Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] Lair of the Shadow Broker rules and you should buy it

1679111262

Posts

  • XtarathXtarath Registered User
    edited September 2010
    No one would surrender information to the dread Wesley Broker.

  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know the Shadow Broker is going to be the guy who was trying to get the refund from the Turian shopkeeper on the Citadel.

    The whole ordeal drove him over the brink of insanity and now he's out for revenge on all Turians and all shopkeepers.

  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know you won't really do anything to the Shadow Broker.

    You're just gonna fuck some hub of his up.

  • EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SB is the galaxy's most advanced AI. Totally gonna happen.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

    It it though. It's basically.

    1. Shoot Bullets.
    2. Spam Adrenaline rush.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't use Adrenline Rush ever.

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I don't use Adrenline Rush ever.

    That is the beginning and end of all of yours problems.

    Turn on Hardened Adrenaline Rush and you are an untouchable god of death. Give it a try.

    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

    wait until you get a little further. it's still tough, but not as tough as adept on insanity at horizon

  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I don't use Adrenline Rush ever.

    That's like an Adept not using biotics.

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll take this into account. End of Overlord might be easier.

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

    wait until you get a little further. it's still tough, but not as tough as adept on insanity at horizon

    Man don't say that, Adept isn't easy for me so far and all I've done is Kasumi and Zaeed's loyalties, and recruited Grunt and Mordin.

    Arc Projector does make Singularity kind of hilarious to use, though.

    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just reordered ME1. I can't wait to get the Council in ME2.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay. Adrenaline Rush is good. Completely destroyed the end of Overlord.

    Hugs and kisses.

    Edit: Grissom Academy plug ha.

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Let us know if you think it's easy mode, later.

    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just got to Illium in my Femfiltrator Insanity run, and it's really making me regret some of the decisions I made in ME1. In my last game with this female Shepard in ME1, I was trying to get to level 60, which meant that anyone and everyone had to die. I needed the EXP! I also renegade killed a bunch of NPCs, but now the world in ME2 feels a little empty. I completed a male Vanguard run a few months ago where everyone from ME1 was alive, and I was going nuts at all the things I missed my first time through, such as Conrad Verner and Gianna Parasini. Great stuff.

    I don't think I can do another ME1 playthrough with my female Shepard. I just don't have the time.

    Diablo 3 Profile: Sneakman #1625
  • mojojoeomojojoeo Ghost dog at my side.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was thinking about this the other day

    Wouldn't it have been better if the dlc missions and guns were in the game from the get so that they have context?

    As is the DLC weapons are the first thing you equip as soon as you can choose.

    "Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear."
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Seriously though, if we end up killing the Shadow Broker, wouldn't we kind of be throwing the galactic economy into chaos?

    Wanna race in Mario Kart 7, battle in Pokemon or visit in Animal Crossing?
    3DS Friend Code: 2766-8209-8772. If you add me, PM me so I can add you as well!
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Seriously though, if we end up killing the Shadow Broker, wouldn't we kind of be throwing the galactic economy into chaos?

    Not really no. The Shadow Broker is a political figure, a political mercenary even, not so much an economic figure. Where the two topics is coincidence, not purpose.

    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

    wait until you get a little further. it's still tough, but not as tough as adept on insanity at horizon

    Man don't say that, Adept isn't easy for me so far and all I've done is Kasumi and Zaeed's loyalties, and recruited Grunt and Mordin.

    Arc Projector does make Singularity kind of hilarious to use, though.

    Really? It's just "strip the closest dude of his armor, singularity, warp bomb!" Rinse and repeat. Piece of cake! Early on, when cooldowns are huge it's not quite as easy, but you should be finding things getting easier by now. Vangods are great, but I still die loads when playing. Adept I mainly died when I stopped paying attention to my health and popped out for one more warp when I shouldn't have.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I must suck as this game hard if Soldier on Insanity is easy mode.

    wait until you get a little further. it's still tough, but not as tough as adept on insanity at horizon

    Man don't say that, Adept isn't easy for me so far and all I've done is Kasumi and Zaeed's loyalties, and recruited Grunt and Mordin.

    Arc Projector does make Singularity kind of hilarious to use, though.

    Really? It's just "strip the closest dude of his armor, singularity, warp bomb!" Rinse and repeat. Piece of cake! Early on, when cooldowns are huge it's not quite as easy, but you should be finding things getting easier by now. Vangods are great, but I still die loads when playing. Adept I mainly died when I stopped paying attention to my health and popped out for one more warp when I shouldn't have.

    It's so slow. Sentinel was kind of slow too but this is a bit much because Sentinel, at least, was indestructible as Hell.

    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentinel is slow, Adept you can move pretty quick around in once you get going. One warp bomb will blow the armor off 2 or 3 guys, who you can then singularity and warp bomb again.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Should I go Heavy or Unstable Warp? I would think Unstable, but

    Eh

    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I was thinking about this the other day

    Wouldn't it have been better if the dlc missions and guns were in the game from the get so that they have context?

    As is the DLC weapons are the first thing you equip as soon as you can choose.

    I'm pretty sure this is how it works. I started a new game after buying the Firepower Pack and Jacob and Miranda were using the Phalanx pistol on Freedom's Progress. Jacob also had the Geth Shotgun.

