video kick today... this would have been an awesome early-Tier song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOI6W9fC0iE

Fawst on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The only thing that video didn't confirm was Pro Mode Tiering :P

But it's all good. As always, DLC will (eventually!) fill any gaps the on disc setlist is missing.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Don't suppose anyone knows a good place in the UK to grab the band in a box, or just cheapish instruments?

Not bothered if they are wireless are not, price is more important.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Anywhere that sells B:RB, really.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wins internet is right, that was perfect. Oct 26th is too far away.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Having trouble finding them really, everywhere with a decent price seems to be out of stock.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Having trouble finding them really, everywhere with a decent price seems to be out of stock.

Well... there's always Amazon.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Arikado wrote: »

band in a box, or just cheapish instruments

Already have the games, but need new instruments.

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Arikado wrote: »

band in a box, or just cheapish instruments

Already have the games, but need new instruments.

Well, without saying what 'decent price' is supposed to mean. Nobody can help you if you're just going to say no to everything.

Frankly 100 anything is going to be the rough price you're going to pay for B:RB with gear. Since RB2 didn't really release well in EU (and those specific instruments are getting harder to find), B:RB is your best bet.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Erm, I only said no because as I said I already have the games, just need the instruments.

I'd say a decent price for the band in a box for example would be around £40-50. I never really had problems with my first gen instruments so the original one would be fine. Tried the usuals; Game, Gamestation, ShopTo, Gameplay, Play and they seem to be completely drained of stock.

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so yeah, I too, am p-psyched for rb3

deveric on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Band in a box comes with a game whether you want it or not. You want cheap? Hunt down a RB1 bundle or a 'Special Edition' B:RB bundle.

You want RB2-based instruments? Hunt down a 'Limited Edition' B:RB bundle or wait for whatever Mad Catz decides to do.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Band in a box comes with a game whether you want it or not. You want cheap? Hunt down a RB1 bundle or a 'Special Edition' B:RB bundle.

You want RB2-based instruments? Hunt down a 'Limited Edition' B:RB bundle or wait for whatever Mad Catz decides to do.

Nah EA never released RB with the game over here until B:RB and as far as I'm aware they never brought over the RB2 instruments, we only had gen 1 till B:RB too.

So are the B:RB instruments the US RB2 innards with a new shell?

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://www.rockbandstore.com/Xbox-360-The-Beatles-Rock-Band/A/B001TOMQUS.htm

120$ for Beatles pack. If you already have Beatles you could easily sell it for 30-40$ on eBay and it'd essentially be 60$ for the instruments.

edit: didn't see you weren't in US.. yes, B:RB stuff has all the features of RB2 instruments, just with different color schemes for the drums and of course the beatles form factors for the guitars

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Nah EA never released RB with the game over here until B:RB and as far as I'm aware they never brought over the RB2 instruments, we only had gen 1 till B:RB too.

So are the B:RB instruments the US RB2 innards with a new shell?

Yes. They're considered slight improvements, even. So RB2.1 would be a kind of truth.

That's why I recommended that bundle in the first place. Just be aware that there are two B:RB band bundles. The Special Edition is the one with the old RB1 gear. It will usually be listed as significantly cheaper than the Limited Edition bundle with the Beatles themed stuff.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    craigslist works...dunno how useful it is in the uk

deveric on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Brace yourselves for an internet shitstorm! (Maybe?)

Somebody noticed that one of the songs on RB3 is No-Part. Meaning RB3 is going to be the first Rock Band that has an on-disc No-Part.

Hint: It's No Part Guitar.
    Imagine

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Meh. HMX already said somewhere that RB3 wasn't going to be as restrictive for NO PART songs. Basically, the guitar and keyboard are essentially interchangeable depending on the setup.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait wait wait wait.

Imagine's in? It wasn't on the leaked list.

So what are the songs that are in that video that weren't in the leaked list?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Imagine was in that leaked video from a few days ago.
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    The newly revealed songs:
    Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
    Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax
    Centerfold - The J. Geils Band
    China Grove - The Doobie Brothers

Basically, this conforms with the sleuthing folks had done. The idea being three in the C's and one in #-B.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Centerfold too! That's bleepin' fantastic.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Some folks decided to go ahead and make the difficulty tiering from the videos shown, although it's incomplete, it looks like that Phish song is the killer for everyone.

