As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird AIM Problem

QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
As of last night my AIM has been screwing up. Every time I try to sign on, Step 3 (Starting Services) takes awhile. I knew that when I hit cancel during that, my buddylist would show up as blank, and tell me that my buddy list cannot be found but hasn't been lost. Usually a quick retry would fix this. But now it always does it, forcing me to not be able to use AIM.

When this first started to happen, I would sign on normally and it would show all of my buddies, except it showed that they were all offline. I tried opening a message to myself, and that wouldn't work either. Now I can't even get as far as seeing my buddies. If I don't hit cancel during Step 3, it takes awhile, then 2 errors appear simultaneously. I get the buddy list error AND the connection error (the reconnecting in 3 minutes thing), except I can't click on either of them, forcing me to close AIM through the taskbar or through the Task Manager.

The weirdest thing is, my other screen names seem to be working fine right now.

I took some random screenshots, hoping they might help a bit;

aim19ew.png

aim28qx.png

Thanks for any help I can get, I really appreciate it!

EDIT: It works with some and doesn't work with other. It never works with my main screen name.

Qorzm on

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling AIM? Or using a different AIM client? :wink:

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    ffordefforde Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling AIM? Or using a different AIM client? :wink:
    Reboot your computer first, if that doesn't help try reinstalling it.

But honestly I would consider going to something like gaim. Basically just a more flexible open source IM client with a lot less bloat.

Good luck.

fforde on