As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pictures Pictures Pictures!!! (also Video!)

• Options
    ZerisZeris Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, some of you guys are regular photography ninjas. I'm seeing a lot more pictures of myself and my roommate (we were Lance Bean and Bill Rizer, or Player 2 and Player 1 respectively, of Contra fame) than I originally thought there would be. Way to go, guys.

This was my first year at PAX, so I took a metric butt-ton of photos, which I'll be sure to post up here once I dump them all.

Zeris on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Somewhere out there are pictures of an incredibly drunk foursome (the most recognizable being "MC Frontalot" and his guitarist Brandon/Black Lotus) temporarily joined by a few attendees with cameras whilst walking between hotels at around five in the morning.

Now that I remember that whole thing happening, I want to see them.

So if any of you happens to be that person or finds those, lemme know.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    kiss_my_toadstoolkiss_my_toadstool Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    kiss_my_toadstool on
  • Options
    AmleyaAmleya Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Here are my photos!

Friday Part 1 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24244&id=1733390938&l=4274c63b44
    Friday Part 2 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24246&id=1733390938&l=555ec323c6

Saturday Part 1 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24304&id=1733390938&l=36981b757a
    Saturday Part 2 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24307&id=1733390938&l=869ad50f95
    Saturday's Sega party http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24320&id=1733390938&l=31b72e1e03

Sunday Part 1 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24355&id=1733390938&l=8b66cd224c
    Sunday Part 2 http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24356&id=1733390938&l=2c184e0cf1

Anyone got a photo of me wearing this cosplay on Friday? It's a Sakura-con photo but same cosplay
    Sakura_con_2010_Noctis_by_Amleya.jpg

And did anyone get photos of these 2 on Saturday? It's me and my twin sister. Though if there was a 3rd white haired person with us, I'd love those photos too
    jackpot__devil_may_cry_cos__by_amleya-d2y4r99.jpg

Amleya on
    You can view my cosplays here! http://amleya.deviantart.com
  • Options
    UCLA_JukeboxUCLA_Jukebox Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Image dump time (>400 images in total)

http://uclajukebox.imgur.com/pax_prime_2010/
    http://uclajukebox2.imgur.com/pax_prime_2010/ (uploaded)

They're in reverse chronological order (cause imgur thinks that's logical...or something). The second one is the earlier pictures, covering everything from the PAX west coast train trip on throughout the show. I was at both the keynote speech and the Friday evening concert, but I have few pictures of these events as Benaroya Hall did not work well with my camera. No Omegathon, no panels.

My main focus with the pictures was to try and capture some kind of essence of PAX, so lots of pics of booths and crowds and cosplayers. As far as cosplayers go, I took photos of costumes that interested me, and since I'm a guy my interests caused me to take noticeably more photos of girls than dudes. This means that the dudes I did take pictures of had awsome costumes.

*edit - Amleya, I think I got a picture of those two in passing. Going down the escalators in the wireless freeplay area. If so, they'll be in my photo dump.

Oh, and for the parents of the mini mario and luigi...

6VvlAl.jpg
    (You can get the full sized photo somewhere in all those other photos)

Final note, Khoo is awsome

WSKTXl.jpg

UCLA_Jukebox on
  • Options
    AmleyaAmleya Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    *edit - Amleya, I think I got a picture of those two in passing. Going down the escalators in the wireless freeplay area. If so, they'll be in my photo dump.

Yes! Saw our trio xD That's us, thanks!

Amleya on
    You can view my cosplays here! http://amleya.deviantart.com
  • Options
    ThemagicmoogleThemagicmoogle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    LaKangaRue wrote: »
    @LaKangaRue

Oh hey, hot zombie chick! Yeah, that was us. I'm the one on the right. We had a pretty hardcore debate about it after we saw you the first day about it, and we decided that it does. You putting your two cents in sealed the deal though :p

Hahaha. What two cents? I don't remember what I said... D: lol. I'm not sure if you were even talking to me then but I answered! (I was the blond one)

Yeah, we asked you on the street on the last day I think, and you said yes. That might have been a "I can't hear what you're saying, but I'm going to respond anyway" answer though :p

Hehe, I remember now, by far the best question/comment made to me all weekend! I didn't think anyone would find me even remotely attractive when I looked that nasty/bloody. :p

Yup. Just like people, you can't judge a zombie by it's cover. Deep beneath the ripped clothing, splattered blood, and generally horrifying appearance laid a very attractive lady.

Themagicmoogle on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Zonugal is the best. I love my gay, pederast, bastard son!

I feel like I'm part of the family! Even if my nickname during the convention was Creepy Uncle Bad Touch.
    neville wrote: »
    Zonugal is the best. I love my gay, pederast, bastard son!

