As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TF2: Give proyebat all ur hats

• Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    this server sure could use some people.

the sad truth about this server

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, today? Maybe just a blog update? It's got to be this week.. right?

Right?

Hey You on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I ain't playing til the weekend. Buttcleft ain't sirening me into the server again, nosirree.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    please?

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tonightwillneverbethenight.jpg

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I ain't playing til the weekend. Buttcleft ain't sirening me into the server again, nosirree.

You can not resist the siren call.

I even managed to get the server to play 2fort, then hydro.

It was awesome, and so much fun to be had.

Especially when we were crit punching That_Guy every fucking time he showed up

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    If I was a developer, I'd roll my eyes and move that ticket to the bottom of the queue for the user sounding like such a whiner.

Programmers want two things: description of the problem, and steps to reproduce. Everything else is just wasted disk space.

this is the sad truth about support tickets

It's a good thing the developers aren't the ones who work in tech support, then.

And what part of that makes me sound like a whiner? The part where I'm clear and articulate about what I expect from the tech support rep? Or is it the part where I'm clear and articulate about what the problem exactly is?

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You should have just said "WHAR'S MY ITEMS VALVEE??"

tofu on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh i should probably read your ticket ebo

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ebotastic wrote: »
    If I was a developer, I'd roll my eyes and move that ticket to the bottom of the queue for the user sounding like such a whiner.

Programmers want two things: description of the problem, and steps to reproduce. Everything else is just wasted disk space.

It's a good thing the developers aren't the ones who work in tech support, then.

And what part of that makes me sound like a whiner? The part where I'm clear and articulate about what I expect from the tech support rep? Or is it the part where I'm clear and articulate about what the problem exactly is?

Is life really so hard without your level 78 huntsman? Just be more careful next time.

rRootagea on
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey You wrote: »

Right?

No way. There won't be any TF2 updates till after "The Sacrifice" is released on Oct. 5. I bet we don't see anything until the Halloween time frame so they can release Halloween things at the same time. Then I bet no new updates until after Portal 2 is released.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    rRootagea wrote: »

Is life really so hard without your level 78 huntsman? Just be more careful next time.

It's the principle of the thing. I will be rearranging my backpack, which I really shouldn't have to do either, just so this thing won't happen in the future.

And it's easy to turn that question around with "is it so hard to put a huntsman in my backpack? Just hit the button already."

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Right?

No way. There won't be any TF2 updates till after "The Sacrifice" is released on Oct. 5. I bet we don't see anything until the Halloween time frame so they can release Halloween things at the same time. Then I bet no new updates until after Portal 2 is released.

Stop saying such depressing things. :(

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ebo, you didn't lose your huntsman, you crafted it away yourself. I'm sure you are really annoyed right now but tech support undoubtedly has more pressing issues to deal with than "reimbursing" you for an item that you technically speaking didn't even lose.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupin

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ebo, you didn't lose your huntsman, you crafted it away yourself. I'm sure you are really annoyed right now but tech support undoubtedly has more pressing issues to deal with than "reimbursing" you for an item that you technically speaking didn't even lose.

Savoo, I don't care if I crafted it, deleted it, traded it, or if it caught on fire somehow. It was moved from a slot I had designated for it, to a slot I had designated for another purpose. It doesn't matter what the purpose was, it matters that it was moved.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Savoo, I don't care if I crafted it, deleted it, traded it, or if it caught on fire somehow. It was moved from a slot I had designated for it, to a slot I had designated for another purpose. It doesn't matter what the purpose was, it matters that it was moved.

Its not Ebo's fault he doesn't pay attention when he crafts things <3

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It's the principle of the thing. I will be rearranging my backpack, which I really shouldn't have to do either, just so this thing won't happen in the future.

And it's easy to turn that question around with "is it so hard to put a huntsman in my backpack? Just hit the button already."

I guess that depends on how the item database is set up, specifically whether or not the table of tf2 info keyed to your userid keeps track of past backpack states, and if so, do commands exist to roll back changes without screwing up your other relevant statistics.
    (kiss your huntsman goodbye)

rRootagea on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

If I were to lose my level 89 kritzkrieg I would never go medic again. Ever. I would also craft away my Tyrolean out of anger.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I guess that depends on how the item database is set up, specifically whether or not the table of tf2 info keyed to your userid keeps track of past backpack states, and if so, do commands exist to roll back changes without screwing up your other relevant statistics.

