As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm surprised that most of you build strictly online. My work/stuff is too important to me to trust to random online people. I don't want buildings destroyed or stuff taken.

edit: also, I just watched that video. Wow. You, sir, are the ultimate nerd. And I mean that with the utmost respect. That's amazing.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Do you have any basic dimensions for that thing halkun? Just like length width and hieght in their overall areas.

DeShadowC on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm surprised that most of you build strictly online. My work/stuff is too important to me to trust to random online people. I don't want buildings destroyed or stuff taken.

Ein heavily backups and logs his server.

DeShadowC on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I was afraid of that awhile too, but then seeing all the amazing things people were building, I decided it was worth that risk. It felt lame that I was making cool things but no one was around to see it.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE MINECRAFT.NET SERVER DOWNTIME TO MOVE US OVER TO THE NEW MAP.

COLUMBIA AND RAPTURE ARE BEING PORTED NOW. I EXPECT TO BE DONE WITH IT AROUND 10:00 PM EST. HOPE SO!

THIS IS YOUR LAST CALL TO HAVE ANYTHING YOU REALLY, HONEST TO GOD TREASURE MOVED OVER TO THE NEW MAP.

If it's something small, or you can rebuild it without losing your mind, I'm not movin' it.

Ein on
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jesus Christ that ship.

...report for awesome?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    jesus fuck halkun

TyrantCow on
  • XzarXzar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Someone has to show Notch that thing when it's complete. I mean just...wow.

Xzar on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Either he used some sort of program to just port the framework ship into Minecraft somehow

Or halkun needs to seek professional help real soon

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • kapohokapoho Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    We have gotten some griefing, asshats, and accidents (like the great dome fire of september). But overall, most regulars are recognized and newer people logging onto the server get stalked a bit if theyre quiet.

We easily have a pool of 20 regulars who enjoy contributing to this ever expanding community. Half the fun is exploring what other artists have to offer on this server.

kapoho on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, you've rekindled my dream of a 1 to 1 Star Destroyer.

Tamin on
  • XzarXzar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tamin wrote: »

Make it an Executor Class: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought

>_>

Xzar on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    halkun, you sound almost exactly like a Spathi

edit: Also, that is awesome.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xzar wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »

Make it an Executor Class: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought

>_>

I'm a tad loony on my best days, but... one thing at a time, no?

Tamin on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I suppose I could always have a vacation home in Columbia. Once the server is up I think I might start a place. I did visit both both Columbia and Rapture over the weekend. They both were really impressive.

anoffday on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If ever you could win this game, halkun just did it. Bravo.

I restarted my (completely retarded in comparison to everything here lol) map after losing everything I had. Gone for a fort by the sea type thing. Just can't get the water to flow around the damn building right.
    here's the first floor laid out.
    javaw2010092723490389.png

And the moat I can't get right. Tried levelling the solid land under the water but nothing works
    javaw2010092723504461.png

I actually have a third floor going right now.
    javaw2010092800370159.png

All of this is completely pointless because THERES NO FUCKING IRON AND COAL ANYWHERE.

Big Classy on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xzar wrote: »
    Someone has to show Notch that thing when it's complete. I mean just...wow.

Seriously, this. Halkun, when that's finished, you should sent a link to a completed/partial video to Notch or something.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Get some iron and make iron buckets. Use it to drop off the water into the moat.

Couscous on
    edited September 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    Get some iron and make iron buckets. Use it to drop off the water into the moat.

Ofcourse! Except there's no freaking iron :(

I've dug down into three separate caves and hit the black impenatrable stuff. Nothing.

Big Classy on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Halkun...

What the fuck.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    halkun wrote: »
    You know, I never play games right... I made a video. Screenshots don't do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94

Anyone wanna help? It took me forever to do this. I would of posted earlier, but I had to get some sleep.

I have entirely too much time on my hands...

Alright, I am calling it. There is no way this was done by hand. No fucking way.

Recoil42 on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Goddamit, Minecraft.net is down again.

Thetheroo on
  • RobzielRobziel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    O.O HOly crap halkun that is jaw droppingly amazing I can't believe you dod that.

