As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Accommodation in Vancouver

HerothHeroth Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm going on vacation soon (mid nov to late dec) and for the last part of my trip from the 17th to the 27th of December i'll be staying in Vancouver.

What i'm wondering is if anyone can recommend me good Accommodation there for a tourist.

I'd like a balance of affordable but close to attractions, i'm planning on snowboarding while there (never been before so beginner friendly slopes, if that helps...) So a general location of the 'center' of town would also work and i can go from there.

Also wondering on temperature, i've heard it averages around 3c/37f is that right?

I'm interested in anything to do with Vancouver that you can suggest, like attractions i shouldn't miss, suggested activities while there and such.

1Gn4PNI.png
Heroth on

• Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are you renting a car or not?

There is public transit to take you to the base of Grouse Mountain, but only private shuttles from North Vancouver to Cypress and Seymour for skiing and boarding.

You'd be right about the temperature. However, this is supposed to be a La Nina year and only into mid october, it's already quite chilly outside so who knows how it'll turn out. You never can tell with the Pacific Northwest.

Above all else, you need to explore Stanley Park once, even if just for a few hours. It's goddamned beautiful. At the very least, do a walk of the seawall. It's 10 kilometres long (around six miles) and takes two hours or so to walk the length of.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg