Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Acquisitions Incorporated gave us the bug

ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
My fiancée and I have been interested in playing D&D for awhile now, but the panel at PAX really put the bug in us. We could always play together, but it would be a lot more entertaining if we were part of a group. We're in NOVA, but being transplants, neither of us knows anyone outside of our respective offices. How can we go about finding people to play with? Weekend meetings would be awesome, but we don't really have time to start until after the wedding next month.

Any advice?

Artereis on
steam_sig.png

• Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Find out if your town has a comic/game shop.

Most will run different games almost every day of the week.

Even if they don't, it would be a great place to throw up a flyer saying your looking for people to game with.

• Red RaevynRed Raevyn Ooga booga booga Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think a comic/game shop is a good idea. There are also websites for it. I remember some webcomic putting up a link to a cleverly named website specifically for finding a tabletop group, but I don't remember it. In briefly trying to find it I came across this, which looks promising but I can't vouch for.

• psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pen and Paper games is a good resource for finding folks in your area to play.

“Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • janesongjanesong Registered User
    edited September 2010
    My husband and I have also caught the bug. Thanks for the links above. We don't know of anyone who would want to join us locally in the Vancouver BC area.

I just started listening to the podcasts as I am totally new to this world. It is awesome to experience this new game with Mike.

This discussion has been closed.