As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Racist Dad Chat: Tell Me About Ya Fam

• Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ella Fitzgerald reminds me of Tracy Morgan

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Faynor wrote: »

wait

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    god damnit

unintentional on
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Im lucky my parents are cool, pretty liberal and accepting. Though I dont know my stepdad as well as my mom, but thats mostly because we just dont talk about stuff like politics/views on stuff very much.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I guess my dad isn't racist, but he does say racist things like the n-word and raghead and what not. But I think it's just his upbringing (neighborhood wise, not family wise, grandparents on his side are sweet) and not what he actually believes.

Cuz if he was really racist it'd be weird for his best friends to be a Moroccan immigrant and a black woman.

Also I'm reading "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee" for my history class and all I gotta say is God Bless America.

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My parents are both super progressive lifelong liberals

They are cursed with me

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i love it when people's album on facebook are just random pictures like
    "I threw this wad of paper and it landed on the fan i had to take a picture"
    "look at this sick sandwich i made"
    "look at this clock we stared at it for houuurs"

GeoMitch on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My Mom is a homophobe. It saddens me because she is an otherwise compassionate person.
    I don't know about my Dad.
    My Dad and I have a very polite and professional relationship.
    PiptheFair wrote: »

wait

pip you get a chance to watch that thing yet

Tam on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my dad keeps forwarding me these dumb text messages, like "A charity single has been released in aid of Pakistan flood relief, called "Raindrops keep falling on Ahmed." and one about refusing a muslim entry to a public pool because of the 'No bombing' sign

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That is why the internet is contributing to the dumbing down of what we consider recording

that is also why we have had 100 page poop threads

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I should mention though that my grandparents on my mom's side (both my dad's parents passed away before I was born) are fucking awesome. My grandfather who still lifts weights and was a dean of discipline somewhere in Boston's crimeslums and is one of the most macho men I know is my favorite person in the world. He's also totally accepting of other people and just doesn't give a fuck.

When I came out to my sister the other day she told me he slept with a few dudes in his hayday. I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Tam wrote: »

Same here. He sent me a business letter once, in the mail, complete with heading.

It was about finding (unused) condoms in my old bedroom.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Cool grandparents are the best

My grandpa doesn't give a shit about race. I think my grandparents were pretty anti-segragation, too

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My dad's forwards are always videos or pictures of American army dudes and helicopters blowin up turrrists

surrounded by a jillion animated bald eagle + flag + cross gifs and a random multicolor text poem about freedom and such

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    My Mom and Step-Dad are hella racist. All they do is bitch about "Mexicans". My Mom refuses to buy any toys for my kids that are bi-lingual because she thinks it is forcing Spanish on them.

They are also Tea Party members.

For the record I do love my Mom and other then the racism she is a good person. My Step-Dad is alright.

My real Dad was a very loving and caring father but he was an alcoholic and drug addict his entire life. He was one of those alcoholics who just got mellow and listened to music. He was in and out of jail for drugs and alcohol most of my life after my Mom and him divorced. He died almost 2 years ago from liver failure, liver cancer, and various other things 50 years of heavy drinking and drug use will cause.

I have a brother who is an extremely overweight, diabetic, unemployed 38 year old that lives in Canada and plays WoW 18 hours a day.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My Mom is a homophobe. It saddens me because she is an otherwise compassionate person.

wait

pip you get a chance to watch that thing yet

yup sorry dude, I'll type a thin up real soon

puppies been keeping me occupied

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »

Same here. He sent me a business letter once, in the mail, complete with heading.

It was about finding (unused) condoms in my old bedroom.

Hahahaha, jesus
    I don't think I've gotten a business letter, but all our conversations are routine and not about anything that matters outside practicalities.

I'm close to my Mom and my sisters though.
    yup sorry dude, I'll type a thin up real soon

puppies been keeping me occupied

take your time
    it's just been pissing me off the more I watch it

Tam on
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    My brother is also a "Satanist" who swings with other big fat people and his big fat wife.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    How is it that all of you intelligent, well-adjusted people came from insane conservative fucknuts?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My brother is also a "Satanist" who swings with other big fat people and his big fat wife.

ew
    ew
    ew
    ew

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    raijin kill them all

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »
    How is it that all of you intelligent, well-adjusted people came from insane conservative fucknuts?

Rebellion 8-)

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

ew
    ew
    ew
    ew

I was fixing his computer one time and I stumbled onto the worst folder of pics...it is still the worst moment of my life.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I was telling them they should watch Modern Family the other night and my Mom said she doesn't want to because it looks like it would have too much "Mexican shit" on it.

I wish I was lying about all of this...

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Satanists are essentially people who saw the inconsistencies in the bible and instead of becoming atheists they deduce that Satan is good, and God is evil

it's a lot more in depth than that but that's the gist

e: well of course there are satanists that are like "woo rebellion" or "woo i'm a fucking psychopath" but they aren't the real deal

e2: i'm not a satanist

GeoMitch on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Modern Family is great.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    GeoMitch wrote: »
    Satanists are essentially people who saw the inconsistencies in the bible and instead of becoming atheists they deduce that Satan is good, and God is evil

Satanism is really nothing like what most people think and they have some beliefs I agree with. It's not really evil like most people think but that's what you get when you use the word Satan in the title.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So nasty

In other news fuck my dad

Kazaka on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    "Let do what thou wilt be the whole of the law"

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Modern Family is great.

It's probably the second best comedy on TV right now only behind 30 Rock.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Satanism is really nothing like what most people think and they have some beliefs I agree with. It's not really evil like most people think but that's what you get when you use the word Satan in the title.

Aren't satanists like extreme objectivists?

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My parents are ok.

Mum tends to over-compensate when it comes to being nice to me and my brother, but I can roll with that. It's not a bad thing really.
    Don't talk with my Dad much, except to discuss music/politics in car rides to and from uni. Genuinely interesting talks when we have them however.

Oh and talks about what they should do with my brother. Get that from both of them. I'm not even there most of the year!

101 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Aren't satanists like extreme objectivists?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley
    8-)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

e: well of course there are satanists that are like "woo rebellion" or "woo i'm a fucking psychopath" but they aren't the real deal

e2: i'm not a satanist

no, lavey'n satanism isn't even about biblical inconsistancy

it's based on the assumption that the denial of pleasure is a means of control and that organized religion is wrong and that rebellion is good

so instead he went off and made a tongue in cheek organized religion that was essentially the cult of dionysis

there are layers of irony a hipster could not sift through

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

the liberal media

Faynor on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

it balances out because my mum's a crazy hippy preschool director who won't reuse plastic bottles because of the chemicals and buys organic toothpaste

organic toothpaste is pretty gross.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    My Dad used to make all of his income by dealing in weed. When I was 2 some guy came to the house with a shotgun over some disagreement. My Dad backed him out and shoved him through a 2nd story window...while holding me in his other arm.

My Dad was a badass in his time.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    also pip the fair please play LoL again sometime w/ me

Faynor on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    my parents are liberal, level-headed, agnostic, and generally sane, so i don't really have any awful family stories to tell.

Wallhitter on
This discussion has been closed.