As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for December 2010

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Graphic Violence
Marvel solicits are out: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28429

Best thing so far is the H4H line up. Also, it's $3.99 for 40 pages, so it's perilously close to be worth getting in singles for me.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh Rob, these look like guns I used to draw in elementary school:
    37_DEADPOOL_CORPS_9.jpg

cardboard delusions on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, that looks like an old page from X-Force.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The lack of Cosmic DnA breaks my heart.

Solar on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    We know there is a Groot & Rocket Raccoon one-shot or mini coming. I'm surprised they didn't solicit that to fill the gap before they (hopefully) relaunch the cosmic titles.

Rans on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Walt Simonson Thor OMNIBUS.

Holy SHIT I have to buy that.

First issue is the debut of Beta Ray Bill.

ManetherenWolf on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, there are a lot of Marvel Comics this month.

Greg Land doing a cover to Women of Marvel is downright insulting (and the Sue Storm on the cover is a trace of Pixie or Dazzler from the first Fraction Uncanny arc).

Ultimate Spider-Man #151 is $3 again. See Marvel, you make the book $3 and I will pick it up, it's not rocket science, dinkus.

Deadpool Team-Up has a great cover:

41_DEADPOOL_TEAM_UP_886.jpg

Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #3, Lockjaw's going to totally kick Iron Man's ass:

12_AVENGERS_VS__PET_AVENGERS_3.jpg

Claremont and Louise Simonson doing Chaos War: X-Men, that's interesting.

I admit the cover to TB #150 Land drew was actually pretty good, but the cover to 151 looks like junk

What if ? turning # 200 somehow? What the? (lulz)

TexiKen on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I guess they are up to 200 of these things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_If_(comics)

edit: Yeah - that women of marvel #2, why are their eyes closed, waiting for the money shot?

cardboard delusions on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stark Resilient has another fucking issue?

Lame.

I think I might drop all of my marvel books in Dec except for Secret Avengers, Deadpool Max, FF, and the Bendis Ultimate stuff.

HadjiQuest on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hah, looks like Luke Cage is yawning on that Tbolts cover.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Boy I sure am excited for the new Spider-Girl series! I hope they don't put a character no one likes in the first arc so people who hate that character won't give the book a chance

102_spider_girl_2_02.jpg

Well fuck.

Furu on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Boy I sure am excited for the new Spider-Girl series! I hope they don't put a character no one likes in the first arc so people who hate that character won't give the book a chance

::suck manifested::

Well fuck.

Rulk is serously a character that should either have been killed off or shelved for 6 or 7 years.

Him appearing as an atagonist (but he's secretly a totally awesome protagonist, we're just too stupid to see it) in a comparative lightweight's comic is really in poor taste.

In other news: chaos war looks hawt.

Gaddez on
    edited September 2010
    So does Spider-Girl/Arana have powers or no?

cardboard delusions on
    edited September 2010
    Gaddez wrote: »

Him appearing as an atagonist (but he's secretly a totally awesome protagonist, we're just too stupid to see it) in a comparative lightweight's comic is really in poor taste.

I'm glad your psychic powers can tell you how he'll be written in a book that isn't out yet

Furu on
    edited September 2010

No. We were supposed to find out how she lost them in Grim Hunt but they never said a word about it.

Furu on
    edited September 2010

No. We were supposed to find out how she lost them in Grim Hunt but they never said a word about it.

Ok, just making sure I didn't miss a page or something.

cardboard delusions on
    edited September 2010

Ok, just making sure I didn't miss a page or something.

Yeah it was an editorial gaffe so McKeever and Tobin have no idea how it happened either!

Really something they should clear up

Furu on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Why have they not Given Red Hulk the Mustache yet?

MastaP on
    edited September 2010
    You'd think they would make him bald or something as radiation can cause hair loss, but it is generally localized, unlike chemo which is an all over sort of thing. Maybe he was gamma zapped in the facial area.

cardboard delusions on
    edited September 2010
    153_x_men__to_serve_and_protect_2_02.jpg

Fact: I will buy any book with Rockslide in it

Furu on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    CARNAGE #2 (of 5)
    Written by ZEB WELLS
    Art & Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    Variant Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    The deadliest foe of Spider-Man is back! Web-Head teams up with Iron Man against a bloodthirsty force of evil and an army of super-powered menaces! The alien symbiote so twisted and murderous that it made Venom look like a choir boy has been brought back from space…but how? And without the without the psychopathic serial killer Cletus Kasady as its host, will Carnage be less dangerous…or more unhinged?! Don’t miss the villainous threat that will test these two Avengers teammates to the limit of their strength – if it doesn’t kill them! By Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and Clayton Crain (X-FORCE)!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    It's Carnage, which is a worse character than Red Hulk.
    But it's Zeb Wells who has done some great things with Spider-man.

I'M SO TORN.

MastaP on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MastaP wrote: »
    CARNAGE #2 (of 5)
    Variant Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

I guess this is why Art Adams is so late with Ultimate X

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited September 2010

I'm glad your psychic powers can tell you how he'll be written in a book that isn't out yet

Rulk's MO is that he's a total douche with crazy ammounts of power and he has an amazing sooper secret plan that (if we were ever to know the full details) would make him the hero of the story. It's not that hard to predict how this shit is going to go.

