As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Minecraft - There is no sound, Drop to refresh durability, That's a spawn cage

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What is the point of this?

Build stuff?

Is mp like an mmo or like ... you and pals or what?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That second one should work? If you're desperate - hand bash some rocks to get 3 for a pick?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    What is the point of this?

Build stuff?

Is mp like an mmo or like ... you and pals or what?

Build Stuff and avoid beasties (beasties optional). MP = Build stuff with mates.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fallingman wrote: »
    That second one should work? If you're desperate - hand bash some rocks to get 3 for a pick?

You can hand-bash rocks,but you don't get any resources out of it.

Did you take all your sticks OUT of the workbench? It won't craft anything new if there's something in the craft slot.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    planks in 789, not raw wood or sticks.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »

Shit yes. Thanks. This is even better than the one I was using last night.

Yellow Ranger on
    sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OK I'm an idiot. I don't know what happened to my planks, but I was dealing with raw wood and SOIL, not planks. X__X Yeah you can't really dig up some dirt and put it on the end of a stick and expect that to do much.

I'm tooled up now.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If I want to take my single-player save file to work, what do I copy?

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    If I want to take my single-player save file to work, what do I copy?

On Win7:

Users/Username/ApData/Roaming/.minecraft/saves

Also good for backing up your more awesome worlds.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Actually now I'm kinda wishing that worked -- soil on a stick. Make it disintegrate after you use it once. :-)

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I wish I could DO something with dirt. I have 2 large chests filled with that stuff! :(

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So how do I

not die

Because I've done that twice now and lost my entire world and I had a pretty decent little house going the second time

Don't really feel like losing everything because some spider bounced me against a wall and stunlocked me until I died

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AverniAverni Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So i've been fiddling around in this, and have a couple questions:

1. Is there a good way to find creepers? I'd like to start dynamite mining, but I have a grand total of 3 gunpowder.

2. do iron doors block lava?

3. Why do i have such a hard time finding iron compared to redstone?

4. when i see videos of people that have huge trees, are they planting trees right next to each other or are they building them by hand?

5. Is it really already 5:30 PST on sunday?

Averni on
    LoL Summoner: Keredar
    575468-1.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You use dirt as scaffolding because it's easy to take down and isn't affected by gravity like gravel and sand.

If you find redstone, make a compass so you can get a bearing while underground. Sometimes I find cave systems so deep I can't figure out how to get back out. Using my compass, I found a cave system that took me 3 hours to explore had somehow traveled back to my spawn. It was weird traveling so far and ending up back at the beginning by digging out.

Compass;

_ I _
    I R I
    _ I _

I=iron ingot (smelt iron ore)
    _=empty
    R= redstone.

There are difficulty settings. If you just want to be creative and explore, set it to peaceful.

belligerent on
  • Options
    SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I found some cobblestone that's got...vines? in it. Is this special or is it simply coloured cobble stone?

Sigtyr on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    So how do I

not die

Because I've done that twice now and lost my entire world and I had a pretty decent little house going the second time

Don't really feel like losing everything because some spider bounced me against a wall and stunlocked me until I died

You don't lose your shit if you die... It's all still there.

Ok I'm copying my Minecraft data to disc. It's 5 megs, but it's gonna take 10 minutes to copy! Man, that's a lot of little files...

Edit: RAR compression! Duh!

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    So, I found some cobblestone that's got...vines? in it. Is this special or is it simply coloured cobble stone?

Yeah basically. I was told that it is normally only found in dungeons with monsters, but I am not sure that is true.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Power of the RedStone Cathedral is currently constructing a floating island above that will house a great Palace to the RedStone God! REDSTONE FOR THE REDSTONE GOD!

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So how do I

not die

Are you wearing any armor?

Do you have a sword? Bow and arrow?

Thought about playing on peaceful for a couple of in-game days, just to get a feel for things?

And you don't lose everything assuming you can get back to where you died in 5(?) minutes or so (the time it takes for dropped things to "despawn").

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    So how do I

not die

Are you wearing any armor?

Do you have a sword? Bow and arrow?

Thought about playing on peaceful for a couple of in-game days, just to get a feel for things?

And you don't lose everything assuming you can get back to where you died in 5(?) minutes or so (the time it takes for dropped things to "despawn").

Also for the first night or two nothing stops you from just digging yourself a home and sealing up the entrance at night.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aaronki

Can I go ahead and get an invite to the steam group? I think I'll be sticking with the game for a while.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961611881/home

One last shot at getting an PA server IP or link to chat or whatever the next step is... please msg me thank you....

Lt. Fragg on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If you joined my server with an empty name and left, I IP banned you, let me know who you are on here/by pm and ill undo the ban. Guys it's not hard to type in a name when you start the game.

I've also be posting my ip to my server like every 4 pages: diannaochong.dyndns.org

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can someone PM me the new IP to Vic's server?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I just found 6 gold blocks, and I mined them, and when I went to smelt them, I had no gold. ???

Delzhand on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I just found 6 gold blocks, and I mined them, and when I went to smelt them, I had no gold. ???

Furnaces are fucked right now.

When smelting, do the following:

1) Place 1-2 pieces of coal in the furnace.
    2) Place 1-2 pieces of ore.
    3) Wait for the arrow to start filling. It usually freezes around the halfway mark.
    4) Esc out of the furnace
    5) Wait about 10 seconds
    6) Click back in. Your ore/coal should be there, smelting away. You can now add more coal/ore and it should be good as long as you don't let it stop.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Epic mine cart is a go!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I had this happen. I thought it might have been because I mined them with a stone pick. Went back with an iron one and it seemd to work. Whether there was a direct relationship, I'm unsure.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Could I get confirmation from someone who has built one that you can no longer make infinite lava machines? I'd really like to get a lava moat going.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    There is. You can't mind gold/diamond with a stone pick, and you can't mine obsidian with an iron pick.

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Red Stone requires Iron too afaik.

Also you can't mine Stone/Iron with no pick.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I swear to god, I'm starting to hate Pigs more than any other actual mob. They seem to get everywhere.

I'll be mining away in a tunnel complex that may or may not be within 10 squares of the surface and all of a sudden I'll hear OINK OINK OINK and I'll jump 15 ft up in my chair because it was otherwise quiet.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    zenpotato wrote: »
    Could I get confirmation from someone who has built one that you can no longer make infinite lava machines? I'd really like to get a lava moat going.
    i had an infinite lava machine earlier but i believe it was a glitch....i'd place the lava in a field, then put the lava back into a bucket and it'd appear there a second later so i'd repeat with all my buckets...i am the best

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fuuuuuuuu server full.
    BEAST! wrote: »
    zenpotato wrote: »
    i had an infinite lava machine earlier but i believe it was a glitch....i'd place the lava in a field, then put the lava back into a bucket and it'd appear there a second later so i'd repeat with all my buckets...i am the best

I tried that with water and the water disappeared once I logged out. Seems like a client-side bug.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrDelish on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've been to Rapture.

Seriously, videos and pictures do not do that thing justice.

It's even more mind blowing if you go up into the under construction Columbia and look down at all the stuff that's been built.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I love how the game almost totally freezes when the bomb goes off. I'd love to see how deep that crater is.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, that's not good.

Can't play for a few minutes without the game suddenly slowing to 0.1 FPS

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It freezes because of all the physics from knocking TNT around and multiple explosions I think, I'd like to see someone mod in a single TNT that detonates like an atom bomb.

Zek on
This discussion has been closed.