As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OOC [Dark Sun] Shattered Lands

• Zombie_Lord_DemusZombie_Lord_Demus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Indeed. ALL THE TIME. So... i'm not TOO worried.... or am i? o_O

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
  • MendokusaiMendokusai Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love how we were all just waiiiiiting to post... bam bamb bam 4 posts in 20 min - and I bet we all thought were were gonna be first.. ^___^

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    Did I win?

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited November 2010
    yes.

Mendokusai on
  • aniketaniket Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Um.... you meant Total HP = -9, right?

aniket on
    "In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice."
  • Aureus GreyAureus Grey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just to clarify... I'm in H5 and damaged MF2 for at least 19 points of damage.

Aureus Grey on
    edited November 2010
    HA HA HA.... fixed. but if he dies then it doesn't matter what his xp is... :P

Zombie_Lord_Demus on
    Hunting Dragons.
    edited November 2010
    Ok, before I make my move.... how much is MF2's current HP right now? 36, or (36-19)?

aniket on
  • KiplingskatKiplingskat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the quick clarification, Erik!

This may "happen all the time", but I'm still fairly new to this, so I can't help but wring my hands a bit. :lol:

David, since you have more firepower in your arsenal, and most of my heavy-hitting things are gone, I'm gonna send some help up to the bug, via ninja-kitty.
    I'll only get one move once I maneuver up there. I can't do any research right now, but I do want to react, so just tell me...
    Would a healing surge or a save throw help him most?

EDIT: If a healing surge granted to an ally is also part of a melee attack, is the healing surge dependant on whether or not the melee hits?

Kiplingskat on
  • AmusingSNAmusingSN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    EDIT: If a healing surge granted to an ally is also part of a melee attack, is the healing surge dependant on whether or not the melee hits?

It depends. If the healing surge is in the "hit" section, then yes. if it is in the "effect" section, then no.
    I'll only get one move once I maneuver up there. I can't do any research right now, but I do want to react, so just tell me... Would a healing surge or a save throw help him most?

He's still taking 10 ongoing damage ... he really needs both a save and a healing surge. Either one you throw him would be useful.

10 ongoing is a super-lot for the heroic tier, that's some serious bleeding!

AmusingSN on
  • DavidalBarronDavidalBarron Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok, good plan. Teo heals the bugman, Chet stays down here to slaughter Ix (and heal Matt when necessary).

edit: Matt gets a basic attack vs. Ix. Note that Chet is flanking for this attack, so you should have CA. Whee!

Don't worry, guys! Chet has one more healing word, and then 4 powers that heal (including two dailies that heal everybody within 10 squares. I'll save those for when the flayers are dead.) We'll be fine! Says the hero who has thus far gone through the battle without a scratch. Mostly because Ix keeps running away from me for some reason.

DavidalBarron on
    Murphy Fogg, psioniCat and his thrall Edwin Cocalas, wizard

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited November 2010
    K, I went for it....and thank the lord it Hit, cause that's one of my last stronger attacks.

Have a feeling this is going to come back to bite me, but in the meantime...
    Go, bugman, GO! Heal thyself!

EDIT: If necessary, Teo can sprint up there and get in another healing action herself...

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    According to my math, and assuming MF2 was at 36 HP, I just killed it. One Flayer down.

Teo: Xipil is in J7, right? Aureus is in H5 (though the map doesn't show it) so we should get flanking bonuses to hit MF1 now. Sweet!

Aureus Grey on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, Teo moved her ninja kitty to J7

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    No no! J6! I had it right in the first part of Teo's post, but am retarded and mistyped in the second part (fixing that now). Sorry!
    Xipil is at J6, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to attack MF2. in any case, according to my sheet, I don't think Xipil can flank right now, regardless of where he is. (Can we get the benevolent DM's final word on this?)

BUT!
    He definitely can if I use a specific power. I was going to wait to see what Cha'ka's status was once the next Baddie round was done. If it looks like he'll pull through, then I can easily shift Xipil over a square, attack MF1 and give you your flanking advantage. Provided you can wait that long...

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    Sweet. Way to kill it. And I think that zany scheme you and Teo have will soon take out the other one. Good momentum, people! Now let's take out the trash and sort out the recyclable hearts from the...plastic...er...things.

Oh whatever, if Ix dares try to move out of flank, I'll punch him right back next to me. If he doesn't so dare, I'll let Matt hit him because he has a better basic attack, until Matt and whoever else is within 10 squares of me at the time needs healing (perhaps next round if things go poorly...), at which point I will do a ridiculously awesome Daily attack that also heals.

Excuse my lack of AUDIO, but I've got a sore throat.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
  • feeddannowfeeddannow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok people, I'm doing my re-check and another monster-move post tonight, I promise I'll check this one a bit less... hungoveredly than last nights. Everyone's doing pretty well... nobody's permanently dead yet... We'll see if that can change.
    Shitty day at work, time to make my players pay the price.

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    Let's wait and see where everything really is on the map. I'm pretty maneuverable, especially if I stay adjacent to enemies... I took a feat that lets me move around them and not provoke attacks of opportunity... so I'm okay with being the one to move in order to set up flanking.

I was considering trying to help Cha with my heal skill next turn, however it's untrained and would just be at the mercy of the dice. Tactically speaking, I think I'm better off stabbing the last priest.

I don't know the specifics for Xipil, but I'm under the impression that flanking happens as long as allies are directly across from each other on each side of the enemy (and adjacent to the enemy as well). Are there some creatures that don't benefit from flanking?

Nice hit, Kabocha!

Dan, just imagine the students who are giving you hell are the minions and priests that we've slain. Less death for the party that way.

Aureus Grey on
    edited November 2010
    Xipil doesn't flank unless he uses a power that lets him do so.... on the other hand, he's a ghostly badass insectuar spirit - that enemies can't pass through.

And I am working on the map and updatey stuff at the moment, I came across a problem and am fiixing it now... hold tight... it'll be a bit before the update goes through.

feeddannow on
  • AmusingSNAmusingSN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dan, you're a whackadoodle!

AmusingSN on
    edited November 2010
    So... did Aniket go yet?

(sounds like dan is about to post so i was confuzled...)

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    I think Dan is just sorting out where everybody is... the map isn't exactly up to date. I'm pretty sure we're still in the players' half of turn 4.

Aureus Grey on
    edited November 2010
    OH good... I imagined our sniper friend just hiding behind the alter waiting... the hide and seek game where people stopped looking for him... muhahaha

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    Sorry. I was a bit late in posting. Was trying to figure out the confusions. But got bored and shot at Ix ultimately.

Probably my most memorable rolls too. Check it out and you will understand.

Dan, let me know if the 2nd stealth roll was a fail.

Edit: So.... Ix now has 25 hitpoints left? Sweet!

aniket on
    edited November 2010
    yay for remus!! I'm glad someone else is getting constantly good rolls - I was starting to feel like people would assume i'm cheating all the time!!

apparently there is someone at invisible castle that really likes certain players, and hates others.

chi'ka: have you thought about just rolling real dice so that the website doesn't kill you? ^_^

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    There is a way to find out if someone is cheating by looking at the link of Invisible Castle. 8-)

It's not 100% effective, but it works.

aniket on
    edited November 2010
    So Ix is finally getting down in HP?? We hope?

If all goes well (and it almost never does), we can finally focus everyone on the Big Guy!

Nick:
    Teo is still standing by, and will dash up to try and get you another save roll at the start of the next turn, if you think you're going to need it. If not, just ignore me and post first (not too hard, since I'm one of the slow ones). :P

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    Take that, Ix. With a bit of concentration, I bet Matt can take him out next round.

DavidalBarron on

Character Sheet

Other:
    Spider Frost
    edited November 2010
    Ok, Round four is finished... Round 5 for the Gladiators!

This time, with 100% fewer errors*.

We cannot guarantee this guarantee .

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    Dagnabbit!! I'm really starting to hate Ix. Really. I almost think he's worse than Uex.

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    Also, anyone who feels the need to do so - may roll a religion check as a free action.

DC 15
    The altar of the moon contains a heart, pulled from the chest of a worthy sacrifice. You think that if you were to replace the heart with the heart of the one that defiled the altar in the first place, it would restore the altar to its proper state.

feeddannow on
    edited November 2010
    Ix is immobilized. Until the end of his next turn. boo ya.

Mendokusai on
  • J-BotJ-Bot Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Er, hate to say it, but Crowley may be about to take one from the team. Ix has infuriated Mahzz, which means another burst spell (as much damage as I can muster right now) But I gotta get into range.

So Mahzz moves to get a closer look (and roll religion check) And he's gonna smack Ix with a shocking loop.

I think the melees will have MF1 under control shortly, and I can pepper Uex with MM all day long.

Ix is troublesome, and has earned Mahzz's ire for the attack on him anyway. I'll try not to catch Teo in the blast. ^^

J-Bot on
    "For art to appear, you must disappear." ~ Stephen Nachmanovitch
    Aedril character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=889486
    edited November 2010
    So I posted my reply... but forgot the +2 and +3 attack modifiers for Ix being immobilized and bloodied!
    Thank you, Mia!

Am changing as we speak...

Ummm...
    I rolled for damage once, but then thought I had an extra modifier without linking the first (turns out I don't actually have it) and rolled for that....and now I can't get back to the original roll OR forward to the second roll. I'm stuck in dice limbo! X_X
    It was a very un-spectacular 10 (1d8+6), but I don't want to make it look like I've started pulling numbers out of thin air. I'll just post what I had, and if Dan wants to challenge it, then I'll roll again/take a penalty/kiss his feet/whatever he requires.

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    Doh, Mahzz already moved. But Xipli was unhurt in the blast...Crowley...I'm not sure if he's occupying Ix's Square or not wit the immobilization. If he's not, and still in V16, then he's safe. (I targeted the square next to xipli, V13) Sorry bout that. already started typing my post before Teo went. *cough* Besides, I just really want Ix to die now. Like I said, I can pelt missiles and clouds of daggers at the big demon thing all day long. Ix needs to be destroyed like yesterday.

Also, rolled religion check...got a 31.

J-Bot on
    edited November 2010
    well Teo forgot to add in all her mods, so she actually hit.. I think game wise crowley is still in V16, but dan will have the final call. he still has both his surges, and teo can heal him or something..

but so you know, you won't be friends with Coax anymore... she does not take injury to her serpent lightly..

Mendokusai on
    edited November 2010
    Ah, the snake's got more hp than any single one of us. He'll be fine if he gets a little singed/fried. xD

J-Bot on
    edited November 2010
    Perhaps, but Coax will NOT be happy with you. The girl holds a grudge like you wouldn't believe (just ask about her tattoo....)

PS- You're forgiven for trying to singe Xipil, since it is agreed that Ix needs to be very, very dead as soon as possible.

Religion Check:
    That's 1d20 and you only get a modifier if you have Religion in your Skill set, correct?

Kiplingskat on
    edited November 2010
    Um....I had sand in my eye....I couldn't see clearly...That's why it hit the wall instead of the thief.....Honest! *halo*

J-Bot on
    edited November 2010
    as I said before... I (mia) think your fine... I (Coax) will commence with harassing you mercilessly.

how long does your fiery defense thingy last btw?

Mendokusai on