As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Chat] On the Block

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm immediatly skeptical about notions of who it is "okay" to look down upon.

If you left the turtles alone I'd stop giving you shit.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It's okay to look down on Mazzy and VH.

It's also okay to look down on bad DM's.

:mrgreen:

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    aight

time to get back to setting things up

woop woop

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I need to practice my Bepop impression for next year.

Silas Brown on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    That's... nice I guess. It isn't really what I was talking about though.

i mean i guess i am saying that i think it's okay to dislike pot/ look down on potheads even if you drink alcohol.

i guess in the same way that it's okay to be a pothead and still look down on, like, glueheads or tweakers

you know will's old when he says "glueheads"

He's like the secretary from Ferris Bueller.

do they not have glueheads anymore?

i remember glueheads kicking around santa fe. it was a really bad addiction because basically their ability to be lucid kind of inverted to the point that they'd kind of just shamble around and gibber until they took a hit from their bag.

and then they'd have a minute or two of lucidity, where they could talk to you and remember your name and stuff, which would then start to kind of trail off and then they'd go back to being an animal zombie.

man glueheads were no joke

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

i mean i guess i am saying that i think it's okay to dislike pot/ look down on potheads even if you drink alcohol.

i guess in the same way that it's okay to be a pothead and still look down on, like, glueheads or tweakers

The drug hierarchy is very clearly demarcated

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010
    Moriiiii

I need to start sharing horoscopes with you

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

It's only okay if you are okay with being a complete hypocrite, I guess.

MikeMan on
    edited September 2010

Did Casey Jones give you some shit? I saw him at the show.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Hahah, honestly I may have bitten off more than I could chew with the whole D&D&D&D thing.

I've been considering just calling the whole thing off, though I'd feel bad about it. Hell, I'm not even unpacked from PAX yet. And looking a head I'm not going to have much of any free time for myself over the next 3 days or so.

Inquisitor on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SHORT JOKE

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    3.3 liters of beer still isn't 'a little'

I was joking

but it's not like, huge amounts of beer either

Well, right but it's certainly enough to put someone over the legal limit if you're talking about that much in 2-3 hours, at least in the states.

You shouldn't drink and drive anyway.

Under any conditions.

Ever.

Well, um, I know?

Point being the legal limit is generally a reasonable basis for whether or not someone has consumed enough to be impaired.

HappylilElf on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Dude Casey Jones was a baller. That dude could stay in character like a mother fucker. I wanted to go fight crime with him.

amateurhour on
    edited September 2010
    gooey i'll play sc2 with you

MikeMan on
    edited September 2010
    also

I should probably ask for someone for the spare spot for Mage: [chat] Awakening

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010

Hahah, honestly I may have bitten off more than I could chew with the whole D&D&D&D thing.

I've been considering just calling the whole thing off, though I'd feel bad about it. Hell, I'm not even unpacked from PAX yet. And looking a head I'm not going to have much of any free time for myself over the next 3 days or so.

Can someone else DM? I mean it's a starting campaign, I'm sure someone would like to run it if you can't...

amateurhour on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    bleeeeeeUuuuughhghgh

yesterday and the day before were really late nights coding followed by very little sleep. I feel like crap.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Whatever happened to the mescaline addicts of my youth? Nowadays we have terribly rude drug addicts high on crack, toting a machine gun. Standards have fallen so.

Bogart on
    edited September 2010

Dude Casey Jones was a baller. That dude could stay in character like a mother fucker. I wanted to go fight crime with him.

I just screamed at him "Six Runs!" and he walked off, I guess he was busy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    3.3 liters of beer still isn't 'a little'

I was joking

but it's not like, huge amounts of beer either

Well, right but it's certainly enough to put someone over the legal limit if you're talking about that much in 2-3 hours, at least in the states.

You shouldn't drink and drive anyway.

Under any conditions.

Ever.

Well, um, I know?

Point being the legal limit is generally a reasonable basis for whether or not someone has consumed enough to be impaired.
    I wouldn't call that "drunk" though.

