As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo: MULTI/FIREFIGHT|MetaTag: A PA Reachmulti|Think Before Posting.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is the gold visor one of the items we can see but can't touch?

Because a picture of a Red JFO helmet with a gold visor punching the ground with Armour Lock will win my love forever.

Yeah we can't has until the level cap goes up, but Nocren has a pretty awesome War Machine set-up already.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was just on Bone Yard and I had jacked an enemy warthog with the gunner still on. After a split second of wondering what to do, I suddenly knew. I had to drive off the cliff without letting the gunner know what I was up to. I drove wildly around the map for a bit and let him shoot at my teammates, then quickly swerved straight over the edge, plummeting to our doom. Was it worth it? Oh yes.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Because a picture of a Red JFO helmet with a gold visor punching the ground with Armour Lock will win my love forever.

Yeah we can't has until the level cap goes up, but Nocren has a pretty awesome War Machine set-up already.
    War Machine setup? Pics?

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just bought the silver visor, but it doesn't really stand out as much as I was hoping against my armor, so I may try and re-do the whole thing.

If bungie just put out a shitton of visor colors, I would be so happy.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Catalase wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

War Machine setup? Pics?

Currently someone not jailed is going to have to snap and post pics.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Double posting.... basically, JFO helmet with silver visor and no add-ons, ODST shoulders and the extra armor chest piece that doesn't have grenades (It covers the midsection/stomach). I also use the tacpad as well. Primary Steel and Secondary Silver.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I just bought the silver visor, but it doesn't really stand out as much as I was hoping against my armor, so I may try and re-do the whole thing.

If bungie just put out a shitton of visor colors, I would be so happy.

In a perfect world, I would be able to select a visor color to go with any of the possible Multi Team colors.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Double posting.... basically, JFO helmet with silver visor and no add-ons, ODST shoulders and the extra armor chest piece that doesn't have grenades (It covers the midsection/stomach). I also use the tacpad as well. Primary Steel and Secondary Silver.

I had the Bungie.net of Nocren here, but it's behind. So, nevermind!

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Day two of easy challenges.

Kill 150 enemies in any mode - 1500
    Kill 50 Elites in Campaign Normal or Harder - 3000
    Complete a round of FF matchmaking without dying - 500
    Win 7 MM games - 1400

Protip: Nightfall on normal has more than enough Elites.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The one for killing Elites seems to require no deaths, which has to be a bug, surely?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Kill 50 Elites in Campaign Normal or Harder - 3000"

Hmmm I wonder if I can farm that on Oni?

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If i havent beaten the game on Heroic, can I go back and play Nightfall on Normal, and then resume my heroic game without things getting all screwy?

The only reason I ask is because somehow I still dont have the achievements for beating Act 3 or Act 9 in Halo 3 - despite beating the game solo.

also im so mad i got the "complete all daily challenges" on Saturday night. So close!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    The one for killing Elites seems to require no deaths, which has to be a bug, surely?

I think it is a bug.
    And don't call me Shirley.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    If i havent beaten the game on Heroic, can I go back and play Nightfall on Normal, and then resume my heroic game without things getting all screwy?

The only reason I ask is because somehow I still dont have the achievements for beating Act 3 or Act 9 in Halo 3 - despite beating the game solo.

also im so mad i got the "complete all daily challenges" on Saturday night. So close!

It'll interrupt your game. If you want to have the achievements for completion you'll have to resume your game from the start of the level you were on.

But the challenge is normal or higher. So just continue your game and keep progressin' on through.

Willeth on
  • Options
    GibbsGibbs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

In terrible news, people are catching wise to my Armor Locking ways. Now they don't recklessly charge me with their Ghost, and instead hang back and pelt me with plasma.

So sad.

I always try to piss them off by running backwards, hopping around, and shooting them. If I can survive long enough they get frustrated with trying to shoot me, then they boost as me.
    Arrath wrote: »
    dinoarus wrote: »
    Damn, finished with 99 kills in score attack. Brutes have a habit of sticking each other.

