As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoH/V] i10 - This Is Our, Independence Day

• CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    You can find it here.
    I find it funny that one of the inventions is a baseball bat. What a breakthrough in science!

"Eureka! At last, through the power of science, we are capable of making a smooth stick!"

CyberJackal on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It's not the baseball bat or sledgehammer that's impressive, it's the way your character appearently stores it up his/her ass and is still able to walk.

Now, that's impressive science.

see317 on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    bat.jpg

I'm sorry. I could not resist. I only had one char in the proper crumple position, too. >.>

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited March 2007
    Science won't stop here. It will make bigger and bigger baseball bats. And, some day, it will create a baseball bat so big, it will destroy us all!

CyberJackal on
  • JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Anyone notice that science in Paragon City seems to revolve around solving Rubik's Cubes? Well, glowy virtual Rubik's Cubes... OF SCIENCE! :)

Actually, that hammer would be perfect for my Soviet-style Brute...

Edit: Now CyberJackal's got me wondering if they'll have boards with nails. :)

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If baseball bats and sledgehammers are the temp powers that we're considered worthy of putting in the video, the other ones must be lamer than a three legged dog.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    bat.jpg

I'm sorry. I could not resist. I only had one char in the proper crumple position, too. >.>

ha! That is great.

And I've gotta agree with Dys. They could have at least made the hammer glow with the power of lightening and made the baseball bat...not be a baseball bat.
    Of course I will retract my statement if this is an enchanted baseball bat with 100% chance to cause knockback, epic knockback that is 3xs as far as the average knockback. Now that is an invented power I could support.

Accualt on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I want to know what kind of beast of a machine they have that doesn't make 8 man parties turn into slideshows for their video.

:(

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• PbPb Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    KingsHand wrote: »
    I want to know what kind of beast of a machine they have that doesn't make 8 man parties turn into slideshows for their video.

:(

Man, my machine runs 8 man parties at about as high as I can set things.

AMD 3800X2
    7900 GT
    2 gigs RAM

Pb on
    edited March 2007
    I have a XPS Gen 2 laptop upgrade to 2gb ram and a 7800GTX and I get like 1fps at most in really flashy battles with 5 or more players. I even turned a lot of settings way the hell down to try to help; nothing.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    bat.jpg

ha! That is great.

And I've gotta agree with Dys. They could have at least made the hammer glow with the power of lightening and made the baseball bat...not be a baseball bat.
    Of course I will retract my statement if this is an enchanted baseball bat with 100% chance to cause knockback, epic knockback that is 3xs as far as the average knockback. Now that is an invented power I could support.

And when the bat results in a kill it sends the enemy flying to the edge of the map where it dissapears with a twinkley star animation.

Gear Girl on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    When the bat goes in, maybe I could resubscribe for a month, if we want to make a Rival Schools themed supergroup. ;)

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    If baseball bats and sledgehammers are the temp powers that we're considered worthy of putting in the video, the other ones must be lamer than a three legged dog.
    Maybe they put those ones in because they're the only ones that are done. The others, therefore, might be construed as better since they require more work to implement.

gurusloth on
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sorry to ask an old fav' again, but...

Does anyone know of a CoH trial thats current and will work in the UK?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2007
    gurusloth wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    Maybe they put those ones in because they're the only ones that are done. The others, therefore, might be construed as better since they require more work to implement.

You should be a politician.

doa.jpg

Accualt on
  • NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm curious as to how difficult it will be to get the salvage one needs to actually make something. I can't speak for anyone else, but in my experience the only time I've ever picked up salvage pieces at a fairly frequent rate is when my character was in Super Group mode. Any other time, I get a piece of salvage once in a blue moon.

As far as the baseball bat and hammer go, I'm not that worried about what the power looks like. I want to know how much damage they actually do in combat.

I want to see just how much we'll be able to augment characters with crafted temporary powers. It would be awesome to give say, a hefty defensive armor to my blaster or equip a scrapper with several long range attacks.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Judging from how much salvage drops in SG mode, the addition of an auction house to find what you need, and the fact that there's virtually nothing in CoX that's "hard" to get, I can't imagine there'll be any instance where you're farming for hours on end for a specific salvage for an invention.

From what I've read, different types of missions (normal missions, TF's, arcs, etc..) will each have individual recipe "pools", so if you're looking for something specific that drops in TF's and you don't really like TF's you will need to break down and just do it. I'm not sure if Recipes can be sold/bought in the Auction, or just salvage, it would be pretty nice if you could buy/sell them so that you don't have to go in and run a ton of times for something.

Another thing I read, and it easily could have been a misunderstanding is that when you finish something that gives a recipie you'll have a menu of choices similar to choosing your reward from coldtooth in the V-Day thing just past. So that makes it even easier to get what you're looking for.

Personally, the only things I've seen that I care much about is the robot wings for my blaster and any of the various craftable enhancements that don't degrade with level.

