As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer40K MMO]Apparently no longer an MMO; inquire within (Page 13).

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    I hope the Blood Angels don't all die. I will be a sad panda.

Don't worry, they can call in their buddies the Necrons to help out.

I hope they all die horrible deaths. Which is quite likely seeing as they are pretty much fucked.

40k lore like that, won't progress to such an extent where Blood Angels die out.

Alot of races / armies are in doomed (grim-dark) situations like that. You could argue they put them in those situation so as to justify why sides meet up on the battlefield in the first place.

The snippet of lore that comes with Fuegan says that he's going to be the last Pheonix lord to die, in Rhana Dandra, the last battle with Chaos, the outcome of which seems to be the destruction of the Materium and Immaterium.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm sure someone will rise up and defeat the Demon army, I mean, its the same demon that Sanguinus fought twice in the Horus heresy. The Sanguinor will probably appear and off him, maybe.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    mellestadmellestad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You know what would be sweet? Player controlled vehicles in PvP lakes.

You know what would be sweeter? Guild owned stat-boosted and customized vehicles that have an upkeep cost. The Imperial Titan: Invictus facing off against the Chaos Titan: Rainbow Bunny.

Really though, that would be a pretty cool way to do things, almost like a corp in Eve or something.

mellestad on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Lamenters are still a chapter? They have what, 100 marines left? I read a short story where they dropped to try to hold back a hive fleet long enough for the rest of the civvies and IG to pull out. They start winning and pushing back the 'nids when the first marine dies, followed by the rest of the marines that dropped. The Guardsman that was narrating the story killed himself after that. Good read.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    The Lamenters are still a chapter? They have what, 100 marines left? I read a short story where they dropped to try to hold back a hive fleet long enough for the rest of the civvies and IG to pull out. They start winning and pushing back the 'nids when the first marine dies, followed by the rest of the marines that dropped. The Guardsman that was narrating the story killed himself after that. Good read.

Heh that was an enjoyable short but they most likely just lost a company rather then a whole chapter.

The blood angel codex is most likely leading up to more RTS games from relic, everyone loves nids so they now ensure that every 40k RTS will have nids.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arghy wrote: »
    IvanIssacs wrote: »

Heh that was an enjoyable short but they most likely just lost a company rather then a whole chapter.

The blood angel codex is most likely leading up to more RTS games from relic, everyone loves nids so they now ensure that every 40k RTS will have nids.

:mrgreen:

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Karl wrote: »
    I hope the Blood Angels don't all die. I will be a sad panda.

Don't worry, they can call in their buddies the Necrons to help out.

They really shouldn't let Matt Ward write anymore.

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Guys look it makes perfect sense--do you want to play necrons/tau in DoW3? The blood angels must be wreathed in retcon and horrible writing so we can have another dark crusade.

Arghy on
  • Options
    TremblayTremblay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arghy wrote:
    Arghy wrote:
    Guys look it makes perfect sense--do you want to play necrons/tau in DoW3? The blood angels must be wreathed in retcon and horrible writing so we can have another dark crusade.

I am very much not a hardcore W40K fan, and I am getting confused.

You are talking about the Blood Ravens or the Blood Angels?

Tremblay on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Actually I do want Tau. I loved playing them in the DoW expacs.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tremblay wrote: »
    Arghy wrote:
    Arghy wrote:

I am very much not a hardcore W40K fan, and I am getting confused.

You are talking about the Blood Ravens or the Blood Angels?

Which ones are the douches? i know one is fairly awesome while the other is crap. Goddamnit i continually get confused regarding those to--blood angels are awesome blood ravens are crap.

I dont think the blood angels got to worry since they got their primarchs spear back and their leaders are very badass or atleast the lead librarian is.

Arghy on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    blood ravens are in the video game and were fucking stupid until DoW 2 at least gave them a bit of character

blood angels are rad as fuck and always have been

SJ on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SJ wrote: »

blood angels are rad as fuck and always have been

Pretty much. The death company make Khorne Berserkers look like pussys.

Whilst the Berserkers are yelling "blood for the blood god" and all that bollocks the death company have gone completely batshit mental, now think they're Sanguinius and that every enemy is Horus.

Karl on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Either that, or they are so close to that happening that they hope to down the enemy in their blood so they don't have to go through it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I thought the Blood Angels were fine until their latest codex.

Necron shit aside, the whole "Angel who shows up out of nowhere and wtfpwns shit" and the "I can't believe it's not a Hive Tyrant" special characters are silly.

Nobody on
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Necron shit aside, the whole "Angel who shows up out of nowhere and wtfpwns shit" and the "I can't believe it's not a Hive Tyrant" special characters are silly.

You never ignore that Necron bit never.

