As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LA County Prison gets Heat Ray for Prisoner control.

TaramoorTaramoor StorytellerRegistered User regular
edited August 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
I can't see any way in which this could possibly be abused, go wrong, or backfire.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_jail_ray_gun
LA authorities plan to use heat-beam ray in jail

By THOMAS WATKINS, Associated Press Writer Thomas Watkins, Associated Press Writer – Fri Aug 27, 12:50 am ET

LOS ANGELES – A device designed to control unruly inmates by blasting them with a beam of intense energy that causes a burning sensation is drawing heat from civil rights groups who fear it could cause serious injury and is "tantamount to torture."

The mechanism, known as an "Assault Intervention Device," is a stripped-down version of a military gadget that sends highly focused beams of energy at people and makes them feel as though they are burning. The Los Angeles County sheriff's department plans to install the device by Labor Day, making it the first time in the world the technology has been deployed in such a capacity.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California criticized Sheriff Lee Baca's decision in a letter sent Thursday, saying that the technology amounts to a ray gun at a county jail. The 4-feet-tall weapon, which looks like a cross between a robot and a satellite radar, will be mounted on the ceiling and can swivel.

It is remotely controlled by an operator in a separate room who lines up targets with a joystick.

The ACLU said the weapon was "tantamount to torture," noting that early military versions resulted in five airmen suffering lasting burns. It requested a meeting with Baca, who declined the invitation.

The sheriff unveiled the device last week and said it would be installed in the dorm of a jail in north Los Angeles County. It is far less powerful than the military version and has various safeguards in place, including a three-second limit to each beam of heat.

The natural response when blasted — to leap out the way — would be helpful in bringing difficult inmates under control and quelling riots, the sheriff said.

But the sheriff was creating a dangerous environment with "a weapon that can cause serious injury that is being put into a place where there is a long history of abuse of prisoners," ACLU attorney Peter Eliasberg said. "That is a toxic combination."

Cmdr. Bob Osborne, who oversees technology for the sheriff's department, said the concerns were unfounded. He said he stood in front of the beam more than 50 times and that it never caused any sort of lasting damage.

"The neat thing with this device is you experience pain but you are not injured by it," Osborne said. "It doesn't injure your skin, the beam doesn't have the power to do that."

He said the device would be a more humane way of dealing with jail disturbances. Unlike hitting inmates with batons or deploying tear gas, a shot from the beam has no aftereffects, he said.

The device was made specifically for the sheriff's department by Raytheon Missile Systems. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said its $750,000 cost was paid for by a Department of Justice technology grant.

After a six-month trial, the sheriff will determine if the device is effective and if it should be deployed in other jails.

"When this pilot program is done, the realistic hope is it will accomplish not only what the sheriff's department wants but what the ACLU wants, which is to save lives harmlessly," Whitmore said.

A Raytheon spokesman on Thursday referred questions to the sheriff's department, but provided a fact sheet describing how the device only penetrates skin to a depth 1/64 of an inch. The military's version of the device can shoot a beam more than 800 feet but the sheriff's department model has a maximum range of 85 feet.

Angelica Arias, an attorney with the county's Office of Independent Review, which monitors the sheriff's department, said only deputies with special training would be able to use the device and a video would be automatically recorded each time it is operated.

"Based on the level of scrutiny the department has put on itself and its training, it doesn't appear there would be too much wiggle room for misuse," Arias said.

So, yeah, let's take a device that causes intense pain but leaves no physical evidence and put it in the hands of prison guard who can't even see the people they're shooting with it.

Better idea, let's give one to Sheriff Joe and see what he can do with it.

Taramoor on

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, on one hand I share your fears (and the fears of the ACLU).

On the other hand, I guess police officers need some kind of disciplinary tool or device, right? I guess? A device that is unable to cause permanent physical injury (short of causing the person to leap into a spike or something) is simultaneously frightening and oddly comforting. No physical evidence of its use (aside from a recording) is a bit unnerving, but the physical evidence in this case is bodily harm, isn't it?

According to the article, a video will be recorded every time it is used. Also, the beam can only be used for a maximum of three seconds per shot. I am skeptical but not ready to write it off as a bad idea just yet.

I mean I'm finding it hard to think of disciplinary technology that is misuse-proof.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    Well, on one hand I share your fears (and the fears of the ACLU).

