As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox controller redesign: now with a hopefully non-shitty D-pad

• Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    keith lived it

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    would you like to elaborate

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2010
    the camera is absolute balls and the controls are unresponsive and frustrating

i'm gonna try to play some more later but i kept dying because of the butt camera

plus it just feels dumb after playing X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Batman: Arkham Asylum which just got to the core of their characters and went from there. this just splits you into four different spider-men that are all different as far as characterization but still play pretty much exactly the same

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    at least the graphics are pretty

though i don't know why they have cel-shading for in game graphics (to look like a comic book) and then super realistic CG cutscenes

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    also note that i haven't even gotten through the first real level so i'm hoping it gets better

but it is completely frustrating so far

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    shitty camera is totally a make-or-break situation

that blows, man

how'd you get a hold of it? did gamestop already get their copies in or something? I haven't even seen any reviews yet

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Keith, don't you crush my dreams like this.

Don't you do it.

PLEASE

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    to be fair, kh1 has a shitty camera but that game is still ridiculously fun

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what the fuck are you people doing

do you even have hyphen keys on your keyboards

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    spi-derman?

101 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    close enough

and keith you should know that I'm going to buy that game anyway

I sort of have to

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've come to dislike cel-shaded looks in general.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    spiderm-an

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Tales of Vesperia is fucking gorgeous on my shiny new 360.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    it was my understanding that only the amazing universe is cel shaded

and how do you know they all control the same if you haven't finished the first level

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i'm hoping the batman: brave & the bold game is fun

i can only play it on DS though

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

and how do you know they all control the same if you haven't finished the first level

there's a tutorial level that takes you through each universe to show you how they're different

they're not different. except kind of Noir in that you still explore exactly the same but you're mostly fucked if you're seen

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That's what I thought, as well.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    still getting it

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Tales of Vesperia is fucking gorgeous on my shiny new 360.

I mean mostly the "Woah it looks like a comic-book (30 years ago)!"

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Oaka23Oaka23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Futore wrote: »
    s aganrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsorry, a kitten layed down on my computer o oere shecome

freakazoid.jpg

Oaka23 on
    Oaka you magnificent bastard I am in love with you in a way that offends gods and men.
    Comic edits! And for prospective editors, some common panels and extra crap you can use!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    fuck this game

i just fought kraven for like 20 minutes and had one hit left on him but he hit me because of the retarded camera

also: shouldn't have picked hard mode

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    keith I feel like a lot of these problems are your problems

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i didn't design the shitty camera

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    are you sure about that

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    well i didn't get paid to design the shitty camera

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I want a sentry game to come out

in the game you do one of 2 things

punch guys into outer space or eat ice cream and cry

this is a thing that needs to happen

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I want a sentry game to come out

in the game you do one of 2 things

punch guys into outer space or eat ice cream and cry

this is a thing that needs to happen

Tonkka: The videogame.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Rank you stone cold logical.

Brains from the top rope

Give him the intellectual stunner

Think him out cold

If you could 'favorite' posts.

This right here.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I thought Keith only plays Rock Band.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fishman wrote: »
    On removing colours from the buttons:

It could be a nod towards colour-blind gamers. I don't know if there's any issues with the colours as they stand, but it is plausible that the the greyscale differentiation suits a larger population of gamers then just old regular colours.

I'm not sure that it is as effective as coloured differentiation, which has a greater degree of differentiation for the majority of the population, but seeing as the old coloured button controllers still exist whereas this would be an alternative option for colour-blind gamers who haven't had any option until now, I don't have a problem with it on those grounds.

as someone who is colorblind, I will tell you that this is a bit ridiculous.

first of all, very very few people are absolutely colorblind. so seeing things in gray scale isn't that realistic of a response.

second of all, when you're colorblind, you learn how to compensate. it's something you live with more and more from when you're young. It's perfectly safe for me to drive because traffic lights are always set up either top to bottom or left to right. the same way with the buttons on a controller; they have a default.

finally, as rankenphile said, it is very unlikely that developers will start catering to something this marginal so late in the game. A small percentage of people will have these controllers. An even smaller percentage of the people who have these controllers will be colorblind. And more than likely, 0 percent of those people will only be able to be helped with colors in grey scale

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    god i don't know what if i would do if i was colorblind

probably kill myself

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I thought Keith only plays Rock Band.

what's wrong with Rock Band

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Futore wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    On removing colours from the buttons:

It could be a nod towards colour-blind gamers. I don't know if there's any issues with the colours as they stand, but it is plausible that the the greyscale differentiation suits a larger population of gamers then just old regular colours.

I'm not sure that it is as effective as coloured differentiation, which has a greater degree of differentiation for the majority of the population, but seeing as the old coloured button controllers still exist whereas this would be an alternative option for colour-blind gamers who haven't had any option until now, I don't have a problem with it on those grounds.

as someone who is colorblind, I will tell you that this is a bit ridiculous.

first of all, very very few people are absolutely colorblind. so seeing things in gray scale isn't that realistic of a response.

second of all, when you're colorblind, you learn how to compensate. it's something you live with more and more from when you're young. It's perfectly safe for me to drive because traffic lights are always set up either top to bottom or left to right. the same way with the buttons on a controller; they have a default.

finally, as rankenphile said, it is very unlikely that developers will start catering to something this marginal so late in the game. A small percentage of people will have these controllers. An even smaller percentage of the people who have these controllers will be colorblind. And more than likely, 0 percent of those people will only be able to be helped with colors in grey scale

Hey, I didn't say it was a good idea. I just said it was an idea.

Hell, I pretty much identify it as being a suspect rationale in the last paragraph.

Treat it as speculation, not gospel.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    is the spider-man game coming out for pc at the same time as the others?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It appears so, Langly.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've done some accessibility work at Microsoft. I'm gonna go ahead and say it's got nothing to do with colorblindness.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    does it have to do with islam

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fair enough.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.