As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guns] FIRE EVERYTHING!

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    That spring is terrible. I got a tapco retainer and it seems to work fine.

I would also recommend a krebs safety lever, they look a bit odd but are quite a quality of life improvement.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    [Paragon][Paragon] I'm a real doctor, for pretend! North DakotaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    cRILih2l.jpg

I post guns two at a time it seems. Just picked this cz75b omega up. Excited to shoot it.

[Paragon] on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    [Paragon][Paragon] I'm a real doctor, for pretend! North DakotaRegistered User regular
    Put 200 rounds through this morning, it's hands down my new favorite gun of all time. It was everything I hoped it could be, and I hear with a little bit of tuning it will be more. Also I still suck with the shitty glock like sites on my CZ P-07, those need to go.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wanted a CZ for forever but couldn't find one

Then I moved to Maryland and had other hobbies

Just looked back into it and I have to take classes and pay extra money and it seems not worth it (plus I no longer have a back yard I can shoot in)

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I'll make the argument that the CZ 75/85 line is the best semi-automatic going in terms of performance for the money. Bang for your buck, you might say, hur hur hur. The CZ 75 and the Browning Hi-Power were the first "Wonder Nines" that so heavily influenced everything that came afterward.

• Options
    I am now a solid 800 rounds into that CZ, and I didn't think it was possible but I love the gun even more. The break in has made an already respectable trigger even better, I'm contemplating having Cajun Gun Works do their voodoo to it, but I think I'd rather pick up a P09 and have the custom work done later. CZs are an addiction.

• Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    I picked up a CZ PCR last year and while I don't think it will supplant my Glock 19, it is the most comfortable gun I own. Style points for how cool it looks. Only thing I don't care for is the trigger. It eats up your finger and it is begging for upgrades.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Welp, I just ordered another Taurus 85 revolver. I also picked up a CTC LG-385 to go along with it.

That adds to my revolver collection of: Rossi snub 38, Taurus Poly snub 38, and Taurus Tracker 6.5" 357.

I think I might have a wheelgun addiction lol.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Revolvers are so much fun.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Speaking of wheelguns, here's my next handgun, once all of the danged New York state paperwork gets finished:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765955_-1_757770_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Eight rounds of .357 / .38 Special, baby.

Reminds me of the Taurus Tracker but with a large frame size instead of a small.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Yes. That's the S&W N Frame, which used to be their largest until they created the XL Frame for the .500 Magnum a couple of years ago. It's funny to watch Taurus and S&W go back and forth copying each other's designs.

• Options
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    My wheelguns are single action Ruger Vaqueros ... because cowboy action shooting ... plus my friends enjoy shooting them:
    qOgY6Y0l.jpg

hsu on
    iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Shot some handguns with my dad over the weekend. I'm a rifle guy and have only shot them a few times years ago, so it took me a little bit to get the sight picture right. We shot a 1911, striker fired .40 S&W, and a Glock 19. Of the three I liked the 1911 the most. Firing it just felt right.

It was pretty fun, though I think I'll always enjoy long distance rifle shooting more.

Kind of thinking about getting a handgun now. I'm partial to DA/SA, 9mm, and manual safeties. I hate the 92fs though.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    My only wheelgun is a SSA in .45LC.

• Options
    Taranis wrote: »
    Shot some handguns with my dad over the weekend. I'm a rifle guy and have only shot them a few times years ago, so it took me a little bit to get the sight picture right. We shot a 1911, striker fired .40 S&W, and a Glock 19. Of the three I liked the 1911 the most. Firing it just felt right.

It was pretty fun, though I think I'll always enjoy long distance rifle shooting more.

Kind of thinking about getting a handgun now. I'm partial to DA/SA, 9mm, and manual safeties. I hate the 92fs though.

You have no shortage of options. I don't own one (yet) but I have been taking a long look at the Beretta PX4, altho in .45.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I kiiinda want to get into handguns, but with both budgeting and space issues it's trickier now than it would've been three years ago.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Went out last weekend and shot a round of trap, last time I did it I was 14 in Boy Scout camp. Did terrible. 11/25. I didn't shoot the trap hut at least so I have that going for me.

Then took a Mosin-Nagant M44 and a 1903 Springfield out and put a few rounds through them. Both my dad's. The M44 is a variant of the M38, which itself is the carbine variant of the 1891/30. The only real difference between the M44 and M38 is a permanently affixed side-folding bayonet. Fires the 7.62x54, and kicks like a mule, the steel buttplate doesn't do your shoulder any favors. We put 30 rounds through it on the 300 yard range trying to sight it in, only discovering at the very end that it was so out of whack the rounds were hitting about 36 inches to the left and 24 inches high from where we were aiming.

Meaning we put about 20 of those rounds into the wood stand holding the target.

The Springfield went better, 5 clicks right and 10 up and it was putting holes in the target. The rifle was a gift to my dad, from an old guy my mom does in-home care for. An old guy who happens to be a retired 2 star general. He was divesting some of his collection and basically went "Do you want this? Here you go."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I kiiinda want to get into handguns, but with both budgeting and space issues it's trickier now than it would've been three years ago.

