Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

I want to play my Wii with my PC monitor.

INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
See: title.

I have googled it and everything I read gives me a headache and I don't know what all the acronyms mean and I'm not an audio/video nerd and all the different formats and shit just make me die.

Can I use my Wii with my PC's monitor (which doesn't have any input things except the pin dealie that runs between my PC and my monitor -- pretty sure that's 24 pins, but it might just be 24 on the PC end ... I'll check when I get home).

Is there just like a cable I can use or something to do this? I saw like, little boxes that cost a ton of cash to pull this off, etc, but that's a pain.

I don't have a TV at my new house (besides the one in the living room but that's pretty constantly in use) and just want to play some videogames in my bedroom.

Halp?

INeedNoSalt on
sometimes you just gotta do a thing