As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Firefall] Borderlands, Halo, Tribes, and Starship Troopers Had a Baby

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    What is their schedule? I got my invite this morning but I have been at work all day.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Super secret NDA, but log in to the beta site to see some stuff.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Ahh, alright; I will wait until I get home then.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Gentlemen, I have joined your ranks as an elite, government agent and top secret beta tester.

See you all at *redacted* to play a whole lotta *redacted*.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    the schedule for this beta is the dumbest thing

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    the schedule for this beta is the dumbest thing

I like to think of it as punishment for making the terrible decision to not live on the Best Coast.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i do live on the best coast

just of the wrong country

• Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    Got my beta invite finally, 2 days a week for like 4 hours? laaaaaaame.

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Just played a couple PvP matches, really like how much I can fight as a medic. Looking forward to what this game will be like after a year or so of polish.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Just played a couple PvP matches, really like how much I can fight as a medic. Looking forward to what this game will be like after a year or so of polish.

Isn't this game supposed to be out already? If the game is supposed to be free to play, why not open the beta/game sooner? They're on Valve/Blizzard time I guess.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I'll wait for a nice polished product.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    El Guaco wrote: »
    Talith wrote:

Isn't this game supposed to be out already? If the game is supposed to be free to play, why not open the beta/game sooner? They're on Valve/Blizzard time I guess.
    They were aiming for December, but decided it wasn't ready so it is now in a growing beta. Once the number of players in beta hits critical mass they intend to throw open the doors to everyone.

Also any chance I could get in on the Conga-Line? I asked before but I must have been missed =/

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    A day late (again)
    Phobos wrote:
    Hey Folks,

It's been a while since my last beta update. My sincere apologies for that. It's been busy around here to say the least. We've had a lot of new staff starting and we've been really moving on getting more and more of our game out to beta testers. Last week we sent out our largest wave of invites ever. A total of 10,000 invites were sent by Red 5 and over 8000 invites were given to our beta testers to give out just the week before. This more than doubled our existing beta users.

All these additional users created a very scary situation as we weren't sure how many would be able to play on Saturday. Since we are still on a strict testing schedule, some users aren't able to play when the servers are up. In the end though, we nearly tripled our previous record of concurrent users and more than tripled the number of unique users.

All didn't go perfectly though. As we expected, the massive increase of users pointed out a lot of places where our scalability was bottlenecked. Some of these issues we were able to fix on the fly and keep running the test. Others are being tasked out to engineers to get fixed ASAP.

Just a couple of weeks ago we moved our users from a temporary zone where they could queue up for PVP into Copacabana, the starting area that will ship with the game. This is still mostly just a queuing area, though we do have various creatures for testers to kill and loot. We also revealed manufacturing, resource refining, and more within that release.

The release of Copacabana allows us to roll out new content a lot easier than before, so we are currently prepping for the release of resource collection (aka thumpers), Chosen combat, missions, invasions, and more. There's still a lot to do for each of those, so they will probably come out in bits and pieces, but it's a very exciting time for us.

While we probably won't send out more invites this week (at least until we get most of the scaling problems fixed), we are still growing beta and will be doing so much more rapidly than in previous weeks. Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for additional chances to grab keys.

Thanks for being a part of this community. Thank you for all of your support. I hope to see you all in game very soon.

26904.png
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    More beta invites just went out. Got one... the servers go up 24 March.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Me too!
    I haven't checked to see how I can send additional invites. I mean, there is a whole line here and everything.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Is there a line? Can someone add me to it? =D

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I can confirm that everyone currently in beta was given two invites to hand out. I gave both mine away already to PA'ers.

If you have any invites they will show up here: https://beta.firefallthegame.com/referrals

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    bluh, all you needed to do to get a chance of getting invited is registering right?

• Options
    Zandracon wrote: »
    bluh, all you needed to do to get a chance of getting invited is registering right?

Yeah just register for game and you are automatically entered for chance to get in.

Is there an in-game PA Army yet? We should have enough people to start one now (takes five). I made a temporary one called Penny Arcade Wangstas but it's not registered.

• Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    Bah, no invite. It looks like they're doing friends & family beta still. Then again, they might not have updated that page yet.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Have they said yet when this game will be open to everyone?

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    BlandlytastefulBlandlytasteful Gruelmaster The Dark LunchroomRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    Have they said yet when this game will be open to everyone?

Man... never.

Seriously, though, it just feels like it. I decided months ago that I was pretty interested in this, but not so interested that I would hang around the forums trying to score an invite. Figured, "Eh, it's supposed to hit in December, I can wait. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to randomly get the invite for registering already."

Steam: Blandlytasteful | XBL: Blandlytasteful | PSN: Blandlytasteful | 3DS: 3411-0354-2109
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Anyone wants to group up for Saturday's test meet up in the PA Steam chatroom (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PennyArcade). I'll be playing the whole test period (11am to 5pm) and probably a few hours past the cutoff.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have no invites. I've just checked. Oh well. Once I get some, you guys will be the first to know.
    I'll join you, @Dirtyboy, for testing.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I seem to have acquired a beta invite. There really must be an RNG in play because I haven't made a single post on their forums.

I'm going to try to get on at the start of today's session (at least until my son wakes up from his nap.) I have no. earthly. idea. what I'm doing. Any advice for getting started? Speak as you would to a small child...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    From what they said, you can just login to their forums now and then and be considered active enough to get an invite. Posting there only means you could make friends with people who have invites to give out. I didn't post there either, just logged in every now and then.

Just played for a bit... its pretty much Global Agenda. The PVE stuff in GA was pretty terrible though and this is alright... nothing special though, kill X and gather Y. The PVP was fun though, the downed mechanic of executing/rezzing is a nice touch.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    wow, from what i saw last time i played, the game has come along quite nicely, is there a way to group up with people or anything? also i don't know if I've cleared all the content in the game right now or not D=

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not really much of a tutorial so far. Trying to figure out how to get coralite apart from using sonic detonators and get 3-4 at a time.

edit: oooh, the mission chain stopped for me, had to relog to have it appear again. Let's see what it tells me.

Echo on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm in as well, i'd love to meet up with other folks to heal bot them. Noticed a lack of healers so I manned up and mained that.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Here's a bit on resources and how to get them.

I'm annoyed at the need to PVP to get ore for my PVE. :x

edit: also, annoyed at our smilies being borked.

Echo on
  • Options
    Ooh, OK. Now it's starting to click. You need to mind where you're thumping.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Here's a bit on resources and how to get them.

I'm annoyed at the need to PVP to get ore for my PVE. :x

edit: also, annoyed at our smilies being borked.
    That is a little outdated, I was able to get all the ore I needed for the stuff I was crafting just with the Thumper or the occasional downed Thumper mission, no PVP required (PVP would have been a little quicker however for certain ores)
    I think they rebalanced yields as I was getting a lot more Basalt this patch.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

In more ways than one.
    Thumper falls from sky, everyone dies.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

In more ways than one.
    Thumper falls from sky, everyone dies.

My brother killed himself twice like that today.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    so, were there any missions after you get the waypoints for dropping the thumper? because after i dropped the first one, i know longer had my hammer, and i couldn't do any other quests

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    So now that more invites/friend invites are going out, is there still a PA line? If there is, add me to it please.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    so, were there any missions after you get the waypoints for dropping the thumper? because after i dropped the first one, i know longer had my hammer, and i couldn't do any other quests

Doesn't seem like it at this point. Hopefully they'll be adding more down the line. How they thought this thing would be out for Christmas is mystery, though. Maybe it was a blind hope.

• Options
    The Thumper mission is the only open world questline at the moment. There are also Rift-style Chosen invasions and downed Thumper public quests that pay small amounts of money. The ores you need for crafting can be gotten either through PvP or PvE, but you'll need the second level (Light) Thumper to get decent amounts of them.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So, I've been looking at this, and it looks pretty good. I just signed up on the forums, but it looks like the Dick Wolf's thread has been offline for a bit. Is there a new thread, or do we just hang around here.

This seems like something I'd quite like to get into.

• Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    The other Beta free-to-play shooter with jetpacks also has a Thumper, so this past page has really confused me.