Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

BSG: Pegasus - Game 26 - Game Over

TenekTenek Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Critical Failures
Well, I think it's 26 anyways.
bsg-bg-logo.png
Base Set and Pegasus Expansion
After forty years passing without a single word from the Cylons, they returned, and all but eradicated the human race. In this time of strife, they must put aside the petty differences that once separated them and focus on one thing — survival.

Humanity's only hope of a future is to find a new home; a place called Earth. The Cylons, however, are in constant and tireless pursuit. They now look, breathe and bleed exactly like humans. Cylons have infiltrated the Fleet, destroyed resources, and threaten to finish the extermination they have begun. The humans have no choice but to run, plagued by the paranoia of an indistinguishable enemy.

Are you a Cylon who will help to erase any memory of the human race? Or will your resilience and determination to survive prove to the Cylons that humanity is worth saving?

In the basic version of the game, players take the roles of prominent figures in the remainder of humanity working toward the goal of reaching Kobol, the first step on the long road toward the legendary planet Earth. However, hidden among their ranks are Cylon infiltrators, who seek to end humanity for once and for all. The Pegasus expansion adds a new scenario following the second leg of humanity’s journey, to the settlement of New Caprica and the subsequent escape after the Cylons discover and occupy the planet. Pegasus joins the fleet to provide support and additional options, and the new role of Cylon Leader is introduced, whose goals may differ from their fellow Cylons. The following rules apply all new situations and rules introduced in the Pegasus Expansion. For rules that apply solely to the base set, look to one of the older games.

Rules and Utilities

Base Set Rules, from the publisher's website
Pegasus Expansion Rules, from the publisher's website
FAQ and Errata, from the publisher’s website
Player Aid 1 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek
Player Aid 2 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek

Notes and Guidelines for this play-by-post game:
Spoiler:

The Board
Spoiler:

General Game Flow and Victory Conditions
Spoiler:

Character Selection
Spoiler:

Human (and Unrevealed Cylon) Game Turn
Spoiler:

Revealing as a Cylon
Spoiler:

Revealed Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Cylon Leader and Sympathetic Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Admiral / President
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Executions
Spoiler:

Skill Checks
Spoiler:

Tenek on

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Skill Cards
    Spoiler:

Activating Cylon Ships
    Spoiler:

Combat Table
    Spoiler:

Jumping
    Spoiler:

New Caprica
    Spoiler:

Cast of Characters
    Spoiler:

This will be a 7-player Pegasus/New Caprica game. As a small thank-you to the hosts who came before, one slot will be reserved for someone who has previously hosted a game. Please indicate when !Signing up if you qualify just to make it easier to pick out. The remaining six players will be chosen randomly when signups are closed.

Signups are closed!

Additional, forgotten note: "Shuffle the deck" effects from things will be mitigated as appropriate to avoid screwing up scouted crises and such. Thirty-Three will be shuffled into the top 5 crises. The forced Scar crisis from the Mining Asteroid destination will not shuffle the deck. I think these are the only two - any other similar effects will be changed as appropriate.

Original OP taken from Akinos/Darian, modified by MrBlarney, including Pegasus Expansion rules and stolen by Osvik, and myself in turn.

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Oh, I've run a game before.

• DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can confirm it is game 26/Pegasus Game 8.

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Totally sign up! I have not hosted previously.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !Signup

PSN SeGaTai
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darn 2 hours 2 late to sign up!

He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
    edited August 2010
    Tenek wrote: »

This will be a 7-player Pegasus/New Caprica game. As a small thank-you to the hosts who came before, one slot will be reserved for someone who has previously hosted a game. Please indicate when !Signing up if you qualify just to make it easier to pick out. The remaining six players will be chosen randomly when signups are closed.

Signups are open until 11:59PM Saturday, 8/28.

edited August 2010
    I was just joking about how 6 people signed up in 2 hours.

He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

• OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Have hosted and currenty am hosting a game :)

• The LawThe Law Registered User
    edited August 2010
    !Sign Up

I have not hosted before and dont know exactly how :(

edited August 2010
    I can help with that!

edited August 2010
    In case anybody cares, I updated the game notes to clarify 33 and Mining Asteroid shuffles. I'm sure most of you will balk at that. >.>

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Nicolo MNicolo M Registered User
    edited August 2010
    I still look foward as a human to frak some toasters (or if I turn out to be cylon - to toast some frakking humans).