Saw an ODST walk right off one of the exodus platforms too:
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6163950

Haha, I saw one just miss a jump. Up in the air jetpacking, cuts out, plummets straight down right at the edge of the platform.

This happened to me too. (I forgot to save it.) What made it really funny was the guy had my first name. My first name isn't that common anymore, so I was like "I'm gonna hang with this dude." Then he fell to his death.
    denihilist wrote: »
    The only time it annoys me is when everyone else on my team has dropped and it's 4 on 1.

Once after a series of drops it ended up 3v1. We felt bad for the guy and only tried to kill him with melee. No teabagging allowed. He didn't have a mic, but he stayed with us for the next few rounds until I got put on the other team.

Gibbs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got a bad case of lovin' you.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hahahahahah. I got two messages yesterday evening that I only noticed today. From two seperate people; one was a text that said 'hacker', and one was a voice from a twelve year old saying "You're the biggest hacker"

Trying to figure out what game it was using history on B.net but not having much luck. It's laughable; I am FAR from being a particularly good player. Made my night though.

Catalase on
  • Options
    TejsTejs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I got one from some random 13 year old saying "seriously, seriously, you had to not only kill me with the energy sword while you were invisible but you had to steal my sniper rifle too? Learn to play nub."

I have saved it for all time.

Tejs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I deleted the messages. I have figured out what ONE of the messages was inspired by (in hindsight I shouldn't have deleted the second message before I got the name of the player since I can't remember what it is now).

I didn't even come first. How is an 11:8 KD ratio in any way cause for shouting hacker? :P

Catalase on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes Bungie.net to update your look?

Gibbs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I had mine update for the first time when I hit 24% armory completion and it hasn't updated since.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mine has never updated. I'm almost Lieutenant Colonel.

I've only changed my look 3 times. :(.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Do daily challenges really help with exp gain? I can't tell if cR and exp is 1:1 or what, a lot of the challenges don't seem worth doing, I usually only get the ones that I would get in a normal day of play. Anytime I play firefight on a daily day its all people going for the daily.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cR = exp

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cR IS XP, as far as rank goes. The trueskill stuff is behind the scenes and works basically like Halo 3, but as far as rank up, cR is the only meter.

Nice to see how little the angry troll actually knows about the game.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mine hasn't updated either. It hasn't changed since I started using the waypoint CQB helmet.

Nightfall is definitely a good stage for the elites.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Do daily challenges really help with exp gain? I can't tell if cR and exp is 1:1 or what, a lot of the challenges don't seem worth doing, I usually only get the ones that I would get in a normal day of play. Anytime I play firefight on a daily day its all people going for the daily.

I think they do.

I'm almost Lieutenant Colonel and I just got my first gold commendations last night (and even that wwas admittedly, through ONI cheese. 50k without a quick bump after WO3 was annoying me).

I've also been seeing more and more Majors and even a Lieutenant Colonel that only have gold commendations or zero gold or better commendations (or the only gold commendations they have are in matchmaking).

If you do them "smart" / cheese them, they can help a lot.

Like, the Legendary ones that require not dying? Bullrush to the end, save and exit, reload, it'll pretend you have zero deaths.

The one yesterday that required 10 kills on Exodus while jetpacking? That was a quick load the first checkpoint on exodus, jetpack hop and headshot, boom done.

Todays kill 50 elites looks like perfect Oni base cheese.

So, yes, if you can do them quick,do them.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've been pairing the dailies with my Legendary solo run where possible. Efficiency is the same of the game.

Also I'm a Lieutenant Colonel and don't have any gold commendations. Aren't I awesome.

Willeth on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I'll be getting on shortly if anyone wants to shoot mans/not mans.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've been pairing the dailies with my Legendary solo run where possible. Efficiency is the same of the game.

Also I'm a Lieutenant Colonel and don't have any gold commendations. Aren't I awesome.