After two beers consumed quickly I'm pretty sure I'd blow a .07. That doesn't mean I'm "drunk." Being unable to drive safely does not mean drunk, it usually just means tipsy.

MikeMan on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the mescaline addicts of my youth? Nowadays we have terribly rude drug addicts high on crack, toting a machine gun. Standards have fallen so.

I long for the opium dens of yore.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2010
    Man I'm dreading 1:30 when I have to get on a virtual support with a client and try to fix a really fucked up machine.

I'm like counting the minutes, literally.

amateurhour on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010

It's only okay if you are okay with being a complete hypocrite, I guess.

i guess i don't see there being some sort of necessary common cause among drug-takers, and i think it's okay to think that some drugs are worse and some are better, and i think it's okay to dislike the cultures surrounding different drugs.

i mean, would you go to bat for crack or huffing gasoline or shooting heroin and their associated subcultures?

fwiw. i think that pot should probably be legal, but i still would dislike it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    But on the plus side I've met some people who work on those Microsoft Surface tables and am getting to fiddle around with some code for them. Aparently they run WPF (with a custom control set) or Silverlight.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited September 2010

Can someone else DM? I mean it's a starting campaign, I'm sure someone would like to run it if you can't...

Well if you guys can find a DM you guys are more than welcome to do whatever you want. I just am too busy. I guess I should make an official post/apology about this in the main thread. Actually, a PM would be more effective.

Inquisitor on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MikeMan I friend'd you on StarCraft 2. I was going to invite you to a game, but then I saw you were bronze and I was all, SHUN

TL DR on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't mind being around drunk people at all. If they regularly get so drunk that I need to care for them, I get annoyed.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bogart wrote: »

We never had the exotic addicts in my youth. Booze was the local drug of choice. The usual selection of stoners, a couple of paint huffers and the odd serious drug users who liked Coke. The hardest thing I had easy access too was Extacy and that isn't exactly the world's most hard core drug. Oh and a couple of amphetamine users.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    i guess probably meth has kind of taken over for glue in terms of "what kind of dehabilitating drug you have access to if you live way the fuck out in the sticks"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am going to attempt to play SC2 on this laptop with multiple people, sitting at what is basically a coffee table.

Be there in a couple minutes, I have to restart my computer.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Drunks are approximately a hundred times worse than potheads.

The worst I'd ever had to deal with from any pothead was a mild pot smell (which isn't exactly fair because I kind of enjoy it but let's count it as a negative) and overaffection.

The worst I've dealt with with drunks is belligerence, aggression, and just blinding stupidity.

I mean, it's pretty clear which is worse if you're going to judge.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited September 2010
    MikeMan I friend'd you on StarCraft 2. I was going to invite you to a game, but then I saw you were bronze and I was all, SHUN

i fucked up and won most of my placement matches and they put me in gold

now i'm trying to figure what i have to do in order to get downranked

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    I'll say that I've been in a lot more fights from alcohol than pot.

The only pot fights I've seen is when the new guy coughs into the bowl and loses the weed.

amateurhour on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    One story about a famed drug user at school was that he sprinkled speed on his cornflakes. This was almost certainly a lie, but it added a nice touch of domesticity to his habit.

Bogart on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I seriously doubt that there has ever been a mescaline addict.

TL DR on
    edited September 2010
    oh shit

google chrome has a page display like safari does

big plus there

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited September 2010

I'll second this, only because I tried it once, a lot of it, and fucking never want to come near it or anyone that does it ever again. Worst 14 hours of my life.

amateurhour on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll say that I've been in a lot more fights from alcohol than pot.

The only pot fights I've seen is when the new guy coughs into the bowl and loses the weed.

"Damn ... dumbass ... fuck! Look what you did!"

"What?"

*punches the guy lazily and ineffectually, then decides actually beating him up is too much effort*

desc on
    edited September 2010
    I've never been in a fight from alcohol or weed.

You crazy kids.

Inquisitor on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010

Probably because it's not addictive in most capacities.

I mean, I loved LSD and shrooms when I was young but I refuse to take them now.

Sheep on
This discussion has been closed.