Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tomb of Horrors IC (Inevitable Corpses)

189101214

Posts

  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mike takes a deep breath from his bag of holding, and starts evaluating the trap mechanism.

    streever on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Terios has a hard time deciding between holding his breath and ridiculing Mike. The end result is that he does neither particularly well.

    [URL="url=http://4e.orokos.com/roll/41583"]Endurance = 11[/URL]

    Farangu on
    farangu.png

    Hey! Want to learn how to play Street Fighter? You should read this.
    Chicago Megagame group
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ferdinand, with the benefit of being tall and farther away from the gas, gets a good breath in first.

    Endurance: 1d20+10: 22

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    As the gas spreads to fill the room it also thins out and so weakens its effects and no one suffers much more in the way of damage.
    All bar Mike take a whole single point of poison damage... Go dice! Mike escapes due to bag of holding gas mask.

    The air soon clears of the volatile gas and the trap shows no sign of expelling any more for now. In fact a quick investigation by Mike shows that they have a single gas chamber each for ammunition which will now have been expelled leaving the trap harmless.

    There is nothing of value in the front pews. As the wizard and runepriest move over to inspect the haul of coins, they look at each other as their magic senses starts tingling. A few mumbled phrases and a pass of the hands breaks the weak illusion revealing 90% of the coins to actually be worthless wooden tokens. Sifting through you find 400 GP of real coinage amongst the fakes.

    Jam Warrior on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pocketing his share of the gold (are we actually counting coinage? I'm not...) Derek turns to look again around the room.

    "Well lads, do we break open the jars by the altar? Or skip them and try our luck with the portal?"

    Steelhawk on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mike's head is bowed in embarrassment. "I'm sorry", he mutters, the words sticking in his throat.

    streever on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Do you think one of the tokens would fit in the slot over there?" Arjhan mutters, balancing one on a talon.

    daniant on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Maybe one of the wooden ones?'

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Lets find out!" Derek enthuses, whipping up another Mage Hand and (after taking appropriate cover) sends it down the slot.

    Steelhawk on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You hear the clunk of it landing on the metal coin you dropped in earlier, but no reaction is elicited.

    Jam Warrior on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Hmph." says a clearly dissapointed Derek Deepdelver as he pockets a handful of wooden tokens, just in case.

    Steelhawk on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As considers the glowing arch, Derek feels magic spells are entwined around it.

    Spells he may identify with a trained Arcana check.

    Jam Warrior on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Then Derel will do so!

    Arcana = 16

    Oh, what the shit? I rolled a 2.

    Steelhawk on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Ah, well, the spell weave of the, um, spell, weft, is, um, wibbly wobbly magiccy wagiccy, er, ahem, mumble mumble..."

    Jam Warrior on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arjhan puts a meaty clawed hand on his wizardly companion's shoulder.

    "What is the trouble, friend?" he booms.

    daniant on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "So sorry. I had something caught in my throat." Derek says, with teary eyes. After making some sounds approximating a cat ejecting a hairball, he tries his mojo again.

    Aracana = 24

    Steelhawk on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Haha! No. One try is all you get with knowledge checks. You know it or you don't.

    Jam Warrior on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It was worth a try!

    Steelhawk on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mike sits, dejected, and feeling a bit less useful.

    Without talking to anyone, he starts inspecting the area around the urns, using the caution he normally displays.

    check floor/ceiling for any irregularity like seams, then check the altar for slits/holes/etc, THEN, finally, if no indication of a trap is there at all, tap the urns and listen to make sure it sounds "normal" and properly hollow inside. Then, I'll ask the wizard to use a mage hand to lift the lid off the thing and peer inside.

    streever on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A thorough, considered, cautious, and above all, safe investigation of the urns, reveals them to be empty urns.

    Jam Warrior on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mike turns red with anger and frustration at the time he has wasted, before moving on, and searching the skeletal body, looking for notes or anything hidden among the rotted leather and rusted armor.

    So, we got an archway with magic that we can't detect, we got a slot in a wall with a circle above it that does nothing... anything else?

    I guess we have to go through the arch?

    streever on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Repeating Arjhan's search of the body reveals nothing new.

    Jam Warrior on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What if Arjhan just walks through the portal?

    daniant on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think thats going to have to be the way it is. Stick your snout in and find out!

    Steelhawk on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    daniant wrote: »
    What if Arjhan just walks through the portal?

    you're the most holy of us, so maybe you'll be safe? Depending on what it does...

    streever on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Back up! I'll test this gate!"

    Arjhan walks up to the portal and sticks his arm through to see what happens.

    daniant on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Wait!" Mike calls out, and he ties a rope from Arjhan to a pew.

    "Just in case," he says, acting like he isn't that concerned.

    streever on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arjhan tentatively extends an arm into the mist, after nothing happens he shrugs and steps in. All vision is filled with orange but he can feel a blank stone wall with his hands and quickly concludes that beyond the arch is nothing more than a dead end alcove.

    He turns to step back into the chapel and his mind goes blank...

    The party watch Arjhan edge gently forward into the mists. Within moments he is fully obscured and you start to wonder if you should follow. Before anyone can say anything the mists part with a cold blooded scream and Arjhan comes charging out with weapons held high and a glazed expression of fury!
    Charm effect. Save ends (-2 penalty). Each turn the affected creature must make a basic attack or charge against the nearest creature.

    Nearest creature reading down the first post is 1d4 → [4] = (4) = Derek!

    Make a charge attack for the surprise round. Then if you fail to save I'll do a map and we'll go into initiatives.

    Jam Warrior on
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Run away!" Mike yells, quickly moving out of the range of the rope and the dragonborn.

    Would it hold the crazed dragonborn for long? Of course not--but at least it might buy them a few precious minutes.

    streever on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Wait...Arjhan...what are you...NO!!!!"

    Steelhawk on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Maybe we should have tried to change the colors first. Eh this is more fun!"

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There were no colour jewels on this arch.

    Jam Warrior on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arjhan runs and hacks at Derek, foaming a little. He continues to foam.
    10 points of damage to Derek, did not save, whee!

    daniant on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Initiatives then!

    Jam Warrior on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    can anyone grant arjhan a save?

    Initiative: 1d20+8 19

    "Ah reckon he doesn't like thu wizards beard," Mike says to the group.

    streever on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Nonsense!" Derek replies, trying to stauch the wound in his arm. "My goatee is glorious!"

    Initiative = 30

    Steelhawk on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Farangu on
    farangu.png

    Hey! Want to learn how to play Street Fighter? You should read this.
    Chicago Megagame group
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Initiative: 1d20+9: 25

    Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Turn0-1.jpg

    Derek 30
    Ferdinand 25
    Mike 19
    Terios 18
    Arjhan 13

    Arjhan is tied to the pew in square B10 with I'm assuming the standard 50ft rope.

    Jam Warrior on
Sign In or Register to comment.