Arana, on the other hand has:
    Araña possesses enhanced strength, speed, reflexes/reactions, agility, coordination, balance, and endurance. She has the ability to cling to walls, and sprouts a spider-like exoskeleton around her body which enhances these abilities. While her exoskeleton was later ripped out by Doomsday Man, she retains her primary powers. Araña also invented spider-like grappling hooks, which she uses to swing from buildings, or as whip-like weapons.

My guess is that Arana winds up being a side kick in the next issue.

Gaddez on
    edited September 2010

Rulk's MO is that he's a total douche with crazy ammounts of power and he has an amazing sooper secret plan that (if we were ever to know the full details) would make him the hero of the story. It's not that hard to predict how this shit is going to go.

Arana, on the other hand has:
    Araña possesses enhanced strength, speed, reflexes/reactions, agility, coordination, balance, and endurance. She has the ability to cling to walls, and sprouts a spider-like exoskeleton around her body which enhances these abilities. While her exoskeleton was later ripped out by Doomsday Man, she retains her primary powers. Araña also invented spider-like grappling hooks, which she uses to swing from buildings, or as whip-like weapons.

My guess is that Arana winds up being a side kick in the next issue.

Uh, hi! You might be missing a few points here

1. This is being written by Paul Tobin, not Jeph Loeb
    2. This is Spider-Girl's book
    3. Red Hulk's plan alredy fizzled out. In fact, it was never his plan. It was Leader and MODOK's
    4. This isn't being written by Jeph Loeb

Furu on
    edited September 2010

Uh, hi! You might be missing a few points here

1. This is being written by Paul Tobin, not Jeph Loeb
    2. This is Spider-Girl's book
    3. Red Hulk's plan alredy fizzled out. In fact, it was never his plan. It was Leader and MODOK's
    4. This isn't being written by Jeph Loeb

A lot of different people have written Thor comics over the years. He has been pretty consistently portrayed as a guy who uses lots of thee's and ye's and yon's, swinging a hammer and being stoic. Why? BECAUSE THAT IS WHO THE HELL HE IS.

That having been said, this isn't the bitching thread so I will let this dog lie.

Gaddez on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    not even doing it again

I don't have the energy to do it again

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I'm gonna be honest, I will buy Spider-Girl #1 and maybe #3 if Red Hulk isn't in it, but not #2. Sorry Furu. If he shows up in Young Allies (knock on wood) I'd do the same thing, even if he shows up in Pet Avengers where has has a totally awesome Red Hulk Dog or somesuch.

There really is a push with making Red Hulk seem important in a lot of side stuff. I mean Red Hulk killed Taskmaster in Marvel Universe vs. the Punisher, what the hell (he ripped his head off as though Taskmaster was some chump like Boomerang or something).

It is cool that (I guess) Marko Djurdejvic's wife drew that Spider-Girl cover though.

TexiKen on
    edited September 2010
    I hope Spider-Girl is canceled after issue 2

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2010
    I hope Spider-Girl is canceled after issue 2

Don't do this to me man

Furu on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    There really is a push with making Red Hulk seem important in a lot of side stuff. I mean Red Hulk killed Taskmaster in Marvel Universe vs. the Punisher, what the hell (he ripped his head off as though Taskmaster was some chump like Boomerang or something).

That was the best part of the issue

Deflating the unreasonable love people have from Taskmaster just like TLB did for Nova

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Furu I am sorry

You a bro who got some rational opinions

But man

man

fuck people who ain't know nothin'

they gonna get what they deserve

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love Taskmaster, but the only problem i have with that fight is the idea that Taskmaster wouldn't have avoided the confrontation altogether.

Really, he's the kind of guy who'd just hijack a plane and fly to some deserted island at the first sign of apocalyptic trouble.

But if anyone stronger than Spider-Man traps him in a corner, there's nothing he can really do.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited September 2010
    See that's the thing.

Hulk throwing a building at Taskmaster and him dying or Thor eating him like Hercules, ok.

Taskmaster standing in the street right next to Red Hulk, within arm's reach with nothing but his silly goose sword, dude's better than that.

TexiKen on
    edited September 2010
    It was one panel in an alternate universe comic

who cares

Furu on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is it possible that Taskmaster was one of the warring, virtually mindless cannibal-people? Because I can see that excusing him brazenly charging Red Hulk.

Also, when is Red Hulk going to get a decent codename?

Munch on
    edited September 2010
    Maberry should know better. Goran Parlov should know better.

I do like how the cover for Ultimate Doom is labeled "Ultimate Comics Limited Series C"

TexiKen on
    edited September 2010
    fucking comic book fans

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited September 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Maberry should know better. Goran Parlov should know better.

Yeah but Spider-Man going down like a bitch is totally okay, right? Clearly this irrelevant-to-the-plot background scene is way more offensive because it has a character you don't like in it killing one you do.

In an alternate universe.

Where they all die anyway.

Furu on
    edited September 2010
    Spider-Man got what was coming to him.

Making Mary Jane dress up like that, while pregnant no less, where is the decency? I mean, decency died with everything else in that world, but still.

TexiKen on
    edited September 2010
    fucking comic book fans

I am going to buy and read everything I can find with Red Hulk in it

and you know what?

I bet it's not actually going to be that bad

Furu on
    edited September 2010
    fucking comic book fans