As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm looking for a TV Commercial from the 90's

RiusRius Globex CEONobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Back in the day, there was a game for the PC called "Quest for Fame" featuring the musicians and music of Aerosmith. I never played it, but I've always remembered the TV commercial for it, and nostalgia drives me to look for it now.

Youtube has plenty of videos of gameplay but none of it's advertisements. Anyone know of any websites that host old commercials? The one I'm looking for had a kid playing the game and in the apartment below him was another kid practicing Yoga, or something, and saying weird Zen phrases. Eventually the floor collapses, presumably because the upper kid is rocking so hard, and it knocks out the Zen kid.

Please, help me find this commercial!

Rius on

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You have likely already found the possible sources I'm gonna suggest but just in case.

I think you may have a chance at usatvads but it is not free. Supposedly the Library of Congress also has a load of commercials but from what I've read they are not on-line.

(I have been on my own search for a commercial but without luck though it must be said I have not tried the two sources I suggest being that I am not stateside. The one I look for is a O'Neil sports wear commercial from aprox. 1990 and it's best remembered by the music which is The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary)

If you can somehow remember in what context the commercial was aired then that may be a way to find it. Many libraries and so have archives of old TV programs and back then there was no easy way of avoiding taping commercials when taping programs. So find the program and it may hold the commercial.

BlindZenDriver on
    Bones heal, glory is forever.