Steve Buscemi is my favorite pseudo gay ;3

Ladies... Men...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

WSKTXl.jpg

Lucky, I couldn't find him anywhere.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    S2000Gan wrote: »

WSKTXl.jpg

Lucky, I couldn't find him anywhere.

He made time for his special children

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/870101/SEplusplus2010PrimeLarge.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    LaKangaRueLaKangaRue Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Themagicmoogle- *blushes* You're quite the charmer :)

LaKangaRue on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I once chatted with Khoo for a few minutes at a comic convention.

I imagine that's it's harder for him to walk out in public during PAX.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Darn it! There's Creepy Uncle Bad Touch again! Look out Khoo!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wish there was a picture of the old Gamestop receipt next to the Duke Nukem demo.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Amleya wrote: »
    Here are my photos!
    And did anyone get photos of these 2 on Saturday? It's me and my twin sister. Though if there was a 3rd white haired person with us, I'd love those photos too
    jackpot__devil_may_cry_cos__by_amleya-d2y4r99.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive, I was the media type person in the wheelchair, I'll be putting it up on my site at some point in the near future.
    DSC01548.jpg

It even includes the 3rd person. Who is hiding behind the mask he found behind him right before I took the picture. I recall he only found the eyeholes after it was taken.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    MJPM wrote: »

zonugal isn't creepy, he's completely wonderful and a blast to hang out with

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SeatownstrikerSeatownstriker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok who dressed up as the killzone guys?

Seatownstriker on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MJPM wrote: »

zonugal isn't creepy, he's completely wonderful and a blast to hang out with

These are all true statements. Although from what I could remember when Khoo saw me before we took the photo he quietly uttered to himself, "Jesus Christ."

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DevotedToCHAOSDevotedToCHAOS Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Hey there!

Anyone have any pictures of Kasumi from DoA? That was me, a lot of people took pictures but I didn't get a chance to get pictures with my camera :).

Much appreciated

:D

DevotedToCHAOS on
  • Options
    ThemagicmoogleThemagicmoogle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Themagicmoogle- *blushes* You're quite the charmer :)

Hey, how often do I have a chance to talk to a cute zombie lady? Not very. You going to that Zombie con in late october?

Themagicmoogle on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Guys, this is a pictures thread. If you want to talk about Zombie cons, please take it to private message.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    HeatherlingHeatherling Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Working on getting all my photos up on Flickr.
    Day 1 is up now. 2 and 3 will be up either much later tonight or tomorrow!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heather_ling/sets/72157624789528979/

Heatherling on
  • Options
    dortimusdortimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just got all my costume photos up:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sexyhunk/PAX2010Costumes#

dortimus on
  • Options
    SassafrasSassafras Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You have some awesome pictures there!

My gallery: http://picasaweb.google.com/RocketJumpWaltz/PAX2010#

Sassafras on
  • Options
    KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsx4i2aAl3k

Next, the Make a Strip panel. So awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y6YsAhuV14

Now, for the concert series...First up...

The Protomen!!!

Anamanaguchi!

Metroid Metal!

And last but not least, the Minibosses!

Anyways, I worked REALLY hard on these pictures/videos over the last few days, so I hope you guys enjoy it. If you do, like it on Youtube or just leave some feedback, I'd love to hear it! Cheers!

KillerMcDead on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I took a few pictures. They are basically terrible, but here they are anyway!

My PAX Prime 2010 Gallery

Imperfect on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you all would be so kind, the Community DVD is always looking for user submitted photos and videos of any kind and quality! Check out this thread for info and please let us know. Aside from our own stuff, our project is essentially a big collaboration from the PAX community.

Now to actually go through the rest of this thread and see what you've all posted. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »

That was lemongrenades?! I saw him at the dinner, he looks so different in person! Haha

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That was lemongrenades?! I saw him at the dinner, he looks so different in person! Haha

The image I have of lemongrenades is him drunkenly looking scared as the owner of Neighbours Club was hitting on him as hard as as one homesexual could at the CCP Party. The terrified face in my mind overrides any picture I could ever take of him. ;)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    juju wrote: »

The image I have of lemongrenades is him drunkenly looking scared as the owner of Neighbours Club was hitting on him as hard as as one homesexual could at the CCP Party. The terrified face in my mind overrides any picture I could ever take of him. ;)

Yeah, I'm glad you don't have any digital images of that anywhere.

lemongrenades on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I thought the voidwalker was a girl?
    =/

adester on
  • Options
    XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone have any video clips of the Mike and Jerry question and answer sessions? I'd really like to see these.

