As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reach Campaign, Co-Op, and Forge Thread || Metatag: A PA Reach CoOp ||

• Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I did it in normal with GBP and IWHBYD and scoring.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    Kaiju15Kaiju15 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guibs wrote: »
    Finally finished the Reach Campaign last night. Quick question
    After the credit rolls, you are left alone and have to survive. I at some point died and you get a nice chat about how your sacrifice help saved human kind. Is this kind of a no win level, like even if you try to survive as long as you can, it won't make a difference or is it really a possibility to survive that last bonus stage?)
    A no-win situation is a possibility every commander may face. Has that never occurred to you? How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say? Well, now you have something new to think about. Carry on.
    Yes. This.

Kaiju15 on
    It is your duty as a filmgoer to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Apparently I have broken my game; I can fall from the point and take no damage; just did it 5 times in a row from different parts of the map.

This is got to be somehow connected to my inability to get the achievement; but how?

Aaaaaand . . . I just got the cheevo. And I know how. GODAMN THIS GAME.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Oaka23Oaka23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Try not falling to your death in matchmaking now

Go jump off the spire

Forge question: WHY can I only put two lights

are they really that taxing on the system? the give us like 8 to choose from but we can only place two total

brilliant

Oaka23 on
    Oaka you magnificent bastard I am in love with you in a way that offends gods and men.
    Comic edits! And for prospective editors, some common panels and extra crap you can use!
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I've played the first four combat missions and the second last one up to the cave defence on legendary and I think...I think this is possible. I can do this! I've also learnt how to headshot things reliably.

It's a shame that score attack doesn't let you continue from your previous checkpoint but getting to the cave isn't very hard.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The cave defense is actually strangely easy, its like the one point in the game where your team is truly useful

Though that may just be due to them soaking up all the bullets for you

Oaka23 on
    Oaka you magnificent bastard I am in love with you in a way that offends gods and men.
    Comic edits! And for prospective editors, some common panels and extra crap you can use!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, while the tank section I died a couple times, the cave defense went off without a hitch. I would say it was the easiest of the levels on Legendary, in fact.

Yes, even easier than Winter Contingency, assuming you're actually fighting all the encounters.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Would someone give me a hand with the weekly challenge? I just want to sprint through Winter Contingency or something...

Pretty please!

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oaka23 wrote: »

Go jump off the spire

I was following a guy in Invasion who jumped off the Spire. My plan was to follow him down and then air-assassinate him when he hit one of the yellow lifts and bounced back up, but unfortunately he completely missed the lift and splattered all over the ground. And since I was following him without a jetpack, my doom was imminent.

Fortunately, the guy had fired off Hologram in the middle of the fall. So when I took a swipe at that, it somehow reset my fall speed and I managed to crouch-land in perfect safety.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Go jump off the spire

I was following a guy in Invasion who jumped off the Spire. My plan was to follow him down and then air-assassinate him when he hit one of the yellow lifts and bounced back up, but unfortunately he completely missed the lift and splattered all over the ground. And since I was following him without a jetpack, my doom was imminent.

Fortunately, the guy had fired off Hologram in the middle of the fall. So when I took a swipe at that, it somehow reset my fall speed and I managed to crouch-land in perfect safety.

While bullets will travel through Holograms, melee attacks do not. Probably something to do with that collision detection.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Grenades being physical objects is so much fun. I'm just sad you can't nade-mortar like you could in H1, by throwing one grenade and another right next to it before the first explodes, causing the second to fly off into the air.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I will do the coop legendary run once i finish off the firefight ones.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I was glad the campaign didn't have actual snipers

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    LCDXX wrote: »
    Would someone give me a hand with the weekly challenge? I just want to sprint through Winter Contingency or something...

Pretty please!

I can help with this if you need.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wow... I just died with 2 guys left on firefight. Son of a bitch.

Anyone else looking for the weekly? Looks like LCD got a group.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I might have to get Bungie Pro with all the Forging I'm doing.

So here's my idea: King of the Road. First map is called Overpass and I'll post pictures when I'm done.
    Multi-Team King of the Hill, everyone starts with a Gauss Hog, with a regular Hog as the Hill. Vehicles obviously invincible, players are not. You get two loadouts both with Grenade Launcher + Concussion Rifle, either Armor Lock or Sprint.

So how do I get the spawning problem taken care of so that you spawn near your teammate?

And obviously I'd like to play test this with a full party of 12 players (6 two-man teams).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sounds awesome, Nocren, dunno if you can really do anything about the spawns though, as far as I know you can only sync team spawning in terms of when they spawn

Wait, isn't there a game option to allow you to spawn on teammates? If you spawn on a guy in a vehicle you're thrown in an available seat

Oaka23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, that's Invasion.

