Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[ROUND 7] Last Night on Earth... a Zombie Boardgame!

SkyCaptainSkyCaptain Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Critical Failures
Last Night on Earth
a Zombie Game hosted by SkyCaptain about the Apocalypse of Tomorrow

What is it?

Last Night on Earth is a survival horror board game for up to four players and a Host, that pits small-town Heroes head-to-head against a never-ending horde of Zombies. A modular board randomly determines the layout of the town at the start of each game and there are several different scenarios to play, adding to the replayability of Last Night on Earth. It is a fast paced game with easy to learn rules that allows players to jump right into the action, while strategic depth and strong cooperative Play keeps the game interesting.

http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonearth/
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29368/last-night-on-earth-the-zombie-game

How do I play?

By declaring your intention to sign up or be added to the reserve list... however, you must be able to complete your turn every weekday for up to 17 turns. If you miss two days in a row or four non-consecutive days at any point during the game, you will be replaced by the first available player on the reserve list. Reserve players will have 12 hours to respond to the invitation before the next player on the list will be invited to play. Each day, you will declare whether you move or search and any cards you intend to play. Due to the nature of playing a board game over the internet, the rules will be modified to better suit the format and to keep gameplay interruptions to a minimum.

The Rules

The Heroes
Spoiler:

Scenarios
Spoiler:

Items
Spoiler:

Fight
Spoiler:

Setup
Spoiler:

Turn Order
Spoiler:

SkyCaptain on
The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition

• SkyCaptainSkyCaptain Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Player List
    Active Players
    1. romanqwerty (Johnny)
    2. lodwilk (Jenny)
    3. Darian (Father Joseph)
    4. TimFiji (Becky)

Reserve Players
    1. [strike]jdarksun[/strike]
    2. DasUberEdward
    3. El Skid
    4. Raneados

Hero Card List
    Spoiler:

Zombie Card List
    Spoiler:

The Game Board
    Spoiler:

• romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    edited September 2010
    I'll give this a shot

!Signup

DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Reserve up; ready and willing to play if needed

• TimFijiTimFiji Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    All sign ups are heroes and you run the zombies or can signups be zombies too?

e: ignore, just read the setup.

!signup

NNID: Archpriest
    3DS: 5112-3442-2082
    Kid Icarus, MK7, Heroes of Ruin, Mario Tennis, Colors: 3D
    edited September 2010
    I think for it to work as a forum game, the Host needs to run the zombies. At least for the first game until I see how well it works online. Will update this thread more tomorrow. Had my D&D game tonight.

• RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll reserve

I meant to yesterday but I was hesitant about commiting, but fuck it, I'll make time

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited September 2010
    Now that I have more people showing up, do you think I should replace dead Heroes with a player from the reserve list to allow more people to play or allow the original player to draw a new Hero from the ones remaining?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll reserve.

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Now that I have more people showing up, do you think I should replace dead Heroes with a player from the reserve list to allow more people to play or allow the original player to draw a new Hero from the ones remaining?

Replace dead heroes with someone on the reserve list and add the dead player to the end of the reserve list.

edited September 2010

Replace dead heroes with someone on the reserve list and add the dead player to the end of the reserve list.

Ah, that's an elegant solution indeed.

edited September 2010
    yeah that's a good way to keep everyone in the game, keep switching them out

until they say they don't want to play anymore

people get their chance

plus I'll get to play

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sure, I'll sign up, reserving if there's no space.

This doesn't exactly seem time-intensive :P

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
    edited September 2010
    oh geez sky, <3s

edited September 2010
    Updated the first post with the list of heroes. Working on the scenarios now.

edited September 2010
    Scenarios and Zombie Deck up. Heroes next. I'll take pictures of the game board or something tomorrow. Maybe make a mock-up in photoshop since I don't have a scanner.

Heroes deck done. Just about ready to give this a test run.

edited September 2010
    Alright, I finally got the pictures of the game board taken. Cropping and adjusting them at the moment and will create links for them later.

edited September 2010
    are we deciding on a scenario or are you picking that

edit: or are the active players deciding

edited September 2010
    It's random.

edited September 2010
    billy, the sheriff's son, is female?

edited September 2010
    Hey man it's the zombie apocalypse. Who are we to judge?

edited September 2010
    Scenario: Kill 'Em All (15 turns left)
    Heroes: Becky (TimFiji), Father Joseph (Darian), Jenny (lodwilk), Johnny (romanqwerty)

Hero Locations
    -- Becky (Hospital, A3)
    -- Father Joseph (Church, K4)
    -- Jenny (Farmhouse, D12)
    -- Johnny (Gym, K9)

Zombie Locations
    -- No zombies yet...

Round 1 - Zombies
    Step 1: Spawn new zombies...: 2d6 :: 7

Step 2: Draw Cards
    -- PLAY IMMEDIATELY: My God They've Taken Over...: 2#1d6 5 6 THE GYM. Four zombies shamble into the gym (K9, K10, L9, L10) and quickly attack Johnny. Players may not SEARCH inside the Gym.

