As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's the goo on my wound?

YogoYogo Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Yesterday I fell while jogging on my running stilts. I landed on asphalt and bruised myself on my right shoulder and the area right above my knees (knee guards are apparently useless unless you turn them the right way :P).

Nothing too bad except getting gauzed a bit. My shoulder got the worst though and has been oozing this goo over the wound in small doses since yesterday (resumed after a hot shower).

I assume that this is the body's "self-closing" goo which protects the area while new skin forms underneath it. Am I right in my assumption? I have looked at the wikipedia article concerning wound healing, but I am not quite sure what the goo is called.

Yogo on

• Options
    BasketballsBasketballs Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is it clear? If it's clear then its lymph. Lymph helps fight infections within your body by carrying bacteria to your lymph nodes to be destroyed. The only reason you see it is because your body is having a bit of troubling forming a scab. If it is a weird color I would use some disinfectant and bandage it up for a while.

Basketballs on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pictures?
    Obligation: see a doctor if at all concerned.

chromdom on
  • Options
    YogoYogo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No need for the doctor. It was just normal lymph that was trying to cover the wound (the center of the impact site was lacking this fluid). I "smeared" some it over the wound and it closed itself right up.

Now I just have to wait a week or two before it is gone. Thanks :P

Yogo on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I skinned myself pretty bad on some astro turf a few weeks back. When I cleaned it up with Peroxide I had some seepage that was mostly clear, with an orange tint (which I assumed was small amounts of blood).

Neosporin + regular cleaning twice a day and you can't even see where it was. I'm all fine btw

1ddqd on