Xalara on
  • Options
    KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xalara wrote: »
    Does anyone have any video clips of the Mike and Jerry question and answer sessions? I'd really like to see these.

My "Make a Strip Panel" video has a bit of Q/A in there. Not to mention Dickwolves and Hot Dog Fairies!

KillerMcDead on
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    juju wrote: »

Haha I think he mentioned something of that on the forums xD I was really hoping to hang out with a lot of the people that I saw on the forums. I recognized a lot of faces....but I'm just so damn shy!

BTW still no luck on any pictures of me or my friends :(

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey there!

Anyone have any pictures of Kasumi from DoA? That was me, a lot of people took pictures but I didn't get a chance to get pictures with my camera :).

Much appreciated

:D

AW!!! Crap, I LOVE DoA AWESOME Game
    wish I'd seen her costume :/

BTW still no luck on any pictures of me or my friends :(
    :( I hope SOMEONE has pics and puts em up for ya.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    LosarLosar Thane Vector, Rock Star Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Time for Fangamer's picture contribution!

First: Cosplayers
    Most of the cosplayers we saw were ones that visited our booth. We didn't have the camera ready for all of them, but we tried!

ebcrew.jpg
    Probably the most applicable crew, considering.

mother3falcon.jpg
    More MOTHER series cosplayers, though it's really the same people different day. Also, Captain Falcon.

backintimetothefinishline.jpg
    Yo Cap, that's not fair. You'll just time travel and finish the race ten minutes ago.

tf2crew.jpg
    A dedicated and creative TF2 group. Blue team has got to step up.

hopingforstarman.jpg
    Mario posing with the display square for our Question shirt design. It's probably just a coin, though.

The Fangamer Booth
    The entire booth was basically a public forum, so naturally people took the opportunity to discuss and tackle the prevalent problems in society today. Others enriched the world by contributing their fine artwork.

building.jpg
    Fangamer booth: some assembly required.

organizing.jpg
    The important thing to note here isn't what we're doing down there so much as where the photographer is.

backpackkid.jpg
    This. Is. Adorable.

hellotherelittlegirl.jpg
    I'm pretty sure this kid's drawing was better than some adults'.

ehsteve.jpg
    Say "eh!" to Steve!

ohnoringwraith.jpg
    The Exhibition Hall is funner when you jerks are gone. Just sayin'.

breakdown.jpg
    Tearing down the booth. Yes, those are vehicles in the Queue Room. At any time they could have opened the doors and you could have gotten run over by a car while standing in line. These are the dangers of PAX.

nowservinglunch.jpg
    Fangamer's box truck is a repurposed restaurant delivery truck or something. The face on the side is actually frightening in person.

Screwing around in the Exhibition Hall.
    While the booth was getting broken down, a couple of us ran around with our booth placeholder tag looking for photo opportunities.

backtothefuture.jpg
    Unfortunately, the DeLorean is a prima donna and was no longer available for photo ops.

sonic.jpg
    Fangamer and Sega! WOO!

squeenix.jpg
    Square-Enix was kind of a booth neighbor. It wasn't awkward at all.

tron.jpg
    You've enjoyed all the power you've been given, haven't you?

uhhtv.jpg
    Higuysphotoopokthxbai

wraith.jpg
    "Here guy, slay the pesky hobbit with this!"

fangamerbooth.jpg
    Some jerks!

goldeneye.jpg
    Oh hi Mr. Teamster!

hansolo.jpg
    Trying to be empathetic to Mr. Solo's plight.

hansolo2.jpg
    Han will endorse anything you hand him, so long as he's frozen in carbonite.

instantjam.jpg
    Jamming to the right~

nbajam.jpg
    ~Jamming to the left

rockband.jpg
    "What does this even say?"

samus.jpg
    Zero Suit Fangamer.

Losar on
    Isn't that informative!? Hooray!!
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Losar wrote: »
    ehsteve.jpg
    Say "eh!" to Steve!

HOLY SHIT IS THAT PLO?

WAS PLO AT PAX AND I MISSED HIM? :(:(:(

<-- Bakdu

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I created a compilation video for PAX 2010!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6MsgeBsSpE

Please share with anyone who might be interested!

Qorzm on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Qorzm wrote: »
    I created a compilation video for PAX 2010!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6MsgeBsSpE

Please share with anyone who might be interested!

:^:

although I'm surprised you didn't include any footage of The Keeper from the show at The Comet

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    adester wrote: »

I thought the voidwalker was a girl?
    =/

Was she? This was not explained to me, and it's not like voidwalkers have any genitalia to base this from. Voidwalkers in-game have always been "blue dudes", so...

Anyhow, I'll fix that.

Imperfect on
This discussion has been closed.