On the other hand, I guess police officers need some kind of disciplinary tool or device, right? I guess? A device that is unable to cause permanent physical injury (short of causing the person to leap into a spike or something) is simultaneously frightening and oddly comforting. No physical evidence of its use (aside from a recording) is a bit unnerving, but the physical evidence in this case is bodily harm, isn't it?

According to the article, a video will be recorded every time it is used. Also, the beam can only be used for a maximum of three seconds per shot. I am skeptical but not ready to write it off as a bad idea just yet.

I mean I'm finding it hard to think of disciplinary technology that is misuse-proof.

My main concern is that the device was originally conceived and designed as a tool for peaceably dispersing large crowds of people. If they're putting it in a prison dorm it is being set up as a punishment tool to be fired at people who can't get away.

And time limits (like the ones on tasers) and video cameras (like the ones on dashboards) have been known to malfunction to an almost unprecedented degree when in the hands of police officers. It's the damnedest thing.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Saint MadnessSaint Madness Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I can't see any way in which this could possibly be abused, go wrong, or backfire.

Saint Madness on
  • Options
    nescientistnescientist Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In the same sense that I would rather see criminals tased than shot, I would rather see prisoners flash-cooked than beaten or gassed. I'm pretty sure CS is worse than this, and absolutely sure that I, personally, would prefer a quick microwaving to the classic Rodney King treatment.

But I think they're going to run into the same problem that we are increasingly seeing with abuse of tasers, which is that the dude in the other room with the joystick in hand is going to gradually become complacent with the alleged safety of his weapon. Three seconds will turn to six seconds will turn to "whatever the operator deems necessary," and it's all fun and games until someone's eyeball pops, the vitreous humor all dripping down from the hideously sagging crumpled thing in the empty eye socket. That's actually my best hope for this, is that it will end with a really gross failure that turns into a ridiculous media circus, and nip in the bud the likely plans to put this device into service as a hippie-extinguisher.

nescientist on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How is it that this thing can cause enough pain to be a serious deterrent but not be a risk for serious, lingering injury?

Someone being hit in the eye was my first thought, too.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Drain-ODrain-O Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, yeah, let's take a device that causes intense pain but leaves no physical evidence and put it in the hands of prison guard who can't even see the people they're shooting with it.

Better idea, let's give one to Sheriff Joe and see what he can do with it.
    I cannot possibly imagine a prison guard - a job that requires a high level of intelligence and a strong sense of morality - using this in a way they are not supposed to. I'm sure no problems will ever arise.

Drain-O on
    I have access to history books, so watch out.
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How is it that this thing can cause enough pain to be a serious deterrent but not be a risk for serious, lingering injury?

The human body is an interesting thing, and I have zero problem believing it's possible to cause pain without the potential for actual injury.

Of course, I too am not willing to take it on faith that this thing fits the bill.

My main concern is that the device was originally conceived and designed as a tool for peaceably dispersing large crowds of people. If they're putting it in a prison dorm it is being set up as a punishment tool to be fired at people who can't get away.

Anything that can be used to disperse a crowd can be used to pacify it as well. Obviously we're getting into the classic debate over whether "pain compliance" is a valid technique, but I really don't see how you can pacify an unruly mob of prisoners any other way. You've got either straight physical force (beating), tasers, gas, guns (beanbag or otherwise), magic heat ray, or asking pretty please nicely.

One of these will be ineffective. Guess which. All of the rest cause pain.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    mcdermott wrote: »

The human body is an interesting thing, and I have zero problem believing it's possible to cause pain without the potential for actual injury.

Of course, I too am not willing to take it on faith that this thing fits the bill.

I'd be willing to bet that continued exposure moves what feels like burning to actual burning.

Much like tazers are way safer than other methods until the various jackasses get a hold of them and just keep shocking someone.

Quid on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What I want to know is when does Rick Sanchez try it out?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll just check back to see if anybody comes up with an idea of how you can pacify a group of unruly prisoners that doesn't have the potential for injury and/or cause pain.

Cookies?