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I don't mind outrageous silly things, but you're complaining about those things in lieu of the terrible Necron/Tyranid threesome? Because that (aside from everything being named blood[noun]) is the worst part of that book.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just to clarify, the Necron shit is the worst thing fluffwise.

The other two things are the worst things gamewise.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For a brief second I thought I had clicked on the 40k table top thread.

I was confused as fuck.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited November 2010
    For a brief second I thought I had clicked on the 40k table top thread.

I was confused as fuck.

See now imperial guard--theres a proper army.

Arghy on
  • Options
    ForumiteForumite Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    can someone explain to me what is going on in this pic

16idtnb.jpg

Forumite on
    33tp6w6.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    just a buncha dudes chillaxin, gettin ready to pillage something somewhere, talkin about how awesome chaos is, havin some brews

that's from fantasy though not 40k

SJ on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Forumite wrote: »

*snip*

Heresy, witchcraft, and mutation!

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lunch break with the lads.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The 1134th annual "Who Has The Biggest Half Demonic Battering Ram" competition. I hear that particular year was the one they unseated the reigning champion, Zorbox the Worldbreaker (pictured in the background), when he caught his girlfriend making eyes at some Slanneshi cultists and went on a bloodthirsty rampage.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I like that one normal looking dude in the center of everything, looking around at the viewer as beastmen, mutants, and other horrors leer at each other, as if they're about to assault each other. It seems to say "Oh shit. I'm so boned.".

Archonex on
  • Options
    BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Seriously, I can imagine that the main reason that Ork tech works is because it's so goofy that the Imperium tech priests don't understand it (For example: In one book I read, the ork Trukk went faster because the driver leaned to the side, not because he was stomping the gas pedal).

Well, if the wheels on one side of the trukk were damaged just so, they could be causing friction which would slow down the whole of the vehicle. If the driver were to lean away from that side (and weigh enough) the center of gravity would shift to the "good" side of the trukk, taking weight off of the bad side and having a net effect of the trukk going faster due to less overall friction.

Unless that quote means ALL ork trukks, then forget everything I just typed. :P

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    BuhamutZeo wrote: »
    Seriously, I can imagine that the main reason that Ork tech works is because it's so goofy that the Imperium tech priests don't understand it (For example: In one book I read, the ork Trukk went faster because the driver leaned to the side, not because he was stomping the gas pedal).

Well, if the wheels on one side of the trukk were damaged just so, they could be causing friction which would slow down the whole of the vehicle. If the driver were to lean away from that side (and weigh enough) the center of gravity would shift to the "good" side of the trukk, taking weight off of the bad side and having a net effect of the trukk going faster due to less overall friction.

IIRC, the trukk in question wasn't presented as being damaged (they had stolen it from a Ork vehicle depot), but who can say for certain? :P

Nobody on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Forumite wrote: »

*snip*

Heresy, witchcraft, and mutation!

Traitors.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

IIRC, the trukk in question wasn't presented as being damaged (they had stolen it from a Ork vehicle depot), but who can say for certain? :P
    Poor construction could give the same result. But either way it'd need to be a fairly heavy orc and a fairly light vehicle to make a significant difference (well, or he'd just need to be able to shift his own center of gravity by several feet). I think you might be better off assuming someone put a turbo switch in a really weird spot if you're looking for rational reasons.

Syrdon on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I do hope they have a hive zone, maybe a hive overrun by tyranids/chaos/whateever evil xenos you want

i fucking love the hive cities, i am also fucking ecstatic that my friends started a necromunda campaign last week, i was so excited i made a flash program to keep track of my gang roster

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Syrdon wrote: »

Poor construction could give the same result. But either way it'd need to be a fairly heavy orc and a fairly light vehicle to make a significant difference (well, or he'd just need to be able to shift his own center of gravity by several feet). I think you might be better off assuming someone put a turbo switch in a really weird spot if you're looking for rational reasons.

Right, that was the purpose of my original post.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I think a much more likely explanation is that the Orc that built it ran the fuel line under the driver's seat and leaning to the side released the pinch on it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    or maybe it's because he believes

wait, shit

SJ on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ohh, its because he believes

He believes that the mek knows he'll krump the shit out of him if it doesn't work.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Raslin wrote: »
    Ohh, its because he believes

He believes that the mek knows he'll krump the shit out of him if it doesn't work.

this is an acceptable middle ground

SJ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I... I can deal with that.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    since we get basically no news about this game, I am going to post some random art instead

r292ip.jpg

Is this the golden throne?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It is an artist's depiction of the Golden Throne. We can be sure though that the artist has never seen the Golden Throne.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the cathedral covers most of western europe, and no living soul other than the adeptus custodes has been inside the holiest of holys where the golden throne is kept

PiptheFair on
This discussion has been closed.