As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trivial but annoying: WMP and IE8 (SOLVED)

AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently got an iphone to test out, and as such I had to install itunes and quicktime.

I have a web-based voicemail page that I open in IE8. Previous to installing quicktime, when I clicked on one of the voicemails it would launch windows media player (if it wasn't open), and play the wav file there. After quicktime, it would load a page in the browser with the very basic control bar. I set WMP as the default for all file types in it's settings and now when I click on a VM it asks me if I want to open or save it, but either takes me to the save dialog.

Any idea where the box I need to check is? I guess I could reinstall WMP...

I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
AtomBomb on

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    1) Right click a .wav file
    2) Click on Properties
    3) Click on "Change" where it says "Opens with"
    4) Choose WMP

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I feel dumb that I didn't already check that, but upon doing so it is already set to open with WMP. However, I did notice that when I'm prompted to download the message.wav file, it lists its type as "QuickTime Control Object".

Unrelated, but you're totally right with your apartment deposit math :)

AtomBomb on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can't win em all!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Uninstalled quicktime and all is right again. Not a perfect solution, but I'm not willing to dedicate much time to it. Thanks!

AtomBomb on
This discussion has been closed.