EDIT: There are, of course, the obvious improvements to our prison system to make any such disturbances less common. But disturbances would still happen, and you still need a way to get them under control, so the entire principle behind this device still stands.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    agentk13agentk13 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    So the newest strategy for preventing and stopping riots is to convince a large group of prisoners confined in a small area that they're on fire? How could this possibly go wrong?

agentk13 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll just check back to see if anybody comes up with an idea of how you can pacify a group of unruly prisoners that doesn't have the potential for injury and/or cause pain.

Eliminate crime.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2010
    agoaj wrote: »
    What I want to know is when does Rick Sanchez try it out?

I'll get right on the internet petition.

As far as a device for prison control, it seems like being a giant robot ray gun hardwired to the ceiling may help rein in abuse a little? Maybe? I'd be more worried if it was a hand-gun that could be taken into a back room somewhere and used in secret. It's at least possible that its existence could be a net positive.

Then again, it's possible that the existence of tasers could be a net positive, and yet I'm relatively unconvinced of that.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Cookies?

How do they deal with it right now?

I don't think the argument is that we shouldn't hurt prisoners during a hypothetical riot, but that invisible burn rays from the sky cross the line of what is acceptable, in the same way that waterboarding isn't acceptable in interrogation, but other forms of physicality are.

Although I am sure the need for fire turrets wouldn't be so urgent if we could stop putting so many people into jail.

Lux on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I guess being known for cutting celebrity jail times 90% or more just wasn't enough, he has to be the first to install a heat ray with massive potential for misuse?

God, I fucking hate Lee Baca.

Green on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    As far as a device for prison control, it seems like being a giant robot ray gun hardwired to the ceiling may help rein in abuse a little? Maybe?

There doesn't seem to be any way this isn't going to be abused, but it could certainly be worse. And, well, I can see the argument for such an installation. I'm not comfortable with it, but still.

Linden on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Article wrote:
    A device designed to control unruly inmates by blasting them with a beam of intense energy that causes a burning sensation is drawing heat from civil rights groups who fear it could cause serious injury and is "tantamount to torture."
    I really want to know if that was intentional.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Article wrote:
    A device designed to control unruly inmates by blasting them with a beam of intense energy that causes a burning sensation is drawing heat from civil rights groups who fear it could cause serious injury and is "tantamount to torture."
    I really want to know if that was intentional.

Good for the environment.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lux wrote: »

Cookies?

See my other post. Pepper spray, CS gas, rubber bullets, beanbag guns...maybe Tasers? And good ol' fashioned ass-whuppin, too. All of which cause pain (often nearly unbearable pain) and most of which carry greater potential for injury. Oh, and most of which continue to hurt after you stop applying them...an important point.
    ]I don't think the argument is that we shouldn't hurt prisoners during a hypothetical riot, but that invisible burn rays from the sky cross the line of what is acceptable, in the same way that waterboarding isn't acceptable in interrogation, but other forms of physicality are.

So using CS gas, pepper spray, physical beating, or Tasers are valid during an interrogation? I'm pretty sure every last one of them can be considered torture, just like waterboarding.

Again, any other method of breaking up unruly and (potentially or currently) violent inmates is going to have a significant risk of injury, cause intense pain, or both. This probably has the least risk of injury and causes the least lasting pain of any of them.

The only real question is how it's used (or rather when). If we're talking about breaking up brawls, riots, or other general disturbances in which physical force is already warranted? Great. Good idea, go forth. If we're talking about using it because an inmate got "lippy?" No good, just like when Tasers get overused out in "the world."

Of course, this method is unique compared to all of the aforementioned methods in that it leaves no injuries (thus would be harder to notice)...it's not like pepper spray, gas, and good ol' fashioined assbeating isn't already abused by officers in our prisons. So you rig it so that it records any uses, inspect it regularly, blah blah blah. You can mitigate the risk of abuse to the extent that it's not much more likely to be abused than any other form of force used in a prison environment.
    Although I am sure the need for fire turrets wouldn't be so urgent if we could stop putting so many people into jail.

Well yeah. But even in relatively well-maintained and normally-populated jails you're going to get disturbances, and they're going to need to get broken up. So again, what do we use? Cookies? Or beating their ass? What's better that this?

EDIT: I mean, the motherfuckers are already on time-out. Maybe spanking?

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't think the argument is that we shouldn't hurt prisoners during a hypothetical riot, but that invisible burn rays from the sky cross the line of what is acceptable, in the same way that waterboarding isn't acceptable in interrogation, but other forms of physicality are.

