Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Don't you dare clean that [Workstation]

1235711

Posts

  • floobiefloobie Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So what are you doing with that beautiful, industrial designed behemoth (iMac)?

    floobie on
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    floobie wrote: »
    So what are you doing with that beautiful, industrial designed behemoth (iMac)?

    What else would one do with that much screen real estate?
    porn

    Wezoin on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    itt people are not cool enough to side-Dock.

    ben0207 on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My workspace at Uni:

    workspaceuni.jpg

    BobCesca on
  • Mr HeistMr Heist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Will post pictures of my home workzone when I have the correct combination of enough light and not too much laziness to take a picture. In the meantime, here are some shots from my home away from home:

    Work1.png

    Work2.png

    I usually have wayyyy fewer lights on. In my old office, I used to be teased about working in the dark and even got locked in a few times when someone left for the day and assumed no one else was still around. (I'd have the lights off and just be going by the ample window light). When I got promoted and moved into the windowless edit suite, I feel like it's practically expected to maintain a cave-like atmosphere.

    Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mr Heist, where do you work? And what is that crazy clock?

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075 | backloggery | destinystatus
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That is fucking beautiful.

    exis on
    Overwatch / Diablo 3: exis#1961 | Steam: mule
  • LaCabraLaCabra Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jesus chriiiiiiiiist.

    LaCabra on
    Blog | Impromptu Games | twitter | patreon

    totally buy my video game InFlux on Steam or Humble Store or GOG or Amazon!
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    Look at your workspace. Now back to mine. Now back at your workspace. Now back at mine. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you...

    Just kidding. Mine will always be best. Mwahahahaha...

    :cry:

    Kris on
    Steam: Zephyrall || XBL: Zephyrall || PS3: Zephyrall_KN || Battle.Net: Zephyrall#398
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love the huge cable conduit coming out of the wall.

    It's screams This here is where serious shit gets done.

    Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    what are those big slabs on the wall?

    Organichu on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Soundboard I think.

    BTW That right there is why I made this thread, that is AWESOME.

    THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • bowenbowen beso el culo shitlord in residenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm guessing Heist does some sort of video/sound editing with that setup.

    Also give me your money.

    bowen on
    Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. Do not take my word as law in any other fields, it is not professional advice.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    I'll play. I work out of my house so this is both my work and home rig.

    The only thing I moved was my iPhone which I used to take the picture... Actually, I did move a sheet of paper containing a bunch of passwords...

    homeoffice1.jpg

    anyone else see this one and think "workstation of evil overlord with great interior decorator"?

    Dhalphir on
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    I'll play. I work out of my house so this is both my work and home rig.

    The only thing I moved was my iPhone which I used to take the picture... Actually, I did move a sheet of paper containing a bunch of passwords...

    homeoffice1.jpg

    anyone else see this one and think "workstation of evil overlord with great interior decorator"?

    Now that you mention it, it does look as though there should be a tall man cloaked in shadows sitting in a giant leather wingback chair stroking an unusually furry cat with a hand thats missing a finger.

    Wezoin on
  • KSKKSK Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Here is my setup at work:
    Picture.jpg

    Since I know I'll get asked, I'll just tell ya. I work as a video editor for a professional (american) football team. Can you guess for which one? :lol:

    When I get home, I'll post my home setup.

    KSK

    KSK on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wanna say.. either the Browns or the Titans.. :lol:

    Have you ever met the players there?

    THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • KSKKSK Registered User
    edited October 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I wanna say.. either the Browns or the Titans.. :lol:

    Have you ever met the players there?

    1) Browns is correct.

    2) Yes. I work with them every day actually. We cut the video for the Brown's website and for a weekly TV show that airs on our local sports cable channel that is kind of like the YES! Network in New York. They're all pretty normal dudes actually... most of them are really cool and are just like you and I. They just happen to get paid millions of dollars to play a game. Most be nice, huh?

    KSK on
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah real nice. Damn.

    THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Now that you mention it, guys, I do have a cat and she often tries to sleep right in front of my keyboard while I try to work.

    My wife likes to decorate. She admittedly did my office. She had the tray ceiling put in the moldings, influenced the paint choice, and filled the shelves with, well, stuff. Some other angles:
    officemess1.jpg

    officemess2.jpg

    And for some reason I really love my fan. It got a remote control with sevon buttons to control the fan and the upward and downward lighting. At night the upward lighting looks so cool and... "romantic"...
    officemess3.jpg

    Sorry about the poor quality pics...

