As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OOC [Dark Sun] Shattered Lands

• Options
    J-BotJ-Bot Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm Not telling xD

J-Bot on
    "For art to appear, you must disappear." ~ Stephen Nachmanovitch
    Aedril character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=889486
  • Options
    KiplingskatKiplingskat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nooo! Cha'Ka! Dammit, the dice really do hate you...
    Did the bugman use the healing surge Teo gave him? I am so confuzled by the stats on the Combat page at this point...s everything up to date?

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    Zombie_Lord_DemusZombie_Lord_Demus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Poor poor Cha'ka... i fear he shall die of blood loss.....

Yeah... up to date... that on going damage is going to kill me

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've only been using the combat page to update my info, check allies (since you all seem to update often enough) and the map. I think Dan only updates monster info on the monster turn (if he even does that!)

Also, if that was an honest question about the wizardy defense mechanism (WDM) Both fireshield and guardian blades last until the end of the encounter. Guardian blades disappears if Mahzz goes unconcious, but fireshield will stay up.

Also, apparently my extended rest only lasts 4 hours, since I just go into a trance (and stay aware of my surroundings in said trance) Apparently I don't sleep. Ever. Huh....kinda like me in person.

I kid...I do sleep....just not normal hours xD

If we can get the bugman to live through the fight, Mahzz can brew healing potion. If not...then...we ummm....just have to keep the corpse fresh (Mahzz can help prepare the corpse to make it last) until we find something later on....if anything.... Kinda like that one story arc of OOTS where Roy tries to jump onto the back of a flying beast and gets an epic fail xD

J-Bot on
  • Options
    MendokusaiMendokusai Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oi?! how do i kill, i mean torture, i mean tease you in your sleep if you don't sleep!?

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    feeddannowfeeddannow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crowley is where he is. He doesn't occupy ix's space, despite coiling him.

feeddannow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    YAY!!! threats repealed. but Coax wills till glare at you for coming so close. ^_^

thanks dan!!!

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Lolz 10chars :)

J-Bot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    someone get online and pooost!! i've been checking updates for hours.... gaaaaah

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    aniketaniket Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You done with the painting stuff?

aniket on
    "In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice."
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    dear lord i finished painting at like 4... i've been stalking the IC like some addict for ever..

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    DavidalBarronDavidalBarron Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh no! Something happened. Catching up now.

edit: Oh no!

Ok, I have a plan. Ready yourself for some healing Matt and Cha'Ka.

DavidalBarron on
    Murphy Fogg, psioniCat and his thrall Edwin Cocalas, wizard

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    DAVID!!!!

hack and slash!! kill that f*@(#r IX already!! he's SOOOO immobilized..

WOOOOOT!

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    But at the same time he can't leave Matt all on his lonesome!

Oh no!!

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    soooo david...... what happens when you roll a natural 1? does that mean no one gets a healing surge? or just no damage to Ix? can crowley spend a surge now or does he have to wait until my turn?

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Don't worry, Matt's not all alone. My range is 16 if it becomes necessary, and I've got a lot of healing left.

Ignore the natural 1 behind the spoiler tags. Fortunately the healing is an effect, so I encourage Matt and Cha'Ka to take their HS+2, and Matt to take an additional HS+9.

Kill that flayer quickly, then let's kill Ix...then gang up on Uex before Matt dies.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dang, David...that's some awesome range you have!

Aureus and Kabocha: Kill the Flayer, KILL IT!! :D

Teo will keep picking away at Ix as best she and Xipil can.
    +(or is it - ?) 10 for Bad Puns

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    Aureus GreyAureus Grey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Killed it. MF1 is done.

Coming for Ix and Uex next.

Aureus Grey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Now we're in gear!

Edit:
    By the way, person who spent an Action Point:

Bravura Presence Ally who sees you who spends an action point to take action and attacks can use this: On hit, ally can make a basic attack or take a move/ on a miss the ally grants combat advantage until the end of their next turn.

Perhaps Aureus could make a start on going over and providing a flank for Matt?

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • Options
    Zombie_Lord_DemusZombie_Lord_Demus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe the dice GODs will let Cha'ka live?

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That'd be nice, Cha'Ka. Because I'm not healing you again unless you get within 5 squares of the general Uex melee. So, run-don't-walk on over here and stay within five squares of Chet until you make your damn save. (That goes for anybody else who feels like getting in on some mass healing action.)

As for the "spend a healing surge", anybody eligible can do that immediately after the power (in this case). I'm not sure how Mr. Crowley works, healing-wise.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • Options
    AmusingSNAmusingSN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok, made my turn!

AmusingSN on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Still waiting for a few moves , but I am actually ahead of the game this time - the monster stats should all be current and an updated map up for your handy reference on the wiki.

I didnt move you, J-bot, because you said "double move" and then you also took a standard action.

So I factored in your damage... but didnt move your token.

You can run your speed +2 (With a -5 penalty on the attack roll), but a double move would require you to not spend a standard (You'd be trading the standard down for a move.)

Maybe you tried to trade up your minor for a move... but that's impossible. you can only trade down. ... Standard > Move > Minor.

OR maybe you did something I am not understanding. This is also a possibility.

Let me know - either edit it down to a single move, or let me know how you got two moves AND a standard. I factored the damage in already - but I can undo that fairly easily too, if you decide to take back the entire thing and do something different.

feeddannow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    David: So with your Bravura Presence I can make one more move action this turn because I spent an action point to make an attack and that attack hit?

Dan: If this is how it works I'll move to L13 (if allowed to run... if not, K11)

Aureus Grey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes. Because Chet is awesome and promotes awesomnabulance.

edit: You can take a basic attack OR a move action. Not both. Ver' flexible warlord, is Chet.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hi hi...

so did we decide if Crowley gets healing surge from Chet's spiffiness?

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A run is a move action, you move speed+2 (unless you have some zany feat). You grant CA. And it's totally allowed.

Mia: Crowley should be able to spend healing surges as per normal - (he should have 2) - so if he was in the effect that Chet layed out, then it should be all-go to heal up the snake.

feeddannow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aight, will double-check then. Might need to make some changes on the attack....In which case I'd just MM Ix and he'd take 12 damage If I can't get into range for shocking sphere. *hops over to edit*

Okay, change is made. Mahzz is at M12. Still have barely enough range to get shock sphere off, but I think I am okay on that.

J-Bot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    so just out of curiosity... does the immobilization on ix until EONT prevent him from doing anything on his turn? or simply prevent a move action for his turn? aka can he ninja poof on his next round or does he just sit there and take it? or is it simply combat advantage for us and no other bennies?

Mendokusai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Knowing Ix, it's probably only going to stop him from taking a move action. T_T

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    AmusingSNAmusingSN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Immobilize just means he can't move or shift.

Forced movement could still be applied to him (push/pull/slide), and he can still Teleport.

AmusingSN on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just a heads up that I'll be on a bit later than usual, but should still be home in good time to post a response if things start to go nuts.
    Probably 8 or 9 my time (Seattle).

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There'll be an update tonight as soon as I get home. So anyone contemplating action or change should resolve that in the next eight hours. My poor beasties are taking a beating. But I just got my schedule at work today, and I can feel some hp-eating misdirected rage coming at you all.

feeddannow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ok, I'm here! Did I miss anything?! *phew* Not yet, I'm just in time for the pounding...

I don't think there's much point in Teo doing it, but I wanted to make sure: A roll for religion would only really be useful if you have Religion as one of your trained skills (and thus had a modifier to attach to the roll), correct?

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Aureus is going to run to L13, using the extra move action granted by Chet's Bravura Presence.

Aureus Grey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    On the religion roll, remember I already made the roll on it before I moved. I got a 31 for the record. And I do have it as one of my trained skills....just saying.

J-Bot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    @James: Well...impossible for Teo to beat that, so I'll just let you do your thing. :)

Kiplingskat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, it'd probably be nice for Mahzz to share the knowledge he has then, haha...

And you can always roll a skill, some applications of a skill need to be trained, but basically you can always roll even unskilled...

and unskilled you would roll (1/2 level)+Relevant Stat Bonus + 1d20. Trained just gives you +5 to that roll.

feeddannow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hehe, yeah, Mahzz has a pretty good stealth score too actually....well...for a wizard (12) I'm really starting to wish I took that multi-class feat that would let him get a sneakattack 1/encounter. Shadow something-er-other. (don't have the pdf open right now and I'm lazy) :) Didn't think about that hard enough I guess. Was too focused on Wizardy goodness. Ah well, least he's turned out pretty decently. Although, I should probably try to keep my distance for the rest of the fight, what with only having 14 hp left....either that, or get up nice and cozy with Chet.

I'm getting closer to getting a more concrete idea on the sacrificial music theme. Need to figure out how to do some effects with certain drum sounds though, or see if I have the right kinda sounds buried somewhere. I may need to reconnect my Korg PadKontrol and play around with it some as well.

A little bit about my "studio"

I'm pretty much stuck in a tiny-ass room that sucks bollocks acoustically. The room is very nearly square (I think like 8x9 or 8.5x9 or something crazy like that, which is pretty bad for music/acoustics what with issues of standing waves and crap. We tried to organize shelves/cabinets/etc. on the walls to help break up the sound a bit. It's helped a little, but far from ideal. I'm hoping the next place we move into will have some decent sized rooms, or at least a good basement I can treat. Something a bit less square, and more rectangular would be good. maybe 11x15 or something.

Anyway, I do have most the tools I need to write most types of music. Just have to have that inspirational spark to get me going. Having my muse not be on vacation helps too. I'm not doing Hollywood quality mind you, but I think I can still pull off some fairly respectable sounding stuff. Given the room dimensions and lack of acoustic treatment though, I'm just thanking the stars that I can get anything close to a decent mix. I don't work so much with recording live sound yet, but eventually I hope to move in that direction, and start recording local bands someday.

Gonna need more money and equipment before going that way though hehe. Mic-ing up a drumkit usually takes anwywhere from 5 to 8 mics alone. (which means I would need extra mics, and a mixer as well....got my eye on an Allen&Heath MixWizard, which runs right at about $1000 last I checked ....not ready to get one anytime soon though...maybe in a few years.)

All in all, the total amount of money I've put into my studio over the past 3 years (including the new laptop & desktop and software) is probably in the ballpark of $4500. But that is spread out over about 3 or 4 years. (although I've probably spent almost 1/2 of that in the past 6 months alone *cough*)

J-Bot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mahzz would be glad to share the knowledge....what knowledge would it be that Mahzz knows then, oh wizened DM? Other than what you posted a few threads back. I wasn't sure if that was general knowledge just for us the players, or if that was intended to be knowledge gained from rolling the check.

J-Bot on