    I've been using DLC guns almost exclusively on my current game. Phalanx, Locust, Mattock, but now I'm using the Viper on squadmates instead of the Incisor.

    Diablo 3 Profile: Sneakman #1625
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Should I go Heavy or Unstable Warp? I would think Unstable, but

    Eh

    I went with Unstable Warps all around, because AoE was more important to me than hitting hard. Other folks have argued differently.

    In any case, you need Miranda at your side throughout. You fire off the Singularity, she pops it. When Thane joins you, things get even better.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ethereal wrote: »
    SB is the galaxy's most advanced AI. Totally gonna happen.

    Hmm, didn't the evil ai on the citadel have a nod in von's backroom? Maybe there is a connection.

  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you even play soldier without using adrenaline rush? I mean, what were you doing with your cooldowns? Concussive shot?
    BlackDove wrote: »
    You know you won't really do anything to the Shadow Broker.

    You're just gonna fuck some hub of his up.

    Well...
    Spoiler:

    X0H2Ah6.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not even Reapers stand a chance against Shepard in a stand-up fight. The Shadow Broker's gonna get a face full of shotgun before the DLC is over.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • BlurblBlurbl Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I'm playing the Vanguard, having a blast with Heavy Charge -> Shotgun -> Repeat as needed, but trying to work in the other skills he has just leaves me underwhelmed.

    I haven't played as an Adept, so I'm not too familiar with biotic gameplay, but what's the point of using Shockwave/Pull on an enemy with no shield/armour when a Charge/Shotgun does the job faster? And what's the point of Cyro rounds when you have Incendiary?

    Playing on Insanity btw.

  • joshgotrojoshgotro Bloat much? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How do you even play soldier without using adrenaline rush? I mean, what were you doing with your cooldowns? Concussive shot?

    Concussive shot then whatever team powers at my disposal until their shields, barriers, armor is gone then bullets.

  • jefe414jefe414 The dirtiest Sanchez TortugaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    With my Vanguard, I never used cryo rounds. I also never used shockwave. I found pull useful to get dudes out of cover if they were on a different elevation and had too many buddies nearby.

    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    So I'm playing the Vanguard, having a blast with Heavy Charge -> Shotgun -> Repeat as needed, but trying to work in the other skills he has just leaves me underwhelmed.

    I haven't played as an Adept, so I'm not too familiar with biotic gameplay, but what's the point of using Shockwave/Pull on an enemy with no shield/armour when a Charge/Shotgun does the job faster? And what's the point of Cyro rounds when you have Incendiary?

    Playing on Insanity btw.

    Shockwave is good for crowd control, but tends to be better coming from Jack than from you so you don't use up your cooldown; however, it does automatically kill Husks.

    I like Shockwave because it is hilarious.

    Mae77qg.png
    I have a Steam account
    3DS: 2406-5129-4317
  • SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I haven't played as an Adept, so I'm not too familiar with biotic gameplay, but what's the point of using Shockwave/Pull on an enemy with no shield/armour when a Charge/Shotgun does the job faster? And what's the point of Cyro rounds when you have Incendiary?.

    I never used Shockwave and I only ever used Pull to set up a warp explosion on an enemy I couldn't charge to. I would sometimes use Pull when faced with a Husk rush since it has such a short cooldown, but I generally didn't use it all that often.

    I maxed Cryo Ammo and took Squad Cryo so that squad mates with SMGs or Assault Rifles would have a little bit of crowd control on unprotected enemies. This really helps out when you're faced with a lot of enemies. I would use maxed Incendiary Ammo on Shepard's Shotgun for maximum up-close carnage.

    Diablo 3 Profile: Sneakman #1625
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Vangod is all about the chargin'. Once your core 3 skills are maxed, everything else is a matter of taste. Play around more with the bonus skills and see if one of them fits your liking? Reave is the one most people take; I've also heard people swear by Energy Drain.

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    It is Shepard

    Shepard is the shadow broker. Mental illness is involved

    dun dun dun dun

    A Shepard, Darkly

    heavensidesig80.jpg
    Spoiler:
  • envoy1envoy1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If the SB is the Asari council member, shep has to HIT THAT THING first before filling 'er up with shotgun pellets. I demand it be so.

    steam_sig.png
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    envoy1 wrote: »
    If the SB is the Asari council member, shep has to HIT THAT THING first before filling 'er up with shotgun pellets. I demand it be so.

    While Liara watches bound to a chair........

    Are there any new weapons etc. apart from the quest in the dlc? Sorry, haven't kept up with it.

  • envoy1envoy1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Juc wrote: »
    Popesnax wrote: »
    The Mattock is better.

    The matlock is a gun for invalids and old people.

    waaaait a minute... where's the stupid "journo" claiming that bioware employee thinks ME2 dlc weapon is "for invalids and old people"????? Juc. How could you?

    steam_sig.png
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Reporting this to the NY Times right now!

    C2B: Nothing's been said, so I expect it'll be like Overlord. No new weapons or squaddies. I hope it's got lots and lots of awesome content for the higher price (3 hours of edge-of-the-seat content maybe?!!). Bioware's already got my money either way, I'm just sayin'...

    evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

    The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
Sign In or Register to comment.