Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Burke and Hare: A Movie Thread

DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Social Entropy++
Join me, won't you?

Let us travel back in time to a land long ago and far away. Not just any land, but a Scotland.

It's October 1827 and we're about to meet William Burke and William Hare, two gentlemen of Irish descent who find themselves rather broke and rather put out in the city of Edinburgh, Scotland.

180px-Hare_and_Burke_drawing.jpg

Well, not to sit back on their laurels and simply be satisfied with being broke as jokes, our boys have hit upon a rather gruesome means of supplementing their income and living the life that they are planning on being accustomed to. But, good Doctor, how? How will these boys of no real skill manage to make money? Ah...I'm so glad you asked.

They killed people.

To rob them? No. To assume their identiies? No. To put them in a pit, put lotion on them and dance around with their cocks tucked between their legs..I mean, they were Irish after all. Not quite.

They sold the bodies to a gentleman by the name of Dr. Knox.

Dr_COX.jpg

?

No.

Knox.
170px-Robert_Knox72.jpg

Our entrepreneurial duo was paid a kingly sum for these fresh bodies by the Doctor (no relation). Knox's intent was to perform autopsy demonstrations for the med students at Edinburgh University.

But, Ziplock, how did it all end? Well, my fine friends, I don't want to ruin the story for you.

Why, you asshole? It's history, we could look it up just as you have? Yes, well... 1) fuck you and 2) because there is a new movie coming out staring:

This guy:

051014_scotty_hmed7p.hmedium.jpg

Wait...no...

spacedsimon.jpg
Better.

This guy:

gollum.PNG
Dammit...

_39893849_serkis_pa.jpg

This lady:

1864_jessica_hynes_as_wife_1.jpg

And this one too:

0.jpg
so hot.

You may also be interested in knowing that is also stars:
2005-Spamalot-Tim-Curry-bw-sm.jpg

and

christopher_lee1.jpg

Well, the movie is coming out and the trailer was just put up on youtube for all to enjoy. It looks entertaining, in my opinion, so, you know...check it out and discuss it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE7KvAyVnbw

Out in England sometime in 2010...out in the Colonies, I have no idea when.

DrZiplock on
snap02869.jpg "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. like, a puma or something. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail Satan!