    Rothgarr on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My fiance would lose her shit if she saw that room. She's in love with the old, classy, vintage style look.

    Kris on
    Steam: Zephyrall || XBL: Zephyrall || PS3: Zephyrall_KN || Battle.Net: Zephyrall#398
  • RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kris wrote: »
    My fiance would lose her shit if she saw that room. She's in love with the old, classy, vintage style look.

    Shhhh... don't tell anyone... we got it all at... Costco...

    I was surprised the lighted bookcases were only, like, $120 each tops and they are awesome quality.

    Rothgarr on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow, shit that's a good deal. :^:

    Also, I'm so jealous of your ceiling. <3

    Kris on
    Steam: Zephyrall || XBL: Zephyrall || PS3: Zephyrall_KN || Battle.Net: Zephyrall#398
  • Mr HeistMr Heist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mr Heist, where do you work? And what is that crazy clock?

    I work at a video production studio in Pennsylvania, pretty much in the middle of Amish country. It's great- when you look down the road you see a cow field, corn field, high tech studio, farm, horse and buggy... it's a little bit surreal.

    I'm mainly the editor, but still get to go out and shoot a fair amount. We do mainly tv spots and corporate pieces, with the occasional music video or the like thrown in. The conduit leads to a 8 core Mac Pro (we're falling behind) running Avid Adrenaline (I like Final Cut a lot better- trying to convince my boss to switch) and a bunch of other rack mounted junk. I probably won't be snagging a shot of our VHS duplicator...

    The clock always gets the most attention on tours. It's a chunky, open, gear-spinning, industrial-ass metal clock. I don't think the time is set right right now, but hey, it's still pretty sweet. I'll try to grab a better shot next time I'm in.

    Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kris wrote: »
    Wow, shit that's a good deal. :^:

    Also, I'm so jealous of your ceiling. <3

    Previously, there wasn't a trey ceiling. But when I found out I'd be working from home full time we released we'd need to make some changes to my office. We added a door, chair railings... but the ceiling was part necessity, part covering up an eyesore. The builder did a shitty job of covering up an intake for the HVAC. He boxed it out about 8" down from the ceiling.

    I needed lighting and I wanted the intake hidden. So we dropped the ceiling around the perimeter of the room to match the intake, and added the extra lighting. I was my wife's idea to pain the inside of the ceiling a nice dark color. I was apprehensive at first but truster her instincts.

    Rothgarr on
  • Mr HeistMr Heist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    Kris wrote: »
    Wow, shit that's a good deal. :^:

    Also, I'm so jealous of your ceiling. <3

    Previously, there wasn't a trey ceiling. But when I found out I'd be working from home full time we released we'd need to make some changes to my office. We added a door, chair railings... but the ceiling was part necessity, part covering up an eyesore. The builder did a shitty job of covering up an intake for the HVAC. He boxed it out about 8" down from the ceiling.

    I needed lighting and I wanted the intake hidden. So we dropped the ceiling around the perimeter of the room to match the intake, and added the extra lighting. I was my wife's idea to pain the inside of the ceiling a nice dark color. I was apprehensive at first but truster her instincts.

    Did you guys do it yourself or have it contracted? How involved was the process? It looks awesome, and plays really well with the fan

    Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, guys, I do have a cat and she often tries to sleep right in front of my keyboard while I try to work.

    My wife likes to decorate. She admittedly did my office. She had the tray ceiling put in the moldings, influenced the paint choice, and filled the shelves with, well, stuff. Some other angles:
    officemess1.jpg

    officemess2.jpg

    And for some reason I really love my fan. It got a remote control with sevon buttons to control the fan and the upward and downward lighting. At night the upward lighting looks so cool and... "romantic"...
    officemess3.jpg

    Sorry about the poor quality pics...

    This reminds me of some pictures I saw a while ago of the Oval Office. Looks very nice and cosy.

    Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • RothgarrRothgarr Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    Kris wrote: »
    Wow, shit that's a good deal. :^:

    Also, I'm so jealous of your ceiling. <3

    Previously, there wasn't a trey ceiling. But when I found out I'd be working from home full time we released we'd need to make some changes to my office. We added a door, chair railings... but the ceiling was part necessity, part covering up an eyesore. The builder did a shitty job of covering up an intake for the HVAC. He boxed it out about 8" down from the ceiling.