No you're Willeth, silly!

@Biz: That whole rushing to the end and then save/exit restarting this is all sorts of lame, dude. I got one of my flawless cowboy notches from when I restarted to just get credit for Demon after I took a break at the end of a level I botched. but since "zomgs you're cheesing the system by devaluing commendations and rank with shit like that" is probably a few steps short of MLG "discussion" so.... yea. I dunno. I can't say I like that kinda stuff. ;p

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @Biz: That whole rushing to the end and then save/exit restarting this is all sorts of lame, dude. I got one of my flawless cowboy notches from when I restarted to just get credit for Demon after I took a break at the end of a level I botched. but since "zomgs you're cheesing the system by devaluing commendations and rank with shit like that" is probably a few steps short of MLG "discussion" so.... yea. I dunno. I can't say I like that kinda stuff. ;p

I go back and forth on it, myself, so I can totally see where you're coming from.

The high majors / Lt. Colonels I see with like two gold (in competitive matchmaking!) or no gold commendations impress the hell out of me. For awhile I just expected to see Onyx Campaign every time I looked at these people, so now that the next "wave" for lack of a better term are starting to show up, it's impressive.

I couldn't do it long myself. I was naturally at silver in campaign for everything and pushed myself to gold using Oni to not have to deal with the entire 50k from Major 3 to Lt. Colonel. By the time I hit gold (not too long), I couldn't take the boredom and stopped.

As for the overall cheese factor of it, like the stuff I told Fizban to do..

I actually don't like that they're cheese-able, and yet I do it. I guess I just don't like the cosmetic stuff being locked away :(.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would just like to point out that random-timer Hot Potato is hilarious. Doubly-so if you have armor lock.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Same here.

[/high five]

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fucking hell. Is it typical at this time of the day to get people who 1) quit as soon as an actual invasion map is voted for instead of invasion slayer and 2) just fucking stand there the whole match?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Fucking hell. Is it typical at this time of the day to get people who 1) quit as soon as an actual invasion map is voted for instead of invasion slayer and 2) just fucking stand there the whole match?

That doesn't happen 24/7?

Gibbs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I dunno.

Usually when I play, at least on invasion, I only see drops every few games. I never see people just standing there for entire rounds though.

Except Local H Jay. :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Apparently I can't whore out Campaign missions for 1000+ Credits anymore; game's only giving me about 300 now, and I'm only getting Credits for kills with automatic/small weapons.

The dark side of having mostly Silver commendations I suppose.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think I might have burned out on Halo today. I'll switch it up with some Mega Man and Scott Pilgrim.

Gibbs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm a Major Grade 1, and have 2 gold commendation, in Close quarters and jack of all trades. Mostly because I melee fucking everything (seriously, melee is my most used "weapon" in matchmaking. It's all in the hips), and Jack because I think untouchables count for that, and I basically use armor lock 85% of the time.

I haven't decided if i'm going to ever abuse the target painter or flawless cowboy things, but it hasn't been too much of a slog up to this point, so if I ever do, it will probably be for the ranks after lt colonel that take a assload of cR

edit: also, is anyone suddenly having a really hard time getting past stage 1 on invasion boneyard? It seems like everyone suddenly figured out that they can camp the elites in the starting area with the pistol, or at least the 2 on the far left spawn

ronzo on
  • Options
    Glirk DientGlirk Dient Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I dunno.

Usually when I play, at least on invasion, I only see drops every few games. I never see people just standing there for entire rounds though.

Except Local H Jay. :lol:

I really thought I would have seen a lot more afkers/quitters in reach. Halo 3 had tons but so far in reach its rare enough where it's not a major deal.

Quitting when you start losing however is still decently common.

Glirk Dient on
    XBL gamertag: GlurkDient
    Steam Username:Glirk_Dient
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Pretty sure the reason the "Homefield Advantage" challenge exists is to measure that phenomenon.

hailthefish on
This discussion has been closed.