As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Day is the prettiest man

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    HD isn't that bad. He's no Day[9], but there are worse casters hanging around.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You don't seem to get the point that I am arguing.

No one should care that Idra lost.

There was no money on the line, who cares.

He legitimately lost (I assume, I didn't actually watch the video), get over it.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SLyM wrote: »

It's not that he's technically good or bad at casting, it's that he's annoying to listen to.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TheStig wrote: »

It's not that he's technically good or bad at casting, it's that he's annoying to listen to.

plus its fun to hate people with minimal reason

<3 internet

Franko on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    haters

gonna

hate

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

and emphasizes random words or parts of words

and isoldae you're still not getting it. I don't give a shit that idra lost. The point is there's nothing worth watching in that replay. Nothing cool happens, the only reason it got casted is a little name beat a big name in a single random match

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I found the worst caster poking around TL steams at 1AM last night. Nasally as fuck guy and really annoying girl. It was a pretty interesting PvZ but I just couldn't stand them.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I WILL MURDER HIM! Because his free to watch videos that he posts on youtube aren't of the highest quality!

TheStig on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I WILL MURDER HIM! Because his free to watch videos that he posts on youtube aren't of the highest quality!

H TO THE USKY HUSKY HERE

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I found the worst caster poking around TL steams at 1AM last night. Nasally as fuck guy and really annoying girl. It was a pretty interesting PvZ but I just couldn't stand them.

worse than crota?

i dont think its possible

edit: slurp nasally voice slurp

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I found a cool caster on TL the other day.

His voice was making love to my ears, but I don't remember his name.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah HD isn't too bad. husky is kind of ugh though because he just never stops talking.

the worst is that catarina girl

Jars on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I didn't stick around long enough to find out who it was. It was really quite awful though.

SLyM on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wait out of husky and hd, which is the white one and which is the asian one? I hate the white guy and the other dudes alright

Franko on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hd is asian

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    HD is fine in the same way that John Madden is fine.

"Well, he's building 3 raxes right now, so he's probably going to build some barracks units fairly soon".

Except he'll call the raxes factories.

Also, I definitely forgot how to play. I lost to a medium AI computer. Or gged out after losing a counter-push army. I need to go over my builds like crazy.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    zergings

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh well I take it back HDs alright by me

damned if I don't hate that husky though

Franko on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was trying to go Roach/Ling opening.

I took drones out of gas when I had 100 for speed to get the expand up.

I forgot to put them back in. Then I forgot to build a second gas. My main was oversaturated and my natural had like 4 drones. I also had no gas at my natural.

I think I've rediscovered copper league.

My micro was almost entirely unaffected though... that was nice, I almost won just from micro anyways.

Khavall on
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    HD had a video during the beta where a terran was using a lot of banshees

except HD kept pronouncing it ban-CHEESE and I wanted to die

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Frylock are you going to play Cataclysm

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Where can I watch foxer vids to masturbate to

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Frylock are you going to play Cataclysm

maybe during school breaks

maybe not at all

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you've got more maybes than a honey farm in the spring

Franko on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I remember for a while when the beta before I got into the beta (smugface) HD was really the only place to get good quality videos of SC2. That's pretty much why he's well known.

SLyM on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zerg suddenly seems to be the new Terran. I'm okay with that.

Platy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I remember for a while when the beta before I got into the beta (smugface) HD was really the only place to get good quality videos of SC2. That's pretty much why he's well known.

literally the only reason he got fame was he was the first guy to put up 1080p footage of his game

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

literally the only reason he got fame was he was the first guy to put up 1080p footage of his game
    yeah I've said this before

HD means "high definition".

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »

yeah I've said this before

HD means "high definition".

I feel like this quote tree is made up of incredibly obvious information.

I totally started it though.

SLyM on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Slasher wrote: »
    sc2_dallas_600.jpg

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE LIVE STREAM (Goes live Friday at 5:00 PM CST)

Hey guys, this is Slasher, co-host of Live On Three with djWHEAT and SirScoots, and as I've done on the forums before for other events such as MLG Raleigh, MLG DC, IEM NYC and the EG Masters Cup, I will be providing live coverage from the floor of this weekend's MLG Dallas National Championships. I hope you liked the shoutouts at the previous events, with more coming this weekend! I'll even be giving away MLG HD packages to two PennyArcade forum members in a two separate contests which are detailed below.

But first, info about the tournament!

The event is being streamed live all weekend with commentary by Sean "Day9" Plott, Marcus "djWHEAT" Graham, and JP McDaniel.

