As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me get drunk! [Solved!]

2»

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you are not big drinkers, "easy" is not the way to go

"easy" means drinking single-malt on the rocks

you want something fun like a mojito

alternatively, impress your friends!

get some Romana Sambuca, dip a finger in your glass, and then wave it over an open flame

hold the (burning) finger aloft for a moment, and then put it in your mouth to put it out

then tell them it's called a "Statue of Liberty" and dare them to do it. With any luck you'll give them a few welts to nurse the next day and curse you over.

be sure to really swish your finger around in there or it will be too thin and you'll burn yourself horribly

but hey

that's the whole fun of it

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The next day...
    ER Doctor: "Son, how did this happen?"
    oldsak: "The internet told me to light myself on fire, so I did."
    ER Doctor: "You're a real asshole, son."

;D

Going out is a good idea, assuming you are the last one among your friends to turn 21. If you stay home and aren't a big drinker I would advise buying something nice for what you can afford. Nice ingredients make nice drinks, and if you don't intend to chug a keg each consider spending a bit on a smaller amount of quality liquor.

Margarita says:
    1 part Cointreau. Triple sec can eat a triple dick.
    1 - 2 parts a nice tequila. I like Casadores blanco.
    1 part lime juice. Buy a big ass bag of limes if you feel like pre-squeezing 'em, or bottle of good juice.

I've also done well with organic blood orange juice. Don't buy great liquor and ruin your drinks with shitty juice though! Most pre-made mixers are going to be sugar water with some other shit. I buy better juice for drinks than I do for breakfast - look in the dirty hippie aisles or go to Trader Joe's / Whole Foods or something.

These three things will make you a goddam fine margarita. I serve on the rocks or straight up, if the result is cold enough. You will need to adjust the levels to taste, especially if you are buying cheaper ingredients - you'll taste the difference. You will also get totally ripped on like three of these, at least I do when I make them, so you should have some leftovers which is always nice.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You can always try what my friends and I did one terrible night.

Vodka, Purple Frost Gatorade and Grenadine.

Turns your teeth black and is DELICIOUS.

But as always, be responsible. Esh, where do you bartend? I'll stop by and order drinks that are fake to THROW YOU OFF YOUR GAME.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aphostile wrote: »
    You can always try what my friends and I did one terrible night.

Vodka, Purple Frost Gatorade and Grenadine.

Turns your teeth black and is DELICIOUS.

But as always, be responsible. Esh, where do you bartend? I'll stop by and order drinks that are fake to THROW YOU OFF YOUR GAME.

I'm not bartending right now because of school.

And it wouldn't throw me off. I'd either just write it off as some stupid college drink or I'd Google it.

Esh on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    I'm not bartending right now because of school.

And it wouldn't throw me off. I'd either just write it off as some stupid college drink or I'd Google it.

Boo. And I'm not even in college!

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    [Michael][Michael] Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Buttershots are delicious, like liquid candy. Cheap and delicious, but my experience with drinking is pretty limited. I don't really have any ideas for mixed drinks.

You could try the chocolate cake shot mully mentioned; most of my friends will attest to its deliciousness. I only ever tried it once (supposedly) and complained that it tasted nothing like chocolate cake, but it was the last drink I had on my 21st, and I honestly don't remember. I kinda wanna try it now.

[Michael] on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Watch out for/avoid: Prairie Fire (half tequilla/half tabasco sauce), Rocky Mountain Bear Fucker (1/3 Tequilla/1/3 Jack Daniels/1/3 liqueur), and pretty much anything anyone above has mentioned that sounds along the lines of "Sweaty Goat Anus"

Delicious:
    Jagerbombs - glass of Red Bull with a shot of Jagermeister dropped in it.
    Polar Bears - one of the easiest shots to drink
    Bob Marley
    White Freezie - a bit girly but tastes just like a white freezie

Warning about Jagerbombs: Will get you messed up fast - and I believe there are some health issues with mixing energy drinks and booze, but I can't remember what they are.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wezoin wrote: »
    Watch out for/avoid: Prairie Fire (half tequilla/half tabasco sauce), Rocky Mountain Bear Fucker (1/3 Tequilla/1/3 Jack Daniels/1/3 liqueur), and pretty much anything anyone above has mentioned that sounds along the lines of "Sweaty Goat Anus"

Delicious:
    Bob Marley

Warning about Jagerbombs: Will get you messed up fast - and I believe there are some health issues with mixing energy drinks and booze, but I can't remember what they are.

They can cause heart attacks.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    EWom wrote: »

Delicious:
    Bob Marley

Woah really? Good to know.

I'll be avoiding them in the future.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    EWom wrote: »

Delicious:
    Bob Marley

Woah really? Good to know.

I'll be avoiding them in the future.

That's funny, because I haven't heard of a rash of Jager Bomb related deaths and that's a pretty popular drop shot.

If you want your bartender to immediately label you an "asshat", order that shot though. Yeah, we do judge you based on what you drink.

Esh on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There have been a few incidents of people having heart attacks because of energy drinks + booze, usually middle aged men. They've been made illegal to serve in bars and restaurants in a few cities in the US and I've heard a few places over in Europe as well.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    On the subject of Jagerbombs, and I don't know why I didn't think of this before, why don't you and a group go to an Asian restaurant and do sake bombs?

They're hilarious, fun, and I've never seen anyone get too plastered on sake bombs, unless they were somehow doing them back to back to back to back to puke.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hah, well thanks for all the advice everyone, I've had some fun reading through some more of the crazy ideas here. No worries, I know enough about different types of liquor, shots and mixed drinks to separate the normal from the insane. We're gonna keep it pretty slow and chill I think. Today's the day so there's no more need for advice, mods can lock this up if they want. Thanks again!

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thread title is great now.

Help me get drunk! [Solved!]

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
This discussion has been closed.