Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Welcome To The Club PA Library

TubeTube Says some shitAdministrator, ClubPA admin
edited February 2007 in ClubPA Library
Gabe and Tycho have decided to make this forum publically accessible. This is more a place for archival than chat, so keep it on topic. If you have something fun to post, like some Gabeart, or an old PA related thing that has been forgotten, go right ahead.

Enjoy.

Tube on

• PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So.

What is this exactly?

Spoiler:
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA
    edited January 2007
    So.

What is this exactly?

it's a place to library of all things related to penny-arcade.

fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Slungsolow wrote:
    So.

What is this exactly?

it's a place to library of all broken links that used to be related to penny-arcade.

Denny's is for winners.
    mkc.pngmkc.pngmkc.pngmontykevin.png
  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2007
    Hopefully with public access there'll be more people helping out with hosting and such.

• RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2007
    The Long Answer (to the question: "What is this?")

This is a forum that was created by me about the time this incarnation of the forums (phpBB2,Feb 2003) replaced the previous 2001-2002 incarnation the forums.

In 2001-2002, Penny-Arcade ran almost completely by the support of donations, and in return for those donations they gave special perks under a program they called ClubPA.

ClubPA had (and still has) a hidden forum of their own, and also received emailed "gifts" from Gabe and Tycho in return for their donations. After ClubPA was replaced by ad-revenue, I got the OK from Gabe and Tycho to assemble the various ClubPA gifts into a single forum accessible to all ClubPA members. Now, 4 years later, they have opened that forum to the general public as well.

Although it hasn't been tended to in quite some time this forum also became a repository of some additional OLD PENNY-ARCADE STUFF, not specific to ClubPA.

With some work by people who really care about preserving penny-arcade history, I think it could be a great single point of reference for all sorts of penny-arcade stuff that just isn't readily accessible or visible on the penny-arcade mainsite.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2007
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User
    edited January 2007
  • TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited January 2007
    Any volunteers can post here or PM me or whatever.

• TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Whoa. :shock:
    :D

EDIT: Big ups to Gabe and Tycho for reopening this forum.
    Penny Arcade History - Know your roots :P

EDIT: Also, just wanted to mention the details link goes nowhere.
    I don't know if it was linked to an old page back when this forum was still active, but, yeah it's teh borked.

BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This is so interesting. I didn't get into PA until about 2003 (apparently after the Ad-Revenue took over). I never even have heard about Club PA. I never saw it mentioned in any of the other forums.

This is like finally getting access to the secret clubhouse on the playground where all the cool kids hang out.

I am in the business of saving lives.

camo_sig2.png
  • CorvusCorvus Winter crow VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Awesome. Glad to see this stuff publically available.

• BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    This is pretty cool. Clicking on the 'details' link on the forum index sends you to the 'something has gone terribly wrong' page though.

steam_sig.png
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Any volunteers can post here or PM me or whatever.
    I have many Penny Arcade related things in my head and on my hard drive. Sometimes I get confused about which is which. Maybe I could be of some assistance?

gusinrepose.png
  • Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Most excellent

and just to be sure, is there still some secret club thing based on donations?

Because i remember ClubPA comming out, but since I was under age, and had to credit card and such, i couldn't do it

i wanna to be one of the cool kids

signaturebighe7.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Akilae729 wrote:
    Most excellent

Because i remember ClubPA comming out, but since I was under age, and had to credit card and such, i couldn't do it

There is no such thing.

gusinrepose.png
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User
    edited January 2007
    look at all the old posts and posters.

FROZEN IN TIME.

it's like a museum.

or a tomb.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    tombseum

EDIT: Would I be correct in assuming that off-topic posts here will have a high rate of deletion?

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Akilae729 wrote:
    Most excellent

There is no such thing.

You're hidding from us, admit it.

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm still looking for the PA Wallpaper they gave out for the first or second month of donations. I really want it again!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt
  • DarkseidDarkseid Registered User, ClubPA
    edited January 2007
    skyknyt wrote:
    I'm still looking for the PA Wallpaper they gave out for the first or second month of donations. I really want it again!

Any ideas of what it looked like?

cutglass.jpg
    Diamond Friend Code: 0043 9432 1473
    edited January 2007
    Gabe and Tycho sitting on a couch playing games from a side perspective. Can of soda on the coffee table, slice of pizza on the floor.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    the animated gif one?
    this is the only one I know of like that
    logo2.gif

jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • HardtargetHardtarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    this is really cool. Back when ClubPA was around I simply didn't have the funds but always loved the idea. These days that isn't the case but all this stuff was still locked down! Pretty excited to check it out :)

camo_sig2.png
  • MosanaMosana Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Oh my

I was a guest until a few minutes ago

And you have this secret forum I didn't know about until I got an account

guys

edited January 2007
    I don't remember it being animated... but it looks about right (at least from how I remember it). Thanks!

Tycho wrote:
  • embrikembrik Registered User
    edited February 2007
    skyknyt wrote:
    I don't remember it being animated... but it looks about right (at least from how I remember it). Thanks!

This may not be the one you're looking for, as I don't think it was a donation one, but it might fit the bill.

Edit: I think I'll host a zip of it instead of the 4 MB file.
    pa_couch.zip (1280x1024 850 KB)
    thm_pa_couch.jpg

I'll keep that hosted for a while, if someone wants to host it elsewhere, that'd be great.

"Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?