    I needed lighting and I wanted the intake hidden. So we dropped the ceiling around the perimeter of the room to match the intake, and added the extra lighting. I was my wife's idea to pain the inside of the ceiling a nice dark color. I was apprehensive at first but truster her instincts.

    Did you guys do it yourself or have it contracted? How involved was the process? It looks awesome, and plays really well with the fan

    We had someone else do it. It took one single guy about five days to install the door, make that "window header", frame the tray ceiling, dry rock, tape, spackle, and sand, cut/install all the moldings, install the lighting, medallion and fan, and paint the whole room. The total project cost around $5 grand, I believe. The price sounds a little high, but the guy does top quality work and I NEVER would have been able to do any of it myself.

    Rothgarr on
  • bowenbowen beso el culo shitlord in residenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I learned anything from holmes on homes, you get what you pay for most of the time. That is top notch work.

    bowen on
    Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. Do not take my word as law in any other fields, it is not professional advice.
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Classy beer for a classy workstation.
    fn9v.jpg

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That is one nice monitor stand on the right there.

    Wezoin on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    One time I had eye strain from the monitor's viewing angle, so I decided to prop it up using a book I had received in the mail that day from amazon.

    That was two years ago. I still haven't read the book.

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    Rothgarr wrote: »
    Kris wrote: »
    Wow, shit that's a good deal. :^:

    Also, I'm so jealous of your ceiling. <3

    Previously, there wasn't a trey ceiling. But when I found out I'd be working from home full time we released we'd need to make some changes to my office. We added a door, chair railings... but the ceiling was part necessity, part covering up an eyesore. The builder did a shitty job of covering up an intake for the HVAC. He boxed it out about 8" down from the ceiling.

    I needed lighting and I wanted the intake hidden. So we dropped the ceiling around the perimeter of the room to match the intake, and added the extra lighting. I was my wife's idea to pain the inside of the ceiling a nice dark color. I was apprehensive at first but truster her instincts.

    Did you guys do it yourself or have it contracted? How involved was the process? It looks awesome, and plays really well with the fan

    We had someone else do it. It took one single guy about five days to install the door, make that "window header", frame the tray ceiling, dry rock, tape, spackle, and sand, cut/install all the moldings, install the lighting, medallion and fan, and paint the whole room. The total project cost around $5 grand, I believe. The price sounds a little high, but the guy does top quality work and I NEVER would have been able to do any of it myself.

    As a previous painter who worked around contractors all the time, I am craaazy surprised that took one guy only five days. But like the other guys said, damn it definitely looks great.

    Kris on
    Steam: Zephyrall || XBL: Zephyrall || PS3: Zephyrall_KN || Battle.Net: Zephyrall#398
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Home:
    IMG_20101028_082125.jpeg


    Work:
    IMG_20101028_172415.jpeg

    End on
    Don't look around
    zal7-ensuh-sig.pngsteam~tinythumb.png
  • SpudgeSpudge Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Work
    IMG_20101029_121148.jpg
    IMG_20101029_121213.jpg

    Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

    I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • bowenbowen beso el culo shitlord in residenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Those are some swank terminal sessions.

    bowen on
    Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. Do not take my word as law in any other fields, it is not professional advice.
  • SpudgeSpudge Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    thanks

    Not pictured: My laptop (in a lab) ssh'd to my linux box with 5 more sessions running. I don't even know why they gave me a windows laptop, everything I do is linux

    Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

    I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • SpudgeSpudge Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh and here is another one of my workstations
    IMG_20101029_152214.jpg
    I have many workstations, but most cannot be posted because [NDA]

    Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

    I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    End wrote: »
    Work:
    IMG_20101028_172415.jpeg

    Oh man, I've worked in so many places with those exact same cubicle walls and desks and drawer units. Thanks for giving me a non-specific and yet terrifying flashback.

    baudattitude on
    sig.gif
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    End wrote: »

    Oh man, I've worked in so many places with those exact same cubicle walls and desks and drawer units. Thanks for giving me a non-specific and yet terrifying flashback.

    Heh, Aphostile's cube walls looks pretty similar too.

    End on
    Don't look around
    zal7-ensuh-sig.pngsteam~tinythumb.png
Sign In or Register to comment.