MLG DC champion Greg "EG.IdrA" Fields (USA, Z) will be on hand to defend his title against MLG DC 2nd place finisher Kyung Hyun "d.SeleCT" (USA/Korea, T) Ryooa and a slew of opponents from around the globe. TeamLiquid has sent their entire team to the event including star German player Dario "TLO" Wünsch (T/Z) and Swedes Hayder "HayprO" (Z) Hussein and Jonathan "Jinro" Walsh (T) who have been in Korea for GSL, MLG Raleigh champion and mothership rusher Chris "HuK" Loranger (Canada, P), along with Jos "Ret" de Kroon (Netherlands, Z) and Tyler "NonY" Wasieleski (USA, P).

Other first-time MLG attendees include fnatic stars IEM North American champion Jian Carlo "Fenix" Morayra Alejo (Peru, T), and the impressive Yang "Sen" Chia Cheng (Taiwan, Z).

The Americans will look to defend their home turf with Root gaming's strong lineup of Kevin "qxc" Riley (USA, T), Jonathan "KiWiKaKi" Garneau (Canada, P) and Paul-David "SLush" Pagé (Canada, Z) and EG's Bryce "Machine" Bates (USA, Z), Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson (USA, P), and Jacob "LzGamer" Winstead (USA, T).

Other notable names to look out for include MLG Raleigh third place finisher Giacomo "Socke" Thüs (Germany, P), GSL participant Trevor "TorcH" Housten (USA, T) and YouTube caster Alex "HDStarcraft" Do (USA).

Stream Schedule (All times listed in local CST time. EST is +1, PST is -2, CET is +7, KST is +14)

Friday:
    5:00 PM CST - 5:30 PM CST (6:00 PM EST, 00:00 CET) Pre-Show
    5:30 PM - 9:30 PM Winners Round 1
    9:30 PM - 11:30 PM Winners Round 2

Saturday:
    10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Losers Round 1
    12:00 PM - 12:30 PM Lunch Break
    12:30 PM - 2:30 PM Losers Round 2
    2:30 PM - 3:30 PM Winners Round 3
    3:30 PM - 4:30 PM Losers Round 3
    4:30 PM - 5:30 PM Losers Round 4
    5:30 PM - 6:00 PM Dinner Break
    6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Winners Round 4 / Losers Round 5
    7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Losers Round 6
    8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7

Sunday:
    10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Losers Round 8
    11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9
    12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Losers Round 10
    1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Winners Finals / Losers Round 11
    2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Losers Finals
    3:30 PM - 5:00 PM Finals

A full player list including seedings can be found here: http://www.mlgpro.com/content/page/319045/Idra-Huk-Kiwikaki-and-TLO-Headline-2010-StarCraft-2-National-Championships-in-Dallas - Brackets are not released until 30 minutes before the start of the tournament.

MLG HD GIVEAWAYS!

1. As was seen at MLG Raleigh (http://imgur.com/7Ni5u.png), I incorporated the Rage/Troll/etc faces into the live cast, tastefully done I thought especially since Day does a great job with them and the context they're in. For this weekend's event I would like to use some Starcraft-themed faces for the casters to use. Photoshop together your funniest/witty rage/troll/happy faces and I'll give you a MLG HD key, use the face on stream and give you the love. Reddit has already created some of their own faces which are pretty good, so get to it! This contest ends at the very end of Friday where I will pick the best one or two.

Banetroll: RNywDs.jpg
    Meraudertroll: F9XASs.jpg
    Zealrage: nL9Azs.jpg

2. Guess which notable player will be knocked down into the losers bracket or eliminated entirely within the first day. You will not know the brackets until 30 minutes before the tournament, but take your best shot on who you think will underperform. This contest ends as soon as the matches are underway Friday.

RESPOND WITH @SLASHER AND THEN YOUR ANSWER OR IMAGE! YOU MAY ENTER BOTH CONTESTS.

Those wanting to purchase MLG HD can do so for $10 at http://www.mlgpro.com/live/purchaseHD.

Those wanting to come spectate the event in person can do so for $25 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, Texas.

It's on right now, complete with terrible echo.

edit: TO FIX THE ECHO

turn down the volume on the player in your browser all the way.

TheStig on
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    But how do I fix my huge boner for Day9?

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you say that like it's a bad thing.

TheStig on
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was fixing to go out but now I kinda want to stay home and watch this. This is the problem.

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ooh Sen

edit: eugh, the quality on this stream is not very good. I don't remember it being quite as bad at the first the MLG thing in Raleigh

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's annoying how he's constantly selecting units over and over.

Platy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's annoying how he's constantly selecting units over and over.

how do you mean

its just so there's always something on the bottom and to see upgrades

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Anyone have a link to the player that doesn't need the plugin thing?

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is maybe the worst quality stream I have ever seen.

rhylith on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I found a restream of the MLG stream on TL.

You won't have to download the plugin thing, but the quality isn't that great.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TUski

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
This discussion has been closed.