They don't necessarily need to roll things back.

If you take a look at Robin's backpack you'll see he has a full page's worth of hats and developer weapons. I'm sure the other devs have similar backpacks, and they do have other testers to test out other weapons. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they have an easy way to move items around. Though, I guess whether or not Tech Support has the same capabilities is a different question.

And if it makes anyone happy, the next time I'm in my backpack I will purposely delete an item I had intended to craft.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

If you take a look at Robin's backpack you'll see he has a full page's worth of hats and developer weapons. I'm sure the other devs have similar backpacks, and they do have other testers to test out other weapons. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they have an easy way to move items around. Though, I guess whether or not Tech Support has the same capabilities is a different question.

And if it makes anyone happy, the next time I'm in my backpack I will purposely delete an item I had intended to craft.

aw don't do that

maybe they'll add a newer better huntsman to your backpack! One with 79 levels, lasers, and flaming shark decals on the side!

rRootagea on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

aw don't do that

maybe they'll add a newer better huntsman to your backpack! One with 79 levels, lasers, and flaming shark decals on the side!

That would be pretty sweet. Think of all the hot chicks I could get with something like that.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh ebo you think the valve team really cares about player items? HAHAHAHHAhahahhahaahhaa

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh ebo you think the valve team really cares about player items? HAHAHAHHAhahahhahaahhaa

I have to have hope!

Look at this post on Kotaku(yeah, I know). The dude bought APB which went defunct after 3 months. He's talking to an EA tech support rep(EA is just the publisher of APB and not the developer) and the dude gets Mass Effect 2 and DLC out of it. No run around, no pleading, no "not my issue", just "yeah, sure, I can help you."

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I dunno I'm still really bitter about the idle server bullshit.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    commie are you talking about idle servers or the idle program

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    commie are you talking about idle servers or the idle program

Idle program. Mainly because I legitimately obtained a lot of items as well as obtained some via the idle program. So I deleted duplicates. If the item I had left over after i deleted duplicates was from the idle program then they removed it. I'm fine with them removing all the items I got via the idle program but it would have been nice if they gave me back one of the same items that I legitimately obtained (but had deleted as a duplicate). Its not that hard to code.

Also it would have been nice if valve had responded to the guy who made the program and said it wasn't ok. He specifically contacted them and they didn't respond. They waited quite a while before saying "Ok now we are going to say this is wrong."

Edit: I understand valve's stance but they could have handled it a bit better.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How about you idlers play this game for a while. I am hopping on the drama chamber.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, not even a blog update yet. Maybe they have spies following our awesome paproject, waiting for it to be complete so that they can pick it up.
    :winky:

Hey You on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Crafted a backbiters billycock

boo'd heavily

then crafted that with my extra rubber glove.

ENGINEER CAP

TOOT TOOOT

ALL ABOARD THE ENGIE TRAIN

TOOT TOOOOOOOOT

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

boo'd heavily

ENGINEER CAP

TOOT TOOOT

TOOT TOOOOOOOOT
    You do realize that when trading finally comes out.. you probably could have traded away both the billycock and rubber glove for an engineer cap and the ten gallon hat, right?

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

boo'd heavily

ENGINEER CAP

TOOT TOOOT

TOOT TOOOOOOOOT
    You do realize that when trading finally comes out.. you probably could have traded away both the billycock and rubber glove for an engineer cap and the ten gallon hat, right?

Don't care for trading, don't want trading, think trading is stupid.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    installed new network drivers

hopefully that fixes my problems

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Playing the lottery is stupid too, but if you found a winning ticket you wouldn't use it for kindling.

You're crafting away virtual gold. People will want that shit!

xzzy on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, not even a blog update yet. Maybe they have spies following our awesome paproject, waiting for it to be complete so that they can pick it up.
    :winky:

Still waiting for them to pick up Moonshine

tofu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Have there been any successful tf2 maps set entirely indoors? I was thinking the paproject map could work like the inside of a museum

Turbine is indoors

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Have there been any successful tf2 maps set entirely indoors? I was thinking the paproject map could work like the inside of a museum

Turbine is indoors

NOPE

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Turbine is indoors

NOPE

You fart, turbine is succesful and awesome

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am the worst spy.

You should all be ashamed.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options