The thriving American handgun market is driving prices down with big name, high-end gunmakers like Glock, HK, and Sig-Sauer all coming out with relatively cheap single-stack 9mm pistols.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

The thriving American handgun market is driving prices down with big name, high-end gunmakers like Glock, HK, and Sig-Sauer all coming out with relatively cheap single-stack 9mm pistols.

how did the server not end up with a divide by zero error with this combination

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Budget varies but space wise you'd be looking at storage for the gun itself (varies depending on what it gets stored in which depends on access control considerations), cleaning supplies (about the size of a shoebox), and ammo (varies depending on how much obviously but also caliber. 50 rounds of most common handgun calibers is about 4 or 5 smartphones stacked on top of each other).

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    In timely fashion, here's Hickok45 discussing the history of the .357 Magnum and shooting a bunch of .357 revolvers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzBdxsvS-kE

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    In timely fashion, here's Hickok45 discussing the history of the .357 Magnum and shooting a bunch of .357 revolvers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzBdxsvS-kE

My favourite thing about Hickok is that N frames look like J frames in his hands.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »

You have no shortage of options. I don't own one (yet) but I have been taking a long look at the Beretta PX4, altho in .45.

I've also been looking at the Px4 purely because I find the design aesthetically pleasing.

For pistols I currently have a gen 1 PPQ with the ambidextrous mag and slide releases, a Russian IJ-70 in .380, and a PA-63 in 9MAK.

I've also been looking at more pocket pistols. I just really like small handguns.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

If price is an issue, there are still a few options.

You can usually find a police trade-in Glock for ~$450 with a few magazines.

Cheaper than that you have the new Ruger 9E, the Bersa Thunder, the FEG PA 63, different Makarov pistols (though the Polish P 64 seems to be more common), the Diamondback 380C, the Ruger LCP, and that's without having to resort to purchasing a Hi Point.

Of course if you're on a budget and don't mind a full size brick a Hi Point isn't exactly terrible. You have four cartridge choices (.380, 9x19, .40, and .45) but you're limited to 10 round magazine for a handgun that should easily be able to accommodate a double stack magazine of nearly double that capacity. But they are cheap.

NSDFRand on
  • Options

Budget varies but space wise you'd be looking at storage for the gun itself (varies depending on what it gets stored in which depends on access control considerations), cleaning supplies (about the size of a shoebox), and ammo (varies depending on how much obviously but also caliber. 50 rounds of most common handgun calibers is about 4 or 5 smartphones stacked on top of each other).

Oh yeah I know this, by space I more meant "I live with four super liberal women in rented property and this could prove to be a point of conflict."

I'll mull all these choices over though, thanks erryone

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Oh yeah I know this, by space I more meant "I live with four super liberal women in rented property and this could prove to be a point of conflict."

Lol...life's too short for that kind of aggravation. Might as well wait.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

Ah, yes. Even without political inclinations, housemates complicate things in regard to access control. Even if you trust the people you live with not to be an issue, people they have over can be issues.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I am good about locking stuff and having a level of paranoia about that. It is more the political implications. I could be wrong, so I will probably bring it up later. But too much else going on now. Though there is a range nearby that offers storage...

• Options
    I am good about locking stuff and having a level of paranoia about that. It is more the political implications. I could be wrong, so I will probably bring it up later. But too much else going on now. Though there is a range nearby that offers storage...

People your housemates have over can start political arguments or other such goosery too.

But yes, it's something that deserves discussion especially since even if you can store it somewhere else at some point you may need to bring things home to disassemble and clean.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Depending on where you live, you may want to get the gun permit/first gun purchase process started now. I live in New York and I had to wait six months after application and NRA safety class until my permit arrived. New Jersey is about the same, I've read, despite a state law that requires them to process permit requests within 30 days.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If you've got housemates it's good to keep things locked up. Some people aren't very good at not touching other people's things, and when it comes to guns someone who doesn't know what their doing touching things can hurt themselves or others.

• Options
    It's a good idea to keep guns locked up AND seperated from ammo, also locked up, even if you don't have housemates. With the exception of the one you are carrying, of course, and that one should never leave your field of vision.

• Options
    Yeah, I compulsively lock everything up separately.

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Sold my LMT .308 back to the fun store I bought it from for nearly the same price I paid for it (apparently LMT is backordered so heavily they weren't even taking orders at SHOT Show). Got a Springfield XDS .45 to go along with my 1911 Commander. Currently trying to decide between getting a .308 R700 or a decent AR and Barbieing it up.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    chasm wrote: »
    Sold my LMT .308 back to the fun store I bought it from for nearly the same price I paid for it (apparently LMT is backordered so heavily they weren't even taking orders at SHOT Show). Got a Springfield XDS .45 to go along with my 1911 Commander. Currently trying to decide between getting a .308 R700 or a decent AR and Barbieing it up.

There's always the FN SCAR 17S...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    I'd say go with the Remington 700. You could use it for hunting or long range shooting.

Though I think ARs are kind of boring.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    chasm wrote: »

I try to limit the types of ammo that I need to buy, so I'll probably go .45 ACP on my next one, too. Taking a long look at the Beretta PX4 right now. Springfield would be my second choice, I think.

This discussion has been closed.