Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX, in which Faynor gives toothy BJs

15758606263

Posts

  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    seriously star wars mmo is going to suck

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So has there been any photodumps yet? I'm eager to see more pictures.

  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    Like, the Star Wars MMO didn't even look like a WoW knockoff, it wasn't even that polished and people still lost their shit

    And I think Kate said she was interviewing one of the guys, talking about how MMOs need to have a very fluid and lasting experience to feel important, something you can change and affect and the guy was like "yeah you're stupid we have like 15 planets to explore so"

    Wait, the Bioware one?
    Fuck...

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    when did I ever argue about star wars

    you are posting false information!

  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm uncertain to be honest, Baroque

    I also tend to make multiple posts in a short span of time like so

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    when did I ever argue about star wars

    you are posting false information!

    oh wait I think I got you mixed up with goatmon

    you guys have a kinda similar hair thing happening in your face region

    www.twitter.com/amazingwarlock
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    neville wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    Like, the Star Wars MMO didn't even look like a WoW knockoff, it wasn't even that polished and people still lost their shit

    And I think Kate said she was interviewing one of the guys, talking about how MMOs need to have a very fluid and lasting experience to feel important, something you can change and affect and the guy was like "yeah you're stupid we have like 15 planets to explore so"

    Wait, the Bioware one?
    Fuck...

    Yeah, after actually playing Guild Wars 2, I couldn't be less excited for the KOTOR MMO

    they're really trying to sell the brand, too, discussing specific things like invading one of Revan's ancient fortresses or someshit

    people are going to play it just to try and get some closure and I expect they'll be sorely disappointed

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't think I've ever seen an actual picture of Goatmon

  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    when did I ever argue about star wars

    you are posting false information!

    oh wait I think I got you mixed up with goatmon

    you guys have a kinda similar hair thing happening in your face region

    the worst case of mistaken identity

    oh I thought you were goatmon

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    Like, the Star Wars MMO didn't even look like a WoW knockoff, it wasn't even that polished and people still lost their shit

    And I think Kate said she was interviewing one of the guys, talking about how MMOs need to have a very fluid and lasting experience to feel important, something you can change and affect and the guy was like "yeah you're stupid we have like 15 planets to explore so"

    Wait, the Bioware one?
    Fuck...

    Yeah, after actually playing Guild Wars 2, I couldn't be less excited for the KOTOR MMO

    they're really trying to sell the brand, too, discussing specific things like invading one of Revan's ancient fortresses or someshit

    people are going to play it just to try and get some closure and I expect they'll be sorely disappointed

    Jesus, that is incredibly disappointing.
    I mean I really WANTED to like the first one, but it was terrifyingly bad.
    And I love Bioware, but hearing that is really stupid... that's sort of like the first one.
    "But our game is huge!"
    "Yes but it is boring as FUCK"
    "BUT IT IS HUGE"
    "okay... have fun with that"

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    neville wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    Like, the Star Wars MMO didn't even look like a WoW knockoff, it wasn't even that polished and people still lost their shit

    And I think Kate said she was interviewing one of the guys, talking about how MMOs need to have a very fluid and lasting experience to feel important, something you can change and affect and the guy was like "yeah you're stupid we have like 15 planets to explore so"

    Wait, the Bioware one?
    Fuck...

    Yeah, after actually playing Guild Wars 2, I couldn't be less excited for the KOTOR MMO

    they're really trying to sell the brand, too, discussing specific things like invading one of Revan's ancient fortresses or someshit

    people are going to play it just to try and get some closure and I expect they'll be sorely disappointed

    Jesus, that is incredibly disappointing.
    I mean I really WANTED to like the first one, but it was terrifyingly bad.
    And I love Bioware, but hearing that is really stupid... that's sort of like the first one.
    "But our game is huge!"
    "Yes but it is boring as FUCK"
    "BUT IT IS HUGE"
    "okay... have fun with that"

    during the panel they were like "we have a billion hours of voice recordings!"

    and then when they showed the "interactive group conversations" it was like

    hey will you invade this place please

    okay
    /
    \
    give me money bitch or i'll cut you

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Not tests. They were trying to kill it.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Neville tell them I am nothing like Goatmon!

  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, adventures! Could you retrieve my force artifact I've dropped into this dangerous canyon?

    I'll do anything for a price, says Hann S0l0

    Altrisum is for the weak, says Darth Rand

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It was seriously "look at our ingame footage" and then they showed a highlight reel of the exciting parts of the combat and quests (which was mostly jedis jumping and then dice rolls engaging and a guy with a laser gun sitting in the back lazily shooting)

    and then "okay now watch us play"

    and it was really laggy and boring looking

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    but yeah

    Guild Wars 2 was pretty amazing on a $180,000 3D TV and everyone should play it instead of that game

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm going to hold out on KOTOR until the beta, because new MMOs are often extremely unpolished until then.