Robziel on
    Do I look like the sort of man who'd go and find unsuspecting Japanese schoolgirls in short skirts and white panties and ask them if they want to see my "Cthulu Special"?
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

I've dug down into three separate caves and hit the black impenatrable stuff. Nothing.

You just have to be anal about it. I had a nice little mine I used for getting stone to build stuff. It's slowly becoming a labyrinth as I now search for diamond so I can get my obsidian.

map1obliqueanglecavedayg.png

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
    edited September 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »

You just have to be anal about it. I had a nice little mine I used for getting stone to build stuff. It's slowly becoming a labyrinth as I now search for diamond so I can get my obsidian.

Well, in the previous map I just climbed the highest hill I could see from my 'home' and dug down the centre of it until I 'dropped into a cave. Took a ton of ladders with me to get back out. There was a stupid amount of loot in there not to mention a monster spawner I got the jump on. Ah well, can't always mbe christmas. I'll keep on digging.

Big Classy on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Don't forget that the maps are infinite in the horizontal plane. If you don't find what you want, saddle up and move on. Or just blow it up and start fresh.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So am I the only one who is scared of caves

Because I am constantly paranoid around caves

I feel like any moment a creeper will burst from the darkness and I'll spin around to see it and lose ten years from my life and a little color from my hair

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alright, starting to get annoyed with minecraft.net being down.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
    edited September 2010
    It's not safe to go outside. D:
    2v3gdhd.jpg

anoffday on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    God I freaking LOVE that creeper pic. Its so subtle and creepy.

Isy has a fort much like the one I ended up making my first home on the first map I got somewhere on. I just happened to spawn near 3 holes in a wall one of which was right out of the ocean, the other two with chests and a spawner. And now I have this fort overlooking the ocean surrounded by natural cliffs and water almost all around. I didn't notice how awesome this was till recently when I found how many monsters REALLY spawn on hard. Turns out my fort is perfectly situated so they never really get to it, or fall into water pits around it and harmlessly burn in the morning.

Unfortunately I have lost 2 massive hauls of diamond and other junk to lava pits. I think I might have given up on diamond as I have practically dug up miles of earth below where I live, and the idea of going that far away without a diamond pick seems pointless.

Kai_San on
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Woo, found my Diamond. Exactly 3 blocks around an underground lava pool. Now to get my obsidian.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is my Minecraft client freezing when I click Login because Minecraft.net is down, or is there a more serious problem?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited September 2010
    I might actually have to start a single player game D:

But colapture is my home! not this dirt hole!

kapoho on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's not safe to go outside. D:
    2v3gdhd.jpg
    creeperbeingacreeper.png

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pedobear approves.

Couscous on
  • Lux782Lux782 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    halkun wrote: »
    You know, I never play games right... I made a video. Screenshots don't do it justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94

Anyone wanna help? It took me forever to do this. I would of posted earlier, but I had to get some sleep.

I have entirely too much time on my hands...

Alright, I am calling it. There is no way this was done by hand. No fucking way.

I am in agreement, it seems like it was generated with an application on a 3d model. The lines look like some form of wire mesh view. Still amazing non-the-less.

Lux782 on
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    New map's almost done. Having a bit of trouble getting Rapture slotted in place, but it shouldn't be too much longer before I get it. :P

Ein on
    edited September 2010
    Ein wrote: »
    New map's almost done. Having a bit of trouble getting Rapture slotted in place, but it shouldn't be too much longer before I get it. :P

Sure hope MC.net is up before your done. Map is lookin great! The square is a bit unsightly under columbia, wouldnt mind helping tim make those rolling plains to break it up

kapoho on
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »

How are you guys getting maps like this?

Recoil42 on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Lux782 wrote: »
    I am in agreement, it seems like it was generated with an application on a 3d model. The lines look like some form of wire mesh view. Still amazing non-the-less.

It would've been actually impossible to do all of that in one night by hand. Like you could not mine and place all that within a span of 24-hours. Pretty clearly he used a 3rd party program. That doesn't make it any less impressive, or make me any less interested in getting in on that project of filling it out.

Winky on
This discussion has been closed.