Those are actually very different situations. A prison riot is a situation in which people are, or will soon, be seriously injured. And breaking up the riot by conventional means already carries risks of injury to the inmates or guards.

An interrogation involves an already-restrained guy who is currently posing no threat to anyone in a situation where time is at far less of a premium. Barring hypothetical situations that rarely show up outside of Hollywood, of course.

There is no justifiable reason to create a policy of harming (or risking harm upon) a person during interrogation. There are justifiable reasons to have a policy of harming (or risking harm upon) people who are currently going berserk in a confined space.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Of course, this method is unique compared to all of the aforementioned methods in that it leaves no injuries (thus would be harder to notice)...

Didn't the article say that some subjects experienced severe lasting burns?

edit: n/m, that was an early version of the more powerful military version

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Those are actually very different situations. A prison riot is a situation in which people are, or will soon, be seriously injured. And breaking up the riot by conventional means already carries risks of injury to the inmates or guards.

An interrogation involves an already-restrained guy who is currently posing no threat to anyone in a situation where time is at far less of a premium. Barring hypothetical situations that rarely show up outside of Hollywood, of course.

There is no justifiable reason to create a policy of harming (or risking harm upon) a person during interrogation. There are justifiable reasons to have a policy of harming (or risking harm upon) people who are currently going berserk in a confined space.

Yeah, I'd kinda hope this isn't something that would have to be explained.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sold on this idea, but there are definitely some good arguments for it in this thread.

I'm worried about operational creep, though. How long before these get mounted on police vehicles to use against protesters? And before someone says "better than tear gas" again I'll bet this will be used in conjunction with existing methods. The police haven't lost any of their other weapons when they were issued tasers and pepper spray. Hitting big crowds with this thing seems like it could be just as good at starting riots as stopping them.

Drake on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What are the chances of the chucklefucks not abusing this because they feel they don't have to fear injuries?

Couscous on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah this is pure fucking horseshit
    "The neat thing with this device is you experience pain but you are not injured by it," Osborne said. "It doesn't injure your skin, the beam doesn't have the power to do that."

So neat, being able to inflict pain without evidence. So neat.

Our jails are shit, but this isn't the answer.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are there reasons that, at least in the case of an indoor riot, we can't just pump the room full of either nitrous or something similar to knock out or subdue folks?

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How big of a problem are prison riots, anyway? Is this something that happens often, or is it just being used as a bogeyman?

Pi-r8 on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    One riot happened this week in California and a handful of prisoners ended up being shot.

Hoz on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Are there reasons that, at least in the case of an indoor riot, we can't just pump the room full of either nitrous or something similar to knock out or subdue folks?

Nitrous huh?

Maybe they could play some Pink Floyd too. :D

I've had the same thought too. I'm not sure why they aren't trying something along those lines.

Drake on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Drake wrote: »

Nitrous huh?

Maybe they could play some Pink Floyd too. :D

I've had the same thought too. I'm not sure why they aren't trying something along those lines.

Probably doesn't work too well outside.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hoz wrote: »
    One riot happened this week in California and a handful of prisoners ended up being shot.

That wouldn't do much against 200 rioting prisoners, would it? The initial reports claim that the prisoners just exploded.

We could start by making the prisons less shitty so this shit wouldn't happen.

Couscous on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you want to put down a riot, what's wrong with tear gas? Tear gas probably doesn't cost $750K.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    See, the main problem with using this in any prison dormitory or anywhere other than outside is that the crowd can't exactly disperse. They're confined to a rather small area, unlike protestors or people in open space who can run away from the beam.

If a riot starts in a prison and they just start blasting it seems that it either would create a situation of more widespread panic, or it would just disable SOME of the prisoners leaving them at the mercy of others who are perhaps more determined or more violent, since obviously you wouldn't want guards to run the risk of being caught in the line of fire.

If, however, it's not going to be used on riots, but on prisoners who are already within their cells and are simply be uncooperative... then it turns into something akin to tasing someone for not responding quickly enough or not showing proper respect.

Part of what I wasn't sure about was the area where it was installed. It says it was in one of the dormitories, which to me conjurs up an image of a huge block of individual cells, but I suppose it could also be just rows of beds like a hostel.

