Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Critical Failures: AWESOME POST in "[DnD 4E Discussion] PE: Assassin is out. Looks really good

RiusRius Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Rius has reported a post.

Reason:
Context: There's a new class for Dungeons & Dragons called the Executioner. They don't have Intimidate as an available skill, but they do have Arcana.

I thought this was a silly thing, given the name of the class and what the class does well, until Horseshoe showed me the light.
Post: [DnD 4E Discussion] PE: Assassin is out. Looks really good frankly.
Forum: Critical Failures
Assigned Moderators: WhipstitchZombie, Echo

Posted by: Horseshoe
Original Content:
Rius wrote: »
Why does an executioner bother learning to scare people? The emotional state of the corpse doesn't matter much.

Why do executioners have access to Arcana?

I bet you I can come up with a reason why Executioners are intimidating that makes more sense than any reason why they're well-versed in ways of the Arcane. I'm not saying said reasons don't exist, I just think they're more of a stretch.

first page of the article...
Martial and Shadow Striker: Your sense of
timing, skill with weapons, and ability to use the
shadows as a second home allow you to strike
with devastating effect against an unsuspecting
foe. You even mix in some shadow magic when
appropriate.

Why This Is the Class for You: You want to play
a stealthy character that can grievously wound
enemies with a single blow and who dabbles in
both poison and shadow magic.

Key Abilities: Dexterity, Charisma