Thus, !Sign Up

Upon this, one has to remark that men ought either to be well treated or crushed, because they can avenge themselves of lighter injuries, of more serious ones they cannot.
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    Nicolo M wrote: »
    I still look foward as a human to frak some toasters (or if I turn out to be cylon - to toast some frakking humans).

Taken literally, neither sounds particularly pleasant.

edited August 2010
    One more day to sign up!

edited August 2010
    It would be awesome to start a game from the beginning. Normally, I'm always the reserve player.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tenek wrote: »
    In case anybody cares, I updated the game notes to clarify 33 and Mining Asteroid shuffles. I'm sure most of you will balk at that. >.>

When the worst thing about 33 is that it messes up all your scouting, it seems rather wrong somehow...

edited August 2010
    Well, this is a bit different. We have exactly enough people signed up for two of these games. I think running two at once might be a little much, so either during this game, or after it finishes, I will attempt to start a second game with everyone who signed up but didn't get in for this one.

Players, in turn order:

Void Slayer - President Laura Roslin
    Nicolo M - Admiral William Adama
    Dracil - Sharon "Boomer" Valerii
    Osvik - Cavil
    The Law - Tom Zarek
    GoodOmens - Galen Tyrol
    Capfalcon - Karl "Helo" Agathon

Please post your character choices, starting draws and locations as applicable. One player must choose a Cylon Leader, otherwise normal character selection rules apply.

edited August 2010
    Good luck everybody. Looks like I missed another game start up.

edited August 2010
    I am going to choose Laura Roslin

• Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good luck everybody. Looks like I missed another game start up.

edited August 2010
    While we're waiting to get started, I wanted to throw out a house rule idea I had. In most of my games, Morale has been a significant problem. The fleet seems to lose it quickly, and I've seen loss by Morale in about a third of the games I've played.

So, here's my idea: if a Cylon is executed, the fleet gains 1 Morale. Simple, thematic, and it makes execution a more interesting option (and less of a weapon for the Cylons themselves).

I'm not necessarily proposing it for this game (although if people like it, we can give it a shot).

Also, I will be away from Wednesday to Friday (Sep. 1-3). I'll be back Friday evening.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    EDITED TO INCLUDE CARD DRAWS:

I'll assume the personna of William Adama.

I choose 2 Leadership card & 1 Tactics card
    Spoiler:

Upon this, one has to remark that men ought either to be well treated or crushed, because they can avenge themselves of lighter injuries, of more serious ones they cannot.
    edited August 2010
    Everyone who isn't first needs to pick 3 cards from their normal draw to start with. (2 for the Cylon Leader).

• The LawThe Law Registered User
    edited August 2010
    In order I will take
    Tom Zarek (2 pol, 1 lea)
    Lee Adama (1 lea. 1 pol and 1 tac and be in a viper at the 5 o'clock position)

edited August 2010
    Alright, I will take Boomer and 1 of each of my skill colors

• OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Brother Cavil is here to watch over the fleet

Draw Tactics and Engineering

edited August 2010
    OK - that puts The Law in as Zarek. GoodOmens and Capfalcon left to pick.

edited August 2010
    Someone's gonna have to keep this bucket of bolts flying.

Chief Tyrol, reporting for duty.

1 Leadership, 1 Politics, 1 Engineering.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    Helo it is!

I'd like Tac/Lea x2.

edited August 2010
    game26turn1.png

Draws, Loyalty cards, Agenda, and Quorum card sent out. Game on!

Turn Progress:
    1. Receive Skills - 3 Pol, 2 Ldr
    2. Movement Step - Stay in President's Office
    3. Action Step - Play 1 Politics - Consolidate Power to draw 2 Tactics
    4. Crisis Step - Loss of a Friend
    5. Activate Cylon Ships Step - (activate heavy raiders)
    6. Prepare for Jump Step - (jump prep)

After finding out that the government of the Twelve Colonies has been annihilated, Laura Roslin finds herself President. The people are nervous, and will be watching for strong - or weak - leadership. How will you begin your term?

edited August 2010
    Staying in President's office and using:

1 Politics - Consolidate Power

to draw 2 Tactics.

edited August 2010
    Dracil wrote: »
    Nicolo M wrote: »

Taken literally, neither sounds particularly pleasant.

It definitely gives the "You are a sympathizer" card a whole new meaning...

edited August 2010
    Loss of a Friend

9 Politics, Leadership
    Pass No Effect
    7+ The current player disards 2 Skill Cards
    Fail -1 morale and the current player discards 2 Skill Cards.
    (activate heavy raiders)
    (jump prep)[/QUOTE]

Seems like the best choice, I can contribute a large amount if we want to try and pass this.