Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Firefox crashes when attempting to download Java

The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
I bought Minecraft today, and on installation it informed me that I need Java 1.5. No problem.

I go to the Java site, and every time I try to download the latest version Firefox crashes when the 'Save file' dialog shows up; if I'm quick I can click 'save file' and start the download, at which point it gets to 'A few seconds remaining and then crashes, but with the added bonus of causing Firefox to crash every subsequent time I load up Firefox until I restart the computer.

I have never had this happen with any other binary or non-executable file; I've tried the troubleshooting tips on mozilla and am at something of a loss.

The Fourth Estate on
steam_sig.png