As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is my xbox 360 crapping out?

XenoXeno Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, got an elite 360 in December of last year, so little less than a year. No problems since then, but today, while playing Reach I get this.

NeTRzl.jpg

gCCe1l.jpg

The fuck is this? Screen goes off for like 3 seconds, comes back on, turns off for 3 seconds, comes on, then this shows up. Sound still works and I can still play fine, but that red shit stays on there. I turned off my 360 and back on, and it is fixed. This happened to me earlier in the day, but no red screen. Monitor just turned off than back on then went back to normal. I do have the beta dashboard, but would that be it?

I don't even play that fucking much. Hell, the 360 was off for the entire week, and I was only playing an hour here. Don't tell me this system is already shitting out on my already.

Xeno on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Try different cables? A different TV?

Esh on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    GPU unit dying? If it's from last december, then it's still probably under warranty, so don't take it apart to try and fix it - just send it in or take advantage of the warranty from the store you bought it from (if applicable).

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If it does this on more than one tv, yes.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reddeathreddeath Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd try a different cable or output on the 360 to make sure it isn't the graphics card on it, that looks a LOT like what happens when my dvi - hdmi cable is loose on mine.

reddeath on
  • Options
    wogiwogi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Looks like a connection problem more than a problem with your console. Might be the TV, might be the video/in, might be the cable.

Try it on a different tv, then try different cables. I've never seen, nor heard of, xbox's failing this way.

wogi on
    http://bit.ly/runshort
    -Current W.I.P.
  • Options
    emMKaiemMKai Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    Like Erandus said, hook it up to other TV's/monitors. If it still does this, then yeah it's your Xbox.

emMKai on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    emMKai wrote: »
    Like Erandus said, hook it up to other TV's/monitors. If it still does this, then yeah it's your Xbox.

He already did that, now he needs to try a different cable.

Esh on