I just have trouble conjuring up a situation where this thing would not be ripe for abuse.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

The problem with both this and tear gas compared to this system is twofold-

-Dose. What's disabling to one person may not affect a second and could be toxic to a third.
    -Linger time: once this thing is off, its off. Gas hangs around.

But yes. Pain ray that leaves no marks? In a prison, where no one is going to believe the inmates if they claim they're being abused? Yeah, this will not end well.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    agentk13agentk13 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010

Cookies?

See my other post. Pepper spray, CS gas, rubber bullets, beanbag guns...maybe Tasers? And good ol' fashioned ass-whuppin, too. All of which cause pain (often nearly unbearable pain) and most of which carry greater potential for injury. Oh, and most of which continue to hurt after you stop applying them...an important point.
    ]I don't think the argument is that we shouldn't hurt prisoners during a hypothetical riot, but that invisible burn rays from the sky cross the line of what is acceptable, in the same way that waterboarding isn't acceptable in interrogation, but other forms of physicality are.

So using CS gas, pepper spray, physical beating, or Tasers are valid during an interrogation? I'm pretty sure every last one of them can be considered torture, just like waterboarding.

Again, any other method of breaking up unruly and (potentially or currently) violent inmates is going to have a significant risk of injury, cause intense pain, or both. This probably has the least risk of injury and causes the least lasting pain of any of them.

The only real question is how it's used (or rather when). If we're talking about breaking up brawls, riots, or other general disturbances in which physical force is already warranted? Great. Good idea, go forth. If we're talking about using it because an inmate got "lippy?" No good, just like when Tasers get overused out in "the world."

Of course, this method is unique compared to all of the aforementioned methods in that it leaves no injuries (thus would be harder to notice)...it's not like pepper spray, gas, and good ol' fashioined assbeating isn't already abused by officers in our prisons. So you rig it so that it records any uses, inspect it regularly, blah blah blah. You can mitigate the risk of abuse to the extent that it's not much more likely to be abused than any other form of force used in a prison environment.

Well yeah. But even in relatively well-maintained and normally-populated jails you're going to get disturbances, and they're going to need to get broken up. So again, what do we use? Cookies? Or beating their ass? What's better that this?

EDIT: I mean, the motherfuckers are already on time-out. Maybe spanking?

Or you could just grab them and shove them around. The goal isn't to brutalize the prisoners, it's to disperse them, and forcing them out of the communal area seems to be the most direct way to accomplish that goal, with riot shields to prevent counterattack and restraints being added liberally.

If you want to be all technological, you could just put rare earth metals in their shoes and keep electromagnets in the floors.

agentk13 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    agentk13 wrote: »
    Or you could just grab them and shove them around. The goal isn't to brutalize the prisoners, it's to disperse them, and forcing them out of the communal area seems to be the most direct way to accomplish that goal, with riot shields to prevent counterattack and restraints being added liberally.

This may or may not be a viable alternative. Do you know what the average prisoner:guard ratio is in a prison? Riot shields aren't magical, and by the time you're considering the magic pain beam you're probably well past the "grab them and shove them around" stage. Because yes, they do that in prisons already. Things like CS gas and the like are for when that's no longer an option.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those threads where a bunch of people pontificate about potentially life-threatening situations like they're no big deal, and as if they know what the fuck they're talking about.

EDIT: Though I'll admit that the only knowledge I have of prisons and prison riots is all second-hand.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a feeling this is going to be one of those threads where a bunch of people pontificate about potentially life-threatening situations like they're no big deal, and as if they know what the fuck they're talking about.
    It seems like every other thread in D&D is one of those threads.

Hoz on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a strong feeling the "Does not cause damage to the body!" effects of this device are greatly exaggerated.

I'm not exactly an expert on biology, but to my understanding, when dealing with the human bodym pain serves one major function: to tell you that you are being physically damaged.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd be fine with this as long as the controller is locked in a special cabinet that is logged, and only justifiably opened in the event of a riot or some other severe incident

override367 on
  • Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've been in a prison once, sure it was three days, and in Saudi, but still, not a single riot, extremly anacdotal.

But I love this idea, it move us one step closer to a distopyin future where implants that would give you psychic powers are a reality !!

TheOrange on