As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MotW 9/15/10: Ninja, please.

2»

• Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Finally picked up Alias. Bendis did a really good job. Didn't realize Jessica Jones had such development in the Marvel U.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It just makes Moonstone so much better. Karla's an angel.

Karla is a horrendous abortion of a human being.

Agreed, but during Dark Reign it was implied she was conflicted about it. There was the whole Ms. Marvel storyline that ended with her at her mother's grave, having reclaimed her Moonstone, after Ms. Marvel urged her to start being a real hero.

I think she could be, I get the feeling that she's rankled by the contempt that heroes have for her.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Agreed, but during Dark Reign it was implied she was conflicted about it. There was the whole Ms. Marvel storyline that ended with her at her mother's grave, having reclaimed her Moonstone, after Ms. Marvel urged her to start being a real hero.

I think she could be, I get the feeling that she's rankled by the contempt that heroes have for her.

I think maybe she's get less of a hard time if she wasn't a heartless bitch.

Solar on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MOTW -- I ordered the first TPB of Mark Smylie's Artesia. Smylie being the guy who founded Archaia Press which does Mouse Guard and other things.

Big:
    pu_Artesia_Afire_154-155.jpg

Per the wikipedia page, Smylie describes it as a "Pagan Joan of Arc" which is a pretty good summary. Artesia, the former refugee and concubine, becomes the leader of an army. Nudity and platemail and ghosts everywhere. There's magic, but more of the "granted visions by religious fervor to her goddess" flavor than magic missles or magical faux-technology or anything.

Bought it and the PDF of the RPG based on it (which is a 354 page beast), now I'm going to have to go get the other TPBs.

desc on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

She isn't a heartless bitch though, it's a front! She lost her connection to being a hero when Hawkeye left and she was in a coma, and then via Ellis plot device ie not caring about her backstory she became a girl gone wild.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dunno if it was just cause it caught me off guard, ( and scanner acting up so ..)
    but
    Another Son,... Another Monster... from hulks 613, was my motw

edit: Also in regards to both Deadpool wanting to be Cap, and the American stuff on Canadian tv.
    1) Deadpool also wants to be an xman even tho he's not a mutant.
    2) I watch "Canadian TV" we have more American TV than Americas do rofl, it's ridiculous

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

She isn't a heartless bitch though, it's a front! She lost her connection to being a hero when Hawkeye left and she was in a coma, and then via Ellis plot device ie not caring about her backstory she became a girl gone wild.

You are blinded by the blonde, but let me tell you her roots are as dark as her soul.

Solar on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Noooooooooooooo

TexiKen on