As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Quest: A Wild DQ XI has appeared...on 3DS and PS4...and NX?!?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    DQ 7 and 8 finally coming next year to 3DS

I saw the news for DQ8 first and was pissed that they were skipping 7 then.... I thankfully saw that 7 was coming too.

Nintendo made everyone happy today I think.

Yeah the same thing went through my head!

Every Dragon Quest fan better buy both of these and sell 3 friends on them too. This is like...our last chance. You know the decision makers sighed heavily and went "...fine" on this one.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm buying them!

And I really, really hope that the Metal Slime Vita comes to the US. I already have a Vita, but I would gladly trade it in and put the credit towards the Metal Slime version if I could.

• Options
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Question. Does 3DS DQ7 have any changes? Like...is the pacing better?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    It is, from what I've heard.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I'll buy 7 for sure, given all the changes and having not played it in nearly a decade and a half, but I'm not sure I have any interest in playing through 8 again (which is mostly unchanged, no?).

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I'll buy 7 for sure, given all the changes and having not played it in nearly a decade and a half, but I'm not sure I have any interest in playing through 8 again (which is mostly unchanged, no?).

Graphically it's a bit downgraded but it does have some additional content.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm buying them!

And I really, really hope that the Metal Slime Vita comes to the US. I already have a Vita, but I would gladly trade it in and put the credit towards the Metal Slime version if I could.

Sony releases a ton of special edition systems (including a Metal Slime PS4) in Japan that never make it anywhere else, so there's no chance.

Your only chance is to import one, which shouldn't be too bad as I'm pretty sure the Yen is fairly weak at the moment, which is why the PS4 is like $300 over there.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Metal Slime Vita got away.

• Options
    Has SquareEnix released any sort of sales figures for how DQH has done in North America? Hopefully it has sold well enough to encourage them to continue to release more DQ products over here.

• Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Metal Slime Vita got away.

Best post.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Google says DQ11 is 2016. Is that accurate? I mean I assume that's JPN but still... that's worth being excited over.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Has SquareEnix released any sort of sales figures for how DQH has done in North America? Hopefully it has sold well enough to encourage them to continue to release more DQ products over here.

It's making me buy a PS4. That's for sure.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The Collector's Edition had me sold for DQH. I recently platinum'd that game and it was worth every economically-struggling Canadian dollar.

I will happily shell out for DQ7 since it's the only entry (apart from X) that I haven't played, and may double-dip for DQ8, even though I still have my PS2 copy boxed away.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Surprised no one's posted about how DQ Heroes is coming to Steam.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Surprised no one's posted about how DQ Heroes is coming to Steam.

I can't say I'm excited for it, but it's elevated me from "No interest" to "I'll definitely grab it in a sale, why not."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gennenalyse RuebenGennenalyse Rueben The Prettiest Boy is Ridiculously Pretty Registered User regular
    Oh shoot, we're actually getting the DQVII remake? Like, for real?

I'd given up hope on that a year ago. So glad they're actually going to release it.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    A New Dragon Quest Game Expected To Be Announced On December 23
    Square Enix director Jin Fujisawa revealed via Twitter that the company will reveal a new Dragon Quest game on their upcoming NicoNico Live stream.

While we’ve yet to get any details on the game, Fujisawa mentioned that he’s pretty nervous since he hasn’t been a part of a live stream in a while, and that the announcement will be for a “completely new game.”

Jin Fujisawa has previously worked as the director for Dragon Quest X. As for the Christmas special live stream, it’ll take place on December 23 at 7:00pm JST. That’s 2:00am PT/5:00am ET/10:00am GMT.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Fingers crossed for pachinko

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for pachinkomobile gatcha

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Is DQX actually good? I know it's an MMO, so it will suffer from all the standard MMO time-wasting fluff quests, but how is the combat, storytelling, and game world?

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    People are doing comparison shots of the 3DS Dragon Quest VIII port. They're less than flattering.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I recall someone made a video comparing the trailer to the PS2 version, though the PS2 version was clearly emulated at a higher res. Still looks pretty nice to me, but I still have my console version anyway, I'll mainly be getting DQVIII 3DS for the added content and portability.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah; I'm definitely getting it either way. It's significantly easier for me to play a 100 hour RPG when I don't have to be at home in front of a console to do it. If there was a version of Xenoblade that ran on my 2DS at that level of graphical quality, I'd totally buy it, too.

• Options
    TBH, I want to get DQ7. DQ8 is alright but I don't want to go back to it anytime soon.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Just a reminder

There will be a DQ 30th anniversary stream at midnight tonight EST

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jpLd7nvXi8

Livestream's about to start, in case anyone's interested

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Oh hey here's some music are we gonna--oh, no, someone else is talking now.

*twiddles thumbs*

Wait--no, just someone else again.

They're getting them chairs. This isn't gonna get any less impenetrable anytime soon.

giphy.gif

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Is there anything in that video about XI?

• Options
    I just hope DQXI PS4 is as speedy as DQIX. I mean, it was no DQ1-7 fast but it wasn't as SLOOOOOOOW as DQ VIII.

• Options

Nope

It was pure disappointment in livestream form

• Options

Nope

It was pure disappointment in livestream form

Ugh.

Whelp that's sad.

Thanks though!

• Options
    Yikes. mid 2017 for Japan on DQ11.

So uhh.. I guess we'll be waiting a while for that one.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm still kind of upset we haven't heard anything more about DQBuilders, or even gotten Dragon Quest Theatrhythm. Mind you, there are significantly fewer tracks among the DQ franchise than FF, but I'd still like to play for nostalgia and fanboying.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Oh hey, we have a DQ thread, forgot about that.

Looking forward to DQ7R in a few months. DQMJ3 gettnig a box art in Japan is exciting too, but we're not getting it so whatever. =/

• Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    Oh hey, we have a DQ thread, forgot about that.

Looking forward to DQ7R in a few months. DQMJ3 gettnig a box art in Japan is exciting too, but we're not getting it so whatever. =/

We're not getting <insert Dragon Quest game here>.

*sigh*

At least we're getting 7 and 8 on 3DS and hopefully at some point Builders.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Picked up a 2DS on Boxing Day because of these announcements. I hope in the future we'll get a full DQ anthology out on PC or something like SquareEnix have been doing with the FinalFantasy releases.

• Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    I finally picked up a PS4, and snatched up Dragon Quest Heroes when I saw it in the store.

Playing it made me want to go back and play 8 again, so now I'm in the middle of that as well :biggrin:

XBL Gamertag: Ipori