    Steam name: munkus
    Pokemon X ID:
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Will Guild Wars 2 be free to play as long as you own the game like the first one?

    bO0v7.png
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Case in point: WoW

    Steam name: munkus
    Pokemon X ID:
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    the proof will be in its actual measured few months of the release

    any other time i'd pass it off as a bunch of buzzwords and bullshit but i have a love of KOTOR that'll have me looking past the fact it's an MMO

  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Will Guild Wars 2 be free to play as long as you own the game like the first one?

    buy the game, no monthly fee

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    as a man who thought guild wars 1 was boring as almighty christ, GW2 looks a LOT better

    I think people were envisioning the star wars MMO to be like the trailer

    handy hint: it's not

    I'll welcome it if it's good, absolutely

    but I do not expect it to turn out that way

    Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Watching a video of some guy playing it at PAX.

    bO0v7.png
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anjin, I love KOTOR as well, like a lot

    KOTOR 2 will always be my "one that got away" when it comes to all time favorite video games

    and while they certainly have time to improve shit, it was just really underwhelming

    but either way I've made like seventeen posts about it now, so!

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Faynor wrote: »
    Like, the Star Wars MMO didn't even look like a WoW knockoff, it wasn't even that polished and people still lost their shit

    And I think Kate said she was interviewing one of the guys, talking about how MMOs need to have a very fluid and lasting experience to feel important, something you can change and affect and the guy was like "yeah you're stupid we have like 15 planets to explore so"

    Wait, the Bioware one?
    Fuck...

    Yeah, after actually playing Guild Wars 2, I couldn't be less excited for the KOTOR MMO

    they're really trying to sell the brand, too, discussing specific things like invading one of Revan's ancient fortresses or someshit

    people are going to play it just to try and get some closure and I expect they'll be sorely disappointed

    Jesus, that is incredibly disappointing.
    I mean I really WANTED to like the first one, but it was terrifyingly bad.
    And I love Bioware, but hearing that is really stupid... that's sort of like the first one.
    "But our game is huge!"
    "Yes but it is boring as FUCK"
    "BUT IT IS HUGE"
    "okay... have fun with that"

    during the panel they were like "we have a billion hours of voice recordings!"

    and then when they showed the "interactive group conversations" it was like

    hey will you invade this place please

    okay
    /
    \
    give me money bitch or i'll cut you


    Yeah I mean voice recording is cool. But it means once you do them, you're pretty locked in.
    So if you realize your quests are boring as well, well FFFFFFF because you'd have to redo them AND pay your voice actors to redo their voices etc.

    So they're like "Fuck it, just make more boring planets"

    And CD isn't like Goatmon at all. He's lovable and sweet.
    Think of him like the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland, except with more facial hair!

    And Cataclysm is pretty fucking brilliant.
    No bias here; it's a really sweet expansion. :D

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    guild wars 2 looks pretty goddamn cool. are they keeping free subscription model of the firsT?

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    guild wars 2 looks pretty goddamn cool. are they keeping free subscription model of the firsT?
    Faynor wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Will Guild Wars 2 be free to play as long as you own the game like the first one?

    buy the game, no monthly fee

    bO0v7.png
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    KOTOR's character models move in such dumb ways.

    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    it's no city of heroes, though

  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Of all the MMOs at pax, GW2 looked the best and the most polished. They said they're sticking with the no-subscription model. Also what little the guy could tell me about the PvP sounded sweet as hell. He name dropped Dark Age of Camelot, which is always a good thing for pvp.

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    League/XBL: Amalockh
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    it's no city of heroes, though

    Yeah cause it's gonna be good.

    pft

  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    city of heroes was so much fun simply for the fact you could be whoever the heck you wanted to be and have crazy times

  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yep, buy the box, no monthly fee. Literally gonna be thousands of hours of content in that motherfucker.

    PvP isn't content, fyi.
    There will be a decent amount of PvE content, I'm sure.
    But thousands? No.

    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I hope some day they make a City of Heroes II.

    bO0v7.png
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    lego universe is the best mmo at pax

  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would have liked to experience more GW2 but then I got antsy

    and Gary was like "hey, we've already seen the starter area twice, why don't you choose the high level area with no introduction and really hard creeps"

    and then the announcer yelled YOU GUYS ARE WATCHING GUILD WARS 2 ON THIS HUGE 3D SCREEN! YEP IT'S ALL GUILD WARS 2 HERE HAVE A SNUGGIE

    so I felt like I had to be doing something interesting so I went and attacked a thing and I died

    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
This discussion has been closed.