I'm going to put these confirmed 83 songs into the OP.
    Amy Winehouse – Rehab
    Anthrax – Caught In A Mosh
    At the Drive-In – One Armed Scissor
    Avenged Sevenfold – Beast and the Harlot
    B-52′s – Rock Lobster
    The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations (Live)
    Big Country – In a Big Country
    Blondie – Heart of Glass
    Bob Marley & The Wailers – Get Up, Stand Up
    The Bronx – False Alarm
    Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
    The Cure – Just Like Heaven
    David Bowie – Space Oddity
    Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
    Def Leppard – Foolin’
    Devo – Whip It
    Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
    Dire Straits – Walk of Life
    Doobie Brothers – China Grove
    The Doors – Break On Through
    Dover – King George
    Echo and the Bunnymen – Killing Moon
    Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)
    Faith No More – Midlife Crisis
    Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot
    Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
    Foreigner – Cold as Ice
    Golden Earring – Radar Love
    HIM – Killing Loneliness
    Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
    Hypernova – Viva La Resistance
    Ida Maria – Oh My God
    INXS – Need You Tonight
    J. Geils Band – Centerfold
    James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
    Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
    Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
    Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
    John Lennon – Imagine
    Juanes – Me Enamora
    Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
    Maná – Oye Mi Amor
    Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
    Metric – Combat Baby
    The Muffs – Outer Space
    Night Ranger – Sister Christian
    Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
    Paramore – Misery Business
    Phish – Llama
    Phoenix – Lasso
    The Police – Don’t Stand So Close To Me
    Poni Hoax – Antibodies
    Pretty Girls Make Graves – Something Bigger, Something Brighter
    Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
    Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
    Queens Of The Stone Age – No One Knows
    Rammstein – Du Hast
    The Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
    Raveonettes – Last Dance
    Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
    Riverboat Gamblers – Don’t Bury Me… I’m Still Not Dead
    Roxette – The Look
    Slipknot – Before I Forget
    Smash Mouth – Walkin’ on the Sun
    The Smiths – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before
    The Sounds – Living in America
    Spacehog – In the Meantime
    Steve Miller Band – Fly Like An Eagle
    Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
    Swingin’ Utters – This Bastard’s Life
    T.Rex – 20th Century Boy
    Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World
    Tegan and Sara – The Con
    Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
    Tokio Hotel – Humanoid
    Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers – I Need To Know
    The Vines – Get Free
    War – Low Rider
    Warren Zevon – Werewolves Of London
    The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
    Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
    The Who – I Can See For Miles
    Yes – Roundabout

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and the pic:

imaginenoguitarchartsitseasyifyoutry.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was listening to the radio and found a fantastic song to dream for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ9r8LMU9bQ

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Who?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Radar Love is devil tiered? I don't recall GH80's Radar Love being that tough.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Keep in mind that in GH80s, it was a cover. So the charts aren't going to be the same.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    EnwolfEnwolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Soo super happy with the list. Best and the Harlot + No One Knows confirmed made my day. Getting Radar Love back though? Thats a pretty good cheery on top. Very very happy right now 8-) the rest of the set list looks great also.

Enwolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, it's either that or maybe some new gameplay mechanic? I recall an interview where they said thrills were gonna be different this time right?

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, it's either that or maybe some new gameplay mechanic? I recall an interview where they said thrills were gonna be different this time right?

I know they said that rapidstrumming wasn't necessarily going to be so exact (long coloured lane instead of individual notes), but I don't think they've show a specific example of it or if that affects older songs, too. All I'm really suggesting is using a GH chart of a cover isn't necessarily the best gauge of difficulty.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What happens when HMX is away from their desks and delay updating the RBN store? Delays and a dearth of in-game videos. So here are the recent list of songs for RBN officially available in-game since the last time. Colour coded for price convenience. (Example links included where available. * means it's not an 'in-game' chart.)

Due to lack of some in-game charts, may be NSFW.

One dollar
    Two dollars
    song title - band name

[vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNsuhE2m2Zo]Kokko - Eagle of Fire[/vidurl] - Amberian Dawn*
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgv_SHYJPAw]Hell's Sweet Hands[/vidurl] - Ashland Court (Month old full-band autoplay)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDd3MPmGQN4](Random Song)[/vidurl] - Bluefusion (Two month old full-band autoplay) (No vocals song)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUScKrYj_Uk]The Ending is Death[/vidurl] - Boney Mean*
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFRc5EF7LQU]Devoid of Thought[/vidurl] - Evile*
    You Ain't No Family - iwrestledabearonce ([vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMQeeusNHgE]Guitar chart only[/vidurl]) ([vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9_pr06vePY]Drums only 'Outro First Part FC Must Watch'[/vidurl])
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btny4HuwFaM]Damn Good Man[/vidurl] - Moses Tucker*
    Flesh Pull - Mystic Syntax (No video found)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydQRWEdra4]Mr. Spock[/vidurl] - Nerf Herder*
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peui06dJneM]Song About an Angel[/vidurl] - Sunny Day Real Estate ('One man band' video edit)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEgDLzglBc8]Floating Vibes[/vidurl] - Surfer Blood ('One man band' video edit)
    Uncivilized - Texas in July ([vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuw2LwN6AOw]Guitar chart only[/vidurl]) ([vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rswucSS-SKU]Full-band autoplay preview[/vidurl])
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeZK1Tk0T8E]Fence Jumper[/vidurl] - The Fire Violets (Month old full-band autoplay)
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6f0KtkUB2o]Your Petty Pretty Things[/vidurl] - The Get Up Kids*

Huh... More metal. I bet you didn't see that coming.

Bass junkies be prepared!!!! (Random Song) has 15 notes!

Not sure why there's a beep noise in the Evile video. Heard it in a previous Evile song, but this time, there are no other alternatives.

There is an month old chart vid of the Nerf Herder song available, but seems to be disputed by WMG for some reason so there's no audio. And then the video seems to be broken anyway, so there seems to be no point. The only thing I could find was a fan-made video.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The four missing tracks finally, awesome

I dig "China Grove" and "Centerfold" and they should be fun to play

"Beast and the Harlot" is a neat enough song but it raped me in GH2 so I'm not looking forward to it being kinder to me here

I don't think I've ever heard "Caught in a Mosh"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It was in GH80s.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It was a decent cover, too.

Shady3011 on