Step 3: Move Zombies
    -- Z9 to K9
    -- Z10 to K9
    -- Z11 to K9

FIGHT!
    Zombies attack Johnny (Z8, Z9, Z10, Z11): 4#1d6 6 1 2 2
    Johnny attacking Zombies: 4#2d6 6 7 4 9

Johnny grabs a chair left by Bobby Knight and hurls it across the Gym, taking out a zombie (Z10) as its head is caved in. Behind him, another zombie (Z8) lurches out from behind the bleachers, but Johnny smashes its head in with a cheerleader's baton. The baton is bends and gets stuck in the gory remains of the fallen zombie, ripping it out of the quarterback's hands.

Step 4: Place Zombies / Ending Locations
    - Z1: A1
    - Z2: A12
    - Z3: L1
    - Z4: L7
    - Z5: A1
    - Z6: A12
    - Z7: L1
    - Z9: K9
    - Z11: K9

Zombie Kill Count: 2 of 15

Players may now take their turns on a first come, first serve basis. Please make a post claiming your turn and then edit it with your actions. If you search, roll 1d36 (or the max number of cards left) on Orokos.com, compare the result to the card list and re-roll any results taken by other players. If you move and move into a square with zombies, you must immediately stop moving and fight the zombies.

The HEROES turn ends Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 at 7:00 am. I will endeavor to get the Hero Card list updated with a link to what the cards do as quickly as possible. I totally forgot to bring the deck to work tonight.

edited September 2010
    are you going to be updating the board with zombie + hero locations + etc at all should we be keeping track of that?

edited September 2010
    Updating via posts for now. Until I figure out something better. Also, make all rolls in the Zombie Board Game campaign please.

edited September 2010
    by the way I post a lot and ask a lot of questions

edited September 2010
    Scenario: Kill 'Em All (15 turns left)

Hero Locations
    -- Becky (Hospital, A3)
    -- Father Joseph (Church, K4)
    -- Jenny (Farmhouse, D12)
    -- Johnny (Gym, K9)

Zombie Locations
    - Z1: A1
    - Z2: A12
    - Z3: L1
    - Z4: L7
    - Z5: A1
    - Z6: A12
    - Z7: L1
    - Z9: K9
    - Z11: K9

Round 1 - Johnny's Turn
    Step 1:Moving: 1d6 4
    Johnny will move 4 squares, K9 to K10 to K11 to J12 to I12

Zombie Kill Count: 2 of 15

Also it would be helpful if you updated the map with markers (or even letters overlayed in Paint) at the end of each zombie turn, to show us where heroes and zombies are without having to go back and forth between the map and text countless times.

edited September 2010
    Just so you know... you can still search inside the High School, you just can't search in the Gym. If you'd like, you can move back to J12.

edited September 2010
    Just so you know... you can still search inside the High School, you just can't search in the Gym. If you'd like, you can move back to J12.

Yes i realize that, but i figured moving away from zombies and maybe trying to meet up with people (via the diner) is more of a priority than searching.

edited September 2010
    Ok. Updated with new map. Gonna be a pain in the ass if I make a mistake hah.

• ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pssst!
    The HEROES turn ends Wednesday, September 23rd, 2010 at 7:00 am.

Does the turn end Wednesday, the 22nd, or Thursday, the 23rd? I assume the latter given the cutoff time...

edited September 2010
    Thanks, tis fixed.

• TimFijiTimFiji Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TEAM BECKY!

Search: 1d36 = 13

Give me the fire axe!!!

I think that's my turn. No zombies in the square, no exchanges. etc.

NNID: Archpriest
    3DS: 5112-3442-2082
    Kid Icarus, MK7, Heroes of Ruin, Mario Tennis, Colors: 3D
    edited September 2010
    Jenny

Search: [URL="[url=http://4e.orokos.com/roll/27077]Hero deck[/url]: [u]1d35[/u] [b]29[/b]"]Hero deck: 1d35 29

So apparently Jenny is in the farmhouse with Principal Gomez. How suspicious.

Map Updated Hero deck
    Spoiler:

edited September 2010
    Out of curiosity... do the numbers in the Hero Deck mean anything? If they mean what I think they mean (extra copies of those cards), then you should remake that list with each copy on a separate line. Otherwise, you have too low a chance of finding those items and too high a chance of finding singleton cards.

edited September 2010
    Ah, that's true... didn't consider that when I was writing that list up at who knows what time in the morning at work.

edited September 2010
    Ok, updated the card lists with all the information about the Hero cards (it's fucking messy right now) and put multiples on a line of their own.

edited September 2010
    Just waiting on Darian to take his turn and I'll do the zombies round 2.

edited September 2010
    Sorry about that; for some reason, I thought I was a reserve here. Actually - El Skid did a full sign up - you want the slot?

edited September 2010
    Ah, I took green posts in order and since you said you were willing to play... I put you on the list.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Sorry about that; for some reason, I thought I was a reserve here. Actually - El Skid did a full sign up - you want the slot?

jdark actually signed up before me- he should probably get the spot before I do (not that I don't want it)

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil