Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Games and Technology: AWESOME POST in "MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join th

SipexSipex Registered User
Sipex has reported a post.

Reason:
There's nothing funny about it. Just having the map and the fully rendered view (LOOK AT IT) is an amazing thing.
Post: MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.
Forum: Games and Technology
Assigned Moderators: apotheos, A duck!, Echo

Posted by: Ein
Original Content:
For people who kept bothering me for updated maps/renders:

Updated overhead map:

colrap_render_004.jpg

And a full-size isometric render:

http://www.fusedcreations.com/adam/colrap_render_003.jpg

There is randomly-generated stuff outside the 'boundary chasm'. This is normal, and expected, since you can see past the boundary. It continues the landscape as it existed just fine, but obviously does not continue the things I edited in like snow or sand or whatever.

Sipex on
Horseshoe wrote:
I've got good news and bad news about 6th level, That Guy. The good news is that Forbiddance spell allows you to prevent enemies different alignment from entering a consecrated area, which is actually useful! The bad news is that the only other new sixth level spell makes lunch for everybody. Guess which one the party is going to expect you to cast.
·

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This just gets better and cooler than Second Life ever is/was every day!

Skull2185 wrote: »
    Basically, (PlayStation) Home is Second Life Ultra Light? Most of the cool stuff, none of the creepy blimp on blimp fucking.
    ·
  • RikushixRikushix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What...what...how many blocks is this?

StKbT.jpg
    ·
  • SipexSipex Registered User
    edited September 2010
    Also, now with night time rendering!

http://www.fusedcreations.com/adam/colrap_render_005.jpg

Horseshoe wrote:
    I've got good news and bad news about 6th level, That Guy. The good news is that Forbiddance spell allows you to prevent enemies different alignment from entering a consecrated area, which is actually useful! The bad news is that the only other new sixth level spell makes lunch for everybody. Guess which one the party is going to expect you to cast.
    ·
  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    None of those big pictures work

·
  • PeewiPeewi Sometimes I post Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is that really a single Minecraft map? I'm aware that it's from multiplayer, but it's still very impressive.

Wii U: Peevvi || 3DS code: 3480-2527-9521
    steam_sig.png
    ·
  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh now I saw it. Firefox says the pictures are fucked, Chrome shows them.

Holy shitfuck, that stuff is huge.

·
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Is that really a single Minecraft map? I'm aware that it's from multiplayer, but it's still very impressive.

Yes, it is all a single minecraft map.

Maps are infinite, actually.

ftOqU21.png
    ·
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They're randomly generated as you explore I think, not infinite

·
  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn Ooga booga booga Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    They're randomly generated as you explore I think, not infinite

Yes, and can go on forever. That's why Ein put the chasm in - he and the thread/group were trying to come up with a way to unmistakably demarcate the edge of the allowed roaming/building area because keeping people from (ultimately meaninglessly) roaming off in random directions and generating new terrain reduces server load and stuff like that. (Obviously people ignoring rules can build a bridge, blah blah, but they can't say they didn't know where the line was).

·
    edited October 2010
    But it can't go on forever, it's inherently limited by hardware. That's not infinite.

·
  • Faren22Faren22 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    True, but it can get close enough to crash the server, or slow it severely.
    On another note, I really want to take Minecraft maps and put them in SimCity and vice versa.

·
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's not even infinite in the sense there's actually a hard coded limit, but it's pretty much impossible to reach that size as I think I read it was 4 times the surface area of Earth.

Edit: Or maybe 8 times.

aint no valley low enough, aint no river wide enough
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig~medium.jpgsteam~tinythumb.png
    ·
    edited October 2010
    Yeah it's effectively infinite, but that's very different to being really infinite.

·
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    Yeah it's effectively infinite, but that's very different to being really infinite.
    I think we understand, man

I know I literally feel like you're pounding the point into my head.

·
    edited October 2010
    it is important to make very clear the distinctions in a video game that mean literally nothing

just

just give me this okay

·