Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Facade - Making awkward conversation with virtual people

MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing...Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Singularity Engine++
People have been trying to come up with dynamic conversations in games for a while. It sounds neat, but it's also hard, because really, it's hard to come up with a response for everything someone could say. Oblivion had it, sort of, with it's bizarre chatter between NPCs!

facade380x347.jpg

However, the best example of this is a game called Facade. It's billed as an 'Interactive Story', and it's something about a couple that you, the player are visiting and they have issues with each other. I guess there might be a way to make them make up, but I've never tried that. It's more fun to just annoy them until you get kicked out. Like so!
Spoiler:
So as you can see, this game is... weird. Also super awkward. But it's also free, and I'm interested to see what things you guys come up with in this! Feel free to post the stage plays or record the actual game or whatever.

Download Facade here!

Moriveth on

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    fuck this game

AND FUCK YOU SNOWBEAT I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

• SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I downloaded the Mac OSX version and it's been sitting on the loading screen for about 10 minutes :(

• mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay, I somehow broke the game. I was just playing it as Lil' John!
    Spoiler:

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh god that video is great.

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That video is hilarious

It's as if Lyle were playing

uua59lq2M.gif

• mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    When playing, play as "Mary" and ask him to call you Maria. Remind him constantly that you want to be called Maria.

edited September 2010
    I helped them reconcile their differences by flirting with Grace and taking her side at all times.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well they kicked me out when I threatened to rape them to death if they didn't make me a martini right the fuck now

I don't know what these people's problem is

• MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also I made out with Grace while her husband was in the kitchen

edited September 2010
    it's a lot like heavy rain in that it works really well if you don't try to deviate from the script

but when you do, boy howdy

GIMME A DRINK

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    it's a cool untraditional text based game, aside from that all i know of it is the various videos i've seen throughout the years

• CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They didn't want to play Clue. Why am I even friends with these people?