The Dude With Herpes on

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Recipes can be sold and traded. Also, I'd be really surprised if invention salvage was connected at all to SG mode.

Scooter on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So maybe in-SGmode frequent base salvage, out of SG more personal (invention) salvage)?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You should be a politician.
    Perhaps...but then I'd have to pretend to like people.

gurusloth on
    edited March 2007
    Nocren wrote: »
    So maybe in-SGmode frequent base salvage, out of SG more personal (invention) salvage)?

This is actually a question I would really like answered. Will they be seperate? If so will invention salvage drop in SG mode? At the same time as base salvage? Or cut off supply partly of base salvage or vice versa?

Gear Girl on
    edited March 2007
    I believe I heard that invention salvage is going to be separate from base salvage. I don't know if one will affect the other, but it seems like that would be the death of super groups if it did. Hell, with inf possibly being worth something soon, this may be the death of super groups regardless.

CyberJackal on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I figured its the same salvage.

Just when i9 hits everyone will get the same salvage drop rates.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
    edited March 2007
    Invention Salvage is separate from Base Salvage. If you open your Salvage screen in game right now, you'll see theres a Tab for Invention Salvage seperate from the others. Theres even going to be a way to convert one to the other, but no information about the conversion rate is out yet. If it sucks as bad as the Presitge-Inf conversion rate, it will be horrible.

Corvus on
    edited March 2007
    Totally unrelated to the discussion:

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but it's a web-based version of the character planner, simpler sure, but IMO that's better, I don't need 90% of the information given to me by the one I downloaded. Anyway, I guess you can make an account and save builds and stuff, browse other builds, whatever. Pretty cool IMO.

EDIT: If you want further information on a skill click the little "i" by it. The only thing it doesnt seem to do is calculate what enh's you put in slots. Maybe it does and I just don't see it.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited March 2007
    Late breaking news! Cryptic may have more than one animator.
    _Castle_ wrote:
    Back on topic, we're exploring the idea of giving a Red Name to one of the animation guys, but he has to accept it, and management has to approve it.

Accualt on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Late breaking news! Cryptic may have more than one animator.
    _Castle_ wrote:
    Back on topic, we're exploring the idea of giving a Red Name to one of the animation guys, but he has to accept it, and management has to approve it.

Oh God, that poor man. He is going to be fucking inundated.

Regina Fong on
    edited March 2007
    Now, the question is, can any of them dance.

Corvus on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wallhitter on
    edited March 2007
    Corvus on
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So yea, anyone that can get on test should join the PA channel.

Lep on
    edited March 2007
    Speaking of which, everyone may want to try to get in. I've been reading about folks on the forums trying to log in and getting in, despite not having received an invitation.

Corvus on
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have been blocked from test. No good.

Arcas on
    edited March 2007
    Arcas wrote: »
    I have been blocked from test. No good.

Gear Girl on
    edited March 2007
    Meh, it's been there for what, almost 2 weeks now? It'll be out of closed beta soon enough I bet.

The Dude With Herpes on

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guys, starting from the 21st (whatever ncsoft considers the 21st, probably my 22nd sometime) I'll be away for a month, maybe less. In 2 weeks from then we are moving house, and the net usually takes a week or so to be reconnected, maybe more, plus I'll need to wait till I have the spare money after moving, always a financially stressful time. I don't feel like paying a months fee for half a month so I'm just gonna stop now and take the 2 weeks till the move to catch up on some uni work and pack, clean this house etc. There's always my gaming backlog to keep me from being bored. :)

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited March 2007
    I'm curious when you would want to raise your mission difficulty? Like, any time you're in a team, or a certain level or what?

Does it just raise the mob levels?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    KingsHand wrote: »
    I'm curious when you would want to raise your mission difficulty? Like, any time you're in a team, or a certain level or what?

Does it just raise the mob levels?
    Depends on AT, but my rule of thumb is,

Bump it up 1 level at 12 when you get DO's.

Bump it up again at 22 when you get SO's.

Bump it up again when you hit mid 30's and you have your cornerstone powers fully slotted.

Snake Gandhi on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't touch it til I get SOs. After that, just increase it whenever things seem too easy. Or if you're doing a lower-leveled mish.

Of course, with SG mode I don't buy any enhancements at all til I get SOs, either.

Scooter on
    edited March 2007
    Heroic- +0/+1 normal spawns. Bosses don't spawn solo. Arch Villains spawn as EBs with 5 or less on team.
    Tenacious- +0/+1 big spawns. Bosses spawn normally. Arch Villains spawn as EBs with 4 or less on team.
    Rugged- +1/+2 normal spawns. Bosses spawn normally. Arch Villains spawn as EBs with 3 or less on team.
    Unyielding- +1/+2 big spawns. Bosses spawn normally. Arch Villains spawn as EBs with 2 or less on team.
    Invincible- +2/+3 normal spawns. Bosses spawn normally. Arch Villains never spawn as EBs.

Gear Girl on
This discussion has been closed.