Luckily all the KotR maps I plan on making are going to be very open (simulating open roads and such) so it's just a matter of getting your driver to stop.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    God dammit

Can't blow up the scarabs on the last level

Just shoot the power thingy and orange hunter blood comes out

then the Scarab goes out of the map and kicks you out.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So King of the Road and Overpass are up in my fileshare.
    Overpass is about 90% done. Still need killzones to define boundaries.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I tried making killzones/safezones and they never work for some reason. What's the trick?

hailthefish on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    'Tank Beats Everything!' is now ticked off on my list thanks to OG and Celix, although it took a few re-loaded checkpoints. Those damn Fuel Rod Turrets are just sadistic.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I tried making killzones/safezones and they never work for some reason. What's the trick?

You have to hover over it, select options and expand the zone's dimensions.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You can only spawn on your team in invasion? Sucks.

Anyone know if you can allow territory capping in vehicles? You could in H3 but I can't seem to find anything to enable it in Reach, and without it I can't do my Halo version of [strike]American[/strike] UNSC Gladiators Atlasphere

Oaka23 on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You can spawn on your team or at points on the map.

just hit up and/or down when you're waiting to respawn for different options.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I meant it as in you only have the option to spawn on your team when playing invasion and not another gametype

Oaka23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ooooh, ok.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Yes, I know how to change the dimensions, but how big does a kill zone need to be?

hailthefish on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Note that they're inactive while editing. Launch it in an actual gametype and they work fine.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So hey, is there some trick to the fire fight 1 million achievement? I made a custom game and two hours later I was only half way there... am I grinding this the wrong way?

I had invincibility and unlimited ammo on while putting the difficult on Legendary. It is taking FOREVER. :cry:

EDIT: I am sorry for being a terrible TOTP.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I still think ODST is my favorite title in the series. Am I alone in this opinion?

Also I bought Mega Bloks today woot woot.
    img2022u.jpg
    img2024z.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    quoted for context
    Joolander wrote: »
    Here are the pics I promised of my ongoing Battle/Beaver Creek Tribute.
    An overview. Teleporters connect the back of each base. Currently, the rocket launcher is just where you left it on top of the arch, the sniper is across from it. A shotgun is in an alcove in the river below the sniper, and the GL is in the opposite alcove on archside (PROTIP: the GL's primary fire mode does not bounce if it enters the water)
    bcfull.jpg
    The front of Red Base. Red Base is laid out in what is basically an S shape on one story. The roof is accessed by jumping onto the corer that is closest to you in this picture
    bcred.jpg
    The view from the Roof of Red Base is breathtaking
    bcredview.jpg
    The front of Blue Base. The bottom floor that I am entering in this shot basically only contains a couple of spawns and a ramp up to the second floor
    bcblue.jpg
    The View from Blue Base's nest
    bcblueview.jpg

Still doesn't have a name yet, but perhaps you could help with that. I mean, I've done all the work so far, its the least you could do

So my map is pretty much done (for slayer, anyway), but I need help with respawn points and zones. I get respawn points, but I'm not really sure how zones work.

Anyway, I've put the current version up on my FileShare as "Tributary" I'm not crazy about the name, but it is a pun on "tribute" and "creek", so theres that. If you think of something better, let me know

go here to download it and see for yourself
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4193872&player=Joolander

also, any suggestions on places to put flags, bombs, oddball spawns, headhunter deposits, hills, and safe-zones are more than welcome

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Took me and a friend about 2 hours

enjoy

edit: wait whoa whoa whoa

they have halo megabloks

my first foray into a toy store since my first job will occur tomorrow

Oaka23 on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    npc.EXE wrote: »
    So hey, is there some trick to the fire fight 1 million achievement? I made a custom game and two hours later I was only half way there... am I grinding this the wrong way?

I had invincibility and unlimited ammo on while putting the difficult on Legendary. It is taking FOREVER. :cry:

EDIT: I am sorry for being a terrible TOTP.

Check the popular downloads for gametypes or search for something called 1 million in 10 minutes. Real quick and easy. Bonus rounds of gold elites give 500k+ points alone.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Downloading. Also, here's a thing as well.

No pictures uploaded yet, but thoughts?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Took me and a friend about 2 hours

enjoy

edit: wait whoa whoa whoa

they have halo megabloks

my first foray into a toy store since my first job will occur tomorrow

Yeah man there's even stop motion and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEiZcv8uOfE

I bought the Mongoose set obviously

61Gcw6IMFZL.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    omg

omgomgomg

that is the best thing ever

they even had grunt birthday party on

holy shit

edit: AND halo wars vehicles? WHY MUST I HAVE NO MONEY

Oaka23 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You know, considering a single scorpion can take out two scarabs, not to mention fleets of banshees, phantoms, wraiths, and every other covenant vehicle; why doesn't the UNSC pump out tens of thousands of those fuckers and end the war?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    You know, considering a single scorpion can take out two scarabs, not to mention fleets of banshees, phantoms, wraiths, and every other covenant vehicle; why doesn't the UNSC pump out tens of thousands of those fuckers and end the war?

Can they go into space and take on the Corvettes? :P

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They don't need to, their shots are hitscan

Tank beats everything, no exceptions

Oaka23 on