As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Used [Chat]s Are Piracy

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    evander has such a strange set of views on economics

it never makes any sense to me and the conclusion is always that whatever gives him what he wants at the lowest price is the best thing for the world at large

Honestly my mind is full of the boggles

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Or blue moon, but drop an orange slice in it

See? No. What is this shit? BAD.

The mexican joint near me gives you a lemon slice with my XX, I kind of like it though don't drink it that way at home.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think I have a favourite beer these days. I just have a bunch that I like and being in London there are a crapton of beers I've never had before, so I experiment a lot

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    The tap vs. bottle vs. can argument is my favorite honestly.

"The beer picks up a taste from the aluminum can, bottles are superior, unless you can get it on tap!"

"Guess what the beer on tap comes in!"

"Gold plated cables give you much better sound quality!"

"What's the wires in the cable made out of?"

"Copper."

Gold does give you a better sound quality, but that only matters in studios where you are really trying to sum correctly and get a consistent stream. But, yeah, in home audio it's pretty ridiculous.

As for the kegs: surface area, brah. Also, you could just get cask ale like a real man.

Gold does NOT give you better sound quality. At all. Even a little. What it does give you is a cable with contacts that won't corrode with constant plugging and unplugging in a humid climate. And a corroded cable will sound worse.

But in brand new cables? You won't be able to tell the difference. Copper contacts would be even better than gold in a vacuum.

Well you'd know better than I would, but I've been told by others that know a lot more than I do that the metal is pretty important for summing and I believe one dude talked about keeping everything in phase, but I couldn't tell you why.

Is it because he was trying to sell you something made out of space metal? :P

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh god arch you like their organic wheat beer?

I'm just going to be over here yakking now.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Or blue moon, but drop an orange slice in it

See? No. What is this shit? BAD.

No, it is good and you are wrong

But blue moon is nowhere near the beer of choice; though i will settle for it in lieu of something better

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I bet you like chocolate stouts

don't you

don't you

Arch on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Alright, so even though I said that beer tastes like ass earlier, I have been thinking about trying it out again. What would you guys prefer I start off on to try and get an acquired taste for it? Keep in mind that I really hate the bitter taste of it, so ones that don't have it as bad would be good.

Also keep in mind I barely know what the different types of beer there are.

Beer is an aquired taste. Not everyone likes every type and even then it can take years to discover your particular pallete.

I prefer ambers over lighter colored beers and I'm not a fan of really dark beers. All comes down to a very subjective opinion.

Not exactly head of the Preacher Fanclub, but he's right on the money here. And some people may just not like beer and never do so.

I've even found my palette has changed a couple times over the years.

Quitting smoking last winter has affected it quite a bit as well (though that's probably an obvious reason).

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Because that's how you drink it. Draft Blue Moon without an orange is almost undrinkable for me. Like seriously I love Blue Moon, but if a restaurant is out of oranges, I would honestly rather have a Coors Light.

That you would ever go for a Coors Light means that we must simply agree to disagree on our beer tastes.

I hate Coors Light. So I guess you just proved my point for me. My point was: You don't know a FUCKING THING about Blue Moon and I am about ready to challenge you to a duel.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Not exactly head of the Preacher Fanclub, but he's right on the money here. And some people may just not like beer and never do so.

It comes from my father more so then me. He loves darks, but even admits he didn't drink beer until he was mid twenties and only really developed a taste for them into his 30's.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    it tasted like it was poured over an actual tire before being bottled.

beer can get skunked and that's bad.

beer can be keystone light and taste like watered down glue.

but its rare that a beer tastes so bad that I think about not drinking it.

That doesn't gel with the experience of anyone I know who's drank fight tire, so I'm just going to have to regard you as a crazy outlier.

I don't like Fat tire especially much

Now Mothership Wit? Or Lips of faith? (both by new belgium)

awww yiiissssss

I think Fat Tire has a really terrible aftertaste. Or 'finish' if you want to be all berr/wine-taster snobbhy about it, I guess?

But, yeah Mothership Wit? One of the few wheat beers I LOVE.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ...and I believe one dude talked about keeping everything in phase, but I couldn't tell you why.

Haven't heard that one before. I'd love to hear an explanation of that one if you end up hearing it.

Gim on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks guys, I'll keep those in mind. I've tried to like wine, but all the different ones I've tasted all taste the same to me. My wife and I seem to be the only ones that don't like beer or wine.

I know it is an acquired taste, and I have already tried some different beers (although it looks like they were all the same type, so trying different ones will be interesting).

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Nah, it was just a conversation with a dude who has a fairly sizeable studio who was telling me about how he had avoided spending money on cables for a long time but he was finally convinced he needed them after a good deal of research.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

Why would I waste perfectly good chocolate by putting it in beer? Assuming this is what a chocolate stout is.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    ...and I believe one dude talked about keeping everything in phase, but I couldn't tell you why.

Haven't heard that one before. I'd love to hear an explanation of that one if you end up hearing it.

I am trying to imagine what that means

I mean I know gold is a good conductor, but if you are conducting an electric signal there shouldn't be any way it could get out of "phase" in any way that I understand the word

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Chanus wrote: »
    VA.

My g/f used to live in Manassas, so I spent a lot of time up there in the district what with the courting and the wooing.

Right on. Thanks for the tips man.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    wait

inquis what beer do you like?

IPAs?

Arch on
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    without argument Milwaukee's Best is the worst beer on earth

the beast

Quoted for truth

it is followed closely by Natty light (yes there is a light version of natural ice)

The brewing process for beast i believe involves giving sewer water to rats and collecting their urine.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    I like pale ales, but the missus prefers dark stouts and porters.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Nah, it was just a conversation with a dude who has a fairly sizeable studio who was telling me about how he had avoided spending money on cables for a long time but he was finally convinced he needed them after a good deal of research.

Most research on stuff like this, especially if conducted online, is 100% bullshit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

Why would I waste perfectly good chocolate by putting it in beer? Assuming this is what a chocolate stout is.

Essentially.

I can't remember who made it, but at a beer fest thingy someone had a Double Chocolate Stout that also used Krispy Kreme's doughnut glaze.

Droooooooool

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

Try Youngs Double Chocolate Stout.

Asap.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    There were less than 40 seconds between matches that lasted 15 minutes.

How the fuck can that be "constant?"
    every time there was any possibility for me to hear your voice, i heard it

constantly

and the content was basically a consistent chorus of "hey X did you like the way i burned you hey Y did you like the way i sniped you hey Z what about that bomb"

i'm just saying it was tiresome to deal with all night, dude

maybe you think it's fine and that's the way you like to roll. in that case, don't change!
    Yeah, if we were meant to talk over live, there would be microphones for it. Oh, wait...

It pisses me off (and I think rightfully so) that you came into chat, called me "the opposite of fun," and accused me of trash-talking "constantly" based on actually hearing me for roughly three fucking percent of the night, and then made some shit up about me being a poor loser.

But hey, like I said earlier, I guess it's not my place to wash the sand out of your cunt. I'll try to be more careful with your delicate sensibilities next time.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

You best not be hating on chocolate stouts, Arch.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Boont's Amber is another favorite.

Mirror Pond is good times too.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    VA.

My g/f used to live in Manassas, so I spent a lot of time up there in the district what with the courting and the wooing.

Right on. Thanks for the tips man.

Surely!

Chanus on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We've discussed this before but I've never had a beer I liked yet.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

You best not be hating on chocolate stouts, Arch.

He was hating on Chocolate yesterday.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    wait

inquis what beer do you like?

IPAs?

They can be alright. I guess I go for Brown Ales? I kind of did a whirl wind tour of beer last summer in AZ so everything sorta runs together.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

iirc, when you have as many hookups and patching as this guy has going on, the two currents have a hard time lining up correctly and can end up phasing and canceling.

But that might have been me putting words in his mouth, because he was going pretty in depth, and I'm just starting to study the electrical engineering part of sound audio.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I am trying to imagine what that means

I mean I know gold is a good conductor, but if you are conducting an electric signal there shouldn't be any way it could get out of "phase" in any way that I understand the word

I guess they mean it can keep the phases separate in like a three-phase system so it can carry more electricity?

but i don't see how that helps with music

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I also like a lot of the stone brewery stuff (I think that's their name) guys who make the aptly named Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    without argument Milwaukee's Best is the worst beer on earth

the beast

Quoted for truth

it is followed closely by Natty light (yes there is a light version of natural ice)

The brewing process for beast i believe involves giving sewer water to rats and collecting their urine.

Genesee is pretty awful.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

Essentially.

I can't remember who made it, but at a beer fest thingy someone had a Double Chocolate Stout that also used Krispy Kreme's doughnut glaze.

Droooooooool

southern tier?

edit: probably not, Southern Tier does make a good chocolate stout though.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    There were less than 40 seconds between matches that lasted 15 minutes.

How the fuck can that be "constant?"
    every time there was any possibility for me to hear your voice, i heard it

constantly

and the content was basically a consistent chorus of "hey X did you like the way i burned you hey Y did you like the way i sniped you hey Z what about that bomb"

i'm just saying it was tiresome to deal with all night, dude

maybe you think it's fine and that's the way you like to roll. in that case, don't change!
    Yeah, if we were meant to talk over live, there would be microphones for it. Oh, wait...

It pisses me off (and I think rightfully so) that you came into chat, called me "the opposite of fun," and accused me of trash-talking "constantly" based on actually hearing me for roughly three fucking percent of the night, and then made some shit up about me being a poor loser.

But hey, like I said earlier, I guess it's not my place to wash the sand out of your cunt. I'll try to be more careful with your delicate sensibilities next time.

i really appreciate your consideration

obviously i misjudged you

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

don't you

don't you

Essentially.

Droooooooool

Now that sounds good to me, heh.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I...uh...is there MNC related drama going on or something?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    are will and Thanatos going to crash a sprawling japanese metropolis while vying for domination

Ludious on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I also like a lot of the stone brewery stuff (I think that's their name) guys who make the aptly named Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Stone's Sublimely Self Righteous Ale is, hands